Any Collectors still in New Orleans?

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone is out there? Not just New Orleans, but all of southeastern Louisiana. Even though I'm now in Phoenix, Arizona, it would be great to see how you guys are doing. Hope to hear from y'all soon.

Reaction score
Hey, I returned in early October. Alot of Walmarts still arent open, but the 2 Targets in the city are. They seem to get the new stuff fairly quickly. When I had to evacuate to Baton Rouge, the shocktrooper wave was hitting and I could find them alot up there, which was a nice time to hunt to get my mind off of things...

Reaction score
I was there in December and I also saw that alot of Wal-Marts were still closed. It's funny though, I found the Tarkin wave (ROTS) when I was there and my sister found the Shadow Trooper for me. Keep hope alive!

Reaction score
That's awesome, When I returned to the area the week before Xmas, I went to the Metairie Target and BAM, Shadow Trooper just sitting there on the shelf. Wal marts and TRU are horrible (Metairie TRU just now got the carkoon wave) but the Metairie Target on vets has been getting the new waves regularly, I've been impressed; still waiting to find Scorch though!!!

Reaction score
The super wal marts in jefferson & kenner are open, but only till 8 or 9. There is also a non-super wal mart in kenner that is open. they have been deplorable with getting any star wars figs; I don't really search there often, but I've never seen any of the 2006 saga line.

Reaction score
It just seems so weird having everything close so early at night. I used to work overnight, and that was the best time for me to hit Wal-Marts.

I was supposed to have flown into N.O. today for Mardi Gras weekend, but due to financial situations and other commitments I had to cancel. I hope you guys get a chance to enjoy some Mardi Gras.

Reaction score
Mardi gras was great, I watched the parades on Canal st and it seems that a lot of the bad element weren't present

Reaction score
Just thought I would post to let you guys know I'm still around.Pretty good luck up here, found part of the Geo wave, and I've been buying lots of attacktix 3. Those things are freakin addictive.

Reaction score
anyone collectors still in the area? It has actually been very good out there. For instance, at the veterns Toys R Us, they had two of the only figure from ROTS that I had never seen: TARKIN. Although, he came as part of their 2 pack special (forgot who the other was, it was Tarkin!!!) Also, anyone looking for SAGA wave Geonosois, the non-super Regular Wal Mart on Veterns has the entire line except for Scorch, including 2 Jango Fetts, just sitting there as of Saturday.

Reaction score
i'm in the northshore. due to a back injury, i've almost given up because i can't be going around checking stores when they don't have ANYTHING but the crap transformers stuff. i did luck out and find two utapau/cody grunts...

Reaction score
We have a card crusher on the WestBank now too... 2 orange clones found this morning (TRU Lapalco), cards intentionally crushed...

Reaction score
for anyone interested. of all places, the super wal-mart on jefferson highway had 2 orange clone troopers and lushros dofine as of this morning

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up! I have given up on that store. My friend knows the scalper who lives right by that stores and rapes it just about every morning at opening...

Reaction score
whats up to anyone on the westbank. i was wondering if anyone has seen any VTSC figures on the shelves yet? seems like every store is empty. i heard the manhattan wal-mart has opened, with limited hours, as a heads up to anyone out there.

Reaction score
VTSC were at the Westbank Target a few weeks ago. One of the employees was telling me about it. The Manhattan WM is open from 9am-6 I think. They haven't gotten in ONE 3.75 inch figure yet...

Reaction score
Yeah, the guys that work at the Manhattan Target are pretty cool, they've helped me before no problems. It seems Walmart is aweful at putting figures on the shelves, but just the figures. All other SW merch. is put out, but those. Harahan W-Mart stocked a few cases Wednesday, but it was picked over by the time I got there. If any one sees VTSC let me know.

Reaction score
I'm be in New Orleans for a convention next weekend. Anyone know of any decent collectibles stores for comic books and toys in the area that they can recommend that is still open?
Thanks.

Reaction score
You could try More Fun Comics. It's located at 8200 Oak Street in the Uptown district off of Carrollton. Their number is 504-865-1800. Enjoy!

Reaction score
Hi folks! I am ashamed to say that in all the years I have been a Scummer, I have never looked at this section of the forums.

I'm in New Orleans and mainly only collect Gentle Giant busts and a few of the Saga figures I like. If I can help anybody out, drop me a line.

Is there any groups that costume here locally? I am dieing to get myself a Stormtrooper uniform, but I think my wife will finally think I went off the deep end!

Reaction score
I am wondering too, do any New Orleans collectors ever get together? Any one have any interest in this? Just Curious. Drop a line for any events, it would be cool to get together.

Reaction score
There is a meeting I've been attending for a couple of months now in Baton Rouge. I've never heard of a gathering for the New Orleans area before. For more info on the Baton Rouge affair look in the thread underneath this one.

Reaction score
Thanks for picking up my slack raven! I've been out of town and haven't been able to update things as much as normal. I just posted this in the BR thread but wanted to mention it here to - we have a meeting coming up this Saturday (9/2) in Baton Rouge. Check either the BR thread or here for more information. Hope to see you there!