Antoc Merrick - #RO??

Reaction score
Very surprised and happy to see these are STILL available. Got one of each while I was on lunch not too long after they went live. Now we just sit and wait. Hopefully no delays or cancelations!

Reaction score
I'm always excited for new Rebel pilots, and Merrick was such a great addition to Rogue One.

But the re-use here does bug me a bit. The Rogue One flight suit was intentionally different from the OT's dyed boilersuits and it's as shame not to have that extra bulk captured here, especially around the collar. I don't love that that RO made the flak jackets too short to extend down to the bottom of the chest box like they did in the OT, but it's part of the character's look and reusing the X-Wing Luke body means you lose that accuracy. This is to say nothing of how old and creaky that X-Wing pilot body is and how much the articulation suffers compared with newer figs.

The Snowspeeder arms are a fair enough re-use, I guess. It's close enough that at this scale I probably couldn't tell the difference.

But still, I'm a little sad a character I really like gets the 'bonus figure' treatment, where he's been put together out of spare parts on the cheap and made an exclusive. An all new, Rogue One specific pilot sculpt with better accuracy and current standard articulation would have been way better, and you could even have got some re-use out of it with the other Rogue One pilots.

Still, if he's not too hard to find in the UK then this will still probably be one of the few figures I pick up this year, I just can't say no to Rebel pilots.

Reaction score
I try not to buy Black Series because it’s not my focus, but I did want this because I love pilots, Rogue One, and there’s not enough Merrick and Blue Squadron merch out there.

But despite being awake for the pre-order, Target won’t ship it to me because I’m not in the CONUS so I couldn’t order.

I had to laugh because they’ll ship me the TVC Falcon, 10 cans of corned beef, or a myriad of household appliances but they can’t ship a 16 oz action figure to me.

Target is the worst place for exclusives.

GNT

Reaction score
New pilot in the line, yes! Hasbro did a great job on the sculpt and detailing.

Reaction score
I haven't been collecting RO figures, unless they fit in with figures from other eras, but this is very tempting!

im in the same ship. i think (for me) because force users are my primary focus for collecting, but none of the RO figures really call to me. i do have a K2SO to pose alongside Cal Kestis for Fallen Order era

i did pre-order this figure because i like the colors of the pilot gear.

i did find it a bit humorous that LandspeederLuke shared his custom of this figure seemingly days before we got the official release announcement.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Received an email that Merrick would be delayed and requires approval. No new date was provided, though he was originally scheduled to release on October 3rd. However, the follow-up email I received had the "arrival" date moved up to September 16, even though there is still no date listed under my account orders. I'm somewhat dubious of the 9/16 date as my pre-orders for the three Carbonized figures, which also needed delay approval, have that same date in the follow-up email.

Reaction score
The whole situation sucks. I preordered Merrick and Erso together on the same order, and approved the delay with the button underneath Erso. That led to a situation where Merrick was still showing as delayed with approval needed. Yet because I approved Erso already, I had no way of approving Merrick.

What a cluster****. I ended up cancelling my order and preordering them both again, but individually this time. Let’s see if I get them before 2023 because I’m now at the end of the preorder queue.

Reaction score
If you use the desktop website to approve the delays, there'll be a button for each item to approve. I don't know why the app doesn't have them.

Reaction score
I have not received an email about a delay as of yet. Maybe I got lucky? Is it all orders, some orders?

Reaction score
Logging into my account and both were asking to approve the delays. I wouldn't have known so thank you.

Reaction score
My card was frozen by my bank for "suspicious activity" when I bought a couple of gift cards at Walgreens on Christmas Eve. I guess while it was inactive, Target tried to do that pre authorization thing that they do on pre orders and subsequently cancelled my pre order without any chance to change my method of payment or anything! I went to the website check and see if I could re order and came to the realization that, even though I could have re ordered, I don't even care any more. I might pick him up if I see him in store, but I am done playing these stupid games.

Reaction score
I just had a similar thing happen. I ordered the TVC Droids figures because I had just rewatched the show and was all jazzed about it. They sent 3PO but the card back was all bent up and I was even just going to keep it anyway. Then my bank abruptly makes everyone switch from Visa to MasterCard right before Christmas and of course Target tried to do their weekly pay authorization thing and R2 got cancelled.

It gave me enough time to stop and think about why I'm even buying something in 3.75" scale anyway... And I returned 3PO.

The extra insulting part is that I also have a Target Red Card linked to my debit account. Why didnt they just take the payment from that?

Oh yeah, because they oversell and underorder their exclusives and have to do shady things to shave some orders off and make demand.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Where I'd this figure even at? He was due out 4 months ago and there isn't even overseas reports of him available yet...

Reaction score
The only report I've seen is from Asia about a week ago. In-hand images courtesy @iggyrogerkkk. The boxed images don't look too good, the lighting is definitely wonky causing the colors to be off.

Black-Series-Antoc-Merrick-RO-In-Hand-Boxed-1.jpg

Black-Series-Antoc-Merrick-RO-In-Hand-Loose-1.jpg

Black-Series-Antoc-Merrick-RO-In-Hand-Loose-5.jpg

More images

Spoiler:  
Black-Series-Antoc-Merrick-RO-In-Hand-Boxed-2.jpg

Black-Series-Antoc-Merrick-RO-In-Hand-Boxed-3.jpg

Black-Series-Antoc-Merrick-RO-In-Hand-Loose-2.jpg

Black-Series-Antoc-Merrick-RO-In-Hand-Loose-3.jpg

Black-Series-Antoc-Merrick-RO-In-Hand-Loose-4.jpg

Reaction score
I never really noticed but it looks like they used the Snowspeeder pilot gloves instead of the other gloves we saw in ANH.

Reaction score
So my Merrick was also just cancelled the other day. Super aggravating how crappy Target handles pre-orders. pre-authorizations and holds. Half the figure was paid for using Target Circle Earnings. I had to fight with them to get those rewards credited back into my account.

I truly hate Target pre-orders.

I just had a similar thing happen. I ordered the TVC Droids figures because I had just rewatched the show and was all jazzed about it. They sent 3PO but the card back was all bent up and I was even just going to keep it anyway. Then my bank abruptly makes everyone switch from Visa to MasterCard right before Christmas and of course Target tried to do their weekly pay authorization thing and R2 got cancelled.

I wonder if we have the same bank. I had gotten a notice in late Summer about a credit company switch. It also stated that they were away people have recurring payments and items on order and they would do their best to transition smoothly from Visa to Master Card and that there wouldn't be any issues and all payments would be covered. Well...no, no they were not. I had held out because I didn't trust the whole situation and felt if I could just clear this pre-order and my Amazon Artillery Stormtrooper I would switch after. The day before they finally force switched me over to the new card Target had placed a hold on my funds for Merrick, this was mid-December. When Target did they next bi-weekly funds hold request it failed because the new card was active. :(

Still have it on PO wich said ETA Feb/March '22 from the first day.

It may be a difference between dates for North America and Europe. I vaguely recall a date of October for the initial Target pre-order which changed to the generic "Fall" and then later to "Coming soon".

Reaction score
Half the figure was paid for using Target Circle Earnings. I had to fight with them to get those rewards credited back into my account.
I've learned to only use one specific credit card for all my pre-orders everywhere. I never use rewards points, gift cards, or debit cards. It's helped me avoid all sorts of issues with cancellations, delays, etc.
It may be a difference between dates for North America and Europe. I vaguely recall a date of October for the initial Target pre-order which changed to the generic "Fall" and then later to "Coming soon".
The original release date was 10/3 with arrival for me between 10/6~10/11.

Black Series Antoc Merrick Release #1.jpg

There was a delay approval email sent on 8/20, but when approved the arrival date in the follow-up email actually updated to 9/16. :unsure:

Black Series Antoc Merrick Release #2.jpg

Finally, at some point (not sure exactly when), the release/arrival date was no longer listed and on the order page it simply stated, "Estimated coming soon".

Black Series Antoc Merrick Release #3.jpg

Reaction score
I've learned to only use one specific credit card for all my pre-orders everywhere. I never use rewards points, gift cards, or debit cards. It's helped me avoid all sorts of issues with cancellations, delays, etc.

The original release date was 10/3 with arrival for me between 10/6~10/11.

View attachment 409233

There was a delay approval email sent on 8/20, but when approved the arrival date in the follow-up email actually updated to 9/16. :unsure:

View attachment 409234

Finally, at some point (not sure exactly when), the release/arrival date was no longer listed and on the order page it simply stated, "Estimated coming soon".

View attachment 409235
Good old Antoc, he was never good at getting dates !!!!