Any good collecting stores in Cleveland?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently moved to Cleveland, and I don't know any good collecting stores. I was wondering if any of you guys knew. Preferably in the Euclid, Cleveland heights, Mayfield Heights area.

Reaction score
You've got Big Fun toys over on Coventry in Cleveland Heights. Other than that I'm not sure about the Cleveland area. Toys Time Forgot is in Canal Fulton near Akron.

They both have SW stuff but you're NOT going to get any steals or bargains.

If you collect vintage, drop me a PM and I might be able to get you some stuff you need. I'm only 1 hr from Cleveland.

Reaction score
sabresedge said:
You've got Big Fun toys over on Coventry in Cleveland Heights. Other than that I'm not sure about the Cleveland area. Toys Time Forgot is in Canal Fulton near Akron.

They both have SW stuff but you're NOT going to get any steals or bargains.
Haha true! When I asked them, they laughed at me.

But their stuff is in good condition.

Reaction score
I never get out East, but the southwestern suburbs are really good (Strongsville, Medina, etc.). The usual WM, Target, TRU.

Reaction score
There's a Target in Willougby that may not be bad. There's a TRU out in Mayfield area, too. I also like Comic Heaven in Willoughby, but I haven't been there in ages.

Reaction score
BIGJIM said:
I never get out East, but the southwestern suburbs are really good (Strongsville, Medina, etc.). The usual WM, Target, TRU.
Whoa, I'm quoting myself? Your best bet is to avoid the major malls (Great Northern and Parmatown). It seems like, if they have anything at all, it is gone about five minutes after opening (all you guys I occasionally see at TRU on Sat. a.m.'s know what I mean). Also, those two Target's seem to have the most Nazi-like employees I've ever known. They would't go into the back and check stock if you held the place up.

Reaction score
Spideymike said:
There's a Target in Willougby that may not be bad. There's a TRU out in Mayfield area, too. I also like Comic Heaven in Willoughby, but I haven't been there in ages.
I live a 20 minte walk from that Mayfield TRU.

BIGJIM said:
BIGJIM said:
Whoa, I'm quoting myself? Your best bet is to avoid the major malls (Great Northern and Parmatown). It seems like, if they have anything at all, it is gone about five minutes after opening (all you guys I occasionally see at TRU on Sat. a.m.'s know what I mean). Also, those two Target's seem to have the most Nazi-like employees I've ever known. They would't go into the back and check stock if you held the place up.
I really gotta get to Medina. It seems like a good place to collect.

You know, people in Jaxx, FL have a collecting group. Why don't we start one? I'd be interested, once I got a job. (Kinda hard to pay for a lot without one).

Reaction score
When I lived in Cleveland about a year ago, there was Big Fun; which I definantly recommend.

Also, Collectors Warehouse in Lakewood. They moved from Parma to Lakewood a few years back and are alittle smaller, but they still have some Star Wars stuff. That reminds me, there are some comic shops along Ridge Road in Parma that may have something - I hadn't checked them in awhile, though.

Reaction score
Thought I'd resurrect this thread - any new toy stores, comic shops, etc in the last few years? I've had to travel from Akron to Cleveland more often, and I have been to Big Fun a few times but if anyone else knows of other stores in Cleveland, Akron, etc - let us know.

Reaction score
Hey there. Big Fun opened a second location about two years ago at the intersection of Clifton and W. 115th st in Cleveland/Lakewood. The original location is still on Coventry. If you're willing to drive about 45 minutes east, former Big Fun employee Jason opened a neat little shop called Spaceman Floyd's Cosmic Toys on Main St. in Madison...a bit past Mentor.

Reaction score
Checked out the other BF location last year - didn't find anything SW related that I was looking for, but I bought a vehicle and figure for my nephew who was with me. I wish both BF locations had more vintage SW, and a selection of Droids & Ewoks (animated) stuff, as that's my focus.

Anything new in the area?