Anovos Luke Skywalker Rebel Pilot Helmet

Reaction score
I’m impressed- the weathering looks better on this than the ANH EFX or the recent RS ones, IMO.

Even with a discount I won’t order direct though.

Reaction score
FINALLY! Been waiting awhile for this one. The weathering and details look great. I just hope they can really get it out by 4th quarter this year.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So I own the Celebration-exclusive EFX EpV Luke Xwing sig edition helmet, but I've been thinking I'd like to sell that and "downgrade" to an ANH version, but I'd assumed I'd have to sell the EFX ESB version for a lot and buy the EFX ANH version for slightly less, but now this presents a much cheaper alternative to that. I'm just worried about the Anovos version being cheapish compared to the EFX versions. Is Anovos stuff considered primarily costuming gear and not worthy of display, or is it decent quality? I don't want to trade a really solid piece for something flimsy.

Thanks for any advice!

Reaction score
So I own the Celebration-exclusive EFX EpV Luke Xwing sig edition helmet, but I've been thinking I'd like to sell that and "downgrade" to an ANH version, but I'd assumed I'd have to sell the EFX ESB version for a lot and buy the EFX ANH version for slightly less, but now this presents a much cheaper alternative to that. I'm just worried about the Anovos version being cheapish compared to the EFX versions. Is Anovos stuff considered primarily costuming gear and not worthy of display, or is it decent quality? I don't want to trade a really solid piece for something flimsy.

Thanks for any advice!
There is a big difference in weight. The Anovos is ABS so it’ll feel a lot lighter compared to EFX’s fiberglass versions. But if it’s going to just sit on a shelf I don’t see a problem with it. I might sell my EFX one down the road for this.

Reaction score

Thanks for any advice!
Based on your last sentence about solid vs flimsy, you may want to stick with what you have. The EFX helmets are heavier fiberglass versus the thinner, lighter abs plastic of the Anovos ones. Granted, that abs plastic is truer to the screen-used prop material than fiberglass. In a display environment you aren’t likely to be picking up the helmets, so weight matters less. As far as “quality,” I can say that the “Premier Line” Anovos helmets I own (which this X-Wing helmet is NOT, to be clear) are fiberglass and are equal if not superior to the fiberglass helmets done by EFX.

Really just depends on what you’re after.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Thanks for any advice!
The size, shape, materials, and weight are all completely different from the EFX versions. The price is cheap enough to pick one up, however I would not give up one of my EFX for it.

Reaction score
Is there any license restriction with this helmet? It will only ship to the US.

Best regards,

Alex

Reaction score
Is there any license restriction with this helmet? It will only ship to the US.

Best regards,

Alex
No licensing issues that I’m aware of. However I live in the UK and Anovos Shipping fees are pretty steep, then there’s the duty/vat etc so I prefer to buy from a EU retailer or eBay EU anyway. Plus I tend to buy after (or very close to) release as I don’t like pre-ordering (tired of too many delays from all the licensed companies!)

Heres a review I did of the Anovos Rey helmet, which I thought was really great http://www.starwarshelmets.com/Anovos_TFA_Rey_Xwing.htm

It also includes side by side comparisons with an EFX helmet. Bottom line is they are both quality helmets, both with their advantages and disadvantages.

Cheers

Jez

Reaction score
I'll be pre ordering it..
I'm just going to wait for entertainment earth to get it on their website as a presale..

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'll wait to see it first hand at San Diego Comic-Con. If it is decent, I'll wait to pick up one at the Star Wars Launch Bay with my 20% discount.

Reaction score
It's like someone's teasing me. My RS came yesterday but nobody was home. Get back and all I see is this!

I should be getting it today.

No licensing issues that I’m aware of. However I live in the UK and Anovos Shipping fees are pretty steep, then there’s the duty/vat etc so I prefer to buy from a EU retailer or eBay EU anyway. Plus I tend to buy after (or very close to) release as I don’t like pre-ordering (tired of too many delays from all the licensed companies!)
Very true. Even on small things with or without boxes (so size doesn't matter) with a customs charge slapped on top. Only buy direct if you definitely want it and are prepared to pay.

Reaction score
I think this is a bit cheaper if ordered direct from Anovos even with the shipping/handling and tax added on with the 15% discount. Once it hits Entertainment Earth it will be $399.00 with free shipping. It comes in at $379.00 from Anovos to me here in Pennsylvania.

Reaction score
I already picked up the RS Red 5 (which is said to have great lineage). Will be passing on this. And I noticed the Anovos one doesn't have that extra long mic tip. Hmmmm

Reaction score
so I'm debating on this one...I've never ordered from Anovos or held any of their products before. I guess I'm not sure the quality it will have being ABS. To me, when I see or hear ABS, I think thin cheap plastic that will look or feel like a $50 Halloween helmet. I may be totally wrong here...which is why I'm asking. Can someone break this down for me?

Reaction score
so I'm debating on this one...I've never ordered from Anovos or held any of their products before. I guess I'm not sure the quality it will have being ABS. To me, when I see or hear ABS, I think thin cheap plastic that will look or feel like a $50 Halloween helmet. I may be totally wrong here...which is why I'm asking. Can someone break this down for me?
it certainly doesn’t feel cheap or flimsy, and if the paint job is anything like the Rey then it'll be excellent. It’s not as heavy as the fibreglass EFX but that can also be a good thing. Oh and the original screen used helmets were ABS.

Check the review and comparisons on my website

Cheers

Jez

Reaction score
it certainly doesn’t feel cheap or flimsy, and if the paint job is anything like the Rey then it'll be excellent. It’s not as heavy as the fibreglass EFX but that can also be a good thing. Oh and the original screen used helmets were ABS.

Check the review and comparisons on my website

Cheers

Jez
thanks for that info, I did read your review. I guess I'm just trying to get a compairison of what it will feel like. Are we talking it would feel like one of the Black Series helmets/hard hat (material wise) or something thinner?

Reaction score
thanks for that info, I did read your review. I guess I'm just trying to get a compairison of what it will feel like. Are we talking it would feel like one of the Black Series helmets/hard hat (material wise) or something thinner?
It is actually a little thinner than the BS Stormtrooper for example because of the material difference. They are still plenty sturdy for display or wearing around. Most 501st like the lighter material of these type of helmets also.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Heres a review I did of the Anovos Rey helmet, which I thought was really great http://www.starwarshelmets.com/Anovos_TFA_Rey_Xwing.htm

It also includes side by side comparisons with an EFX helmet. Bottom line is they are both quality helmets, both with their advantages and disadvantages.

Cheers

Jez

Many thanks for your answer Jez! :D

Best regards,

Alex

Reaction score
I can fully understand why someone would be interested in this if they did not already have one of the better made helmets. I would be in the same boat if I didn't already have three in my collection. This particular one is just another repaint of their Rogue One helmets which are not the same design as what was used for the OT or Rey's helmet in TFA. The shape, size and dimensions are completely wrong. I'll pass.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I can fully understand why someone would be interested in this if they did not already have one of the better made helmets. I would be in the same boat if I didn't already have three in my collection. This particular one is just another repaint of their Rogue One helmets which are not the same design as what was used for the OT or Rey's helmet in TFA. The shape, size and dimensions are completely wrong. I'll pass.
So you’ve got ANH and ESB? Whats the third one you have? RS? Or the Wedge ESB?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah Shadow you’re comparing the $339 Anovos helmet with the EFX, which is typically $1,500-$2,000 second-hand if you can find it - completely different market!

Also not sure what you mean by 'better made', as the Anovos is made from ABS so is actually more accurate materials-wise than the EFX's fibreglass :grin:

If there are any accuracy-nuts out there then the best one is the RS Propmasters, which is the only helmet I’ve seen that has the right lines, Mohawk curvature etc. and is circa $500-$600. If price is an issue then go for the Anovos.

Cheers

Jez

Reaction score
Yeah Shadow you’re comparing the $339 Anovos helmet with the EFX, which is typically $1,500-$2,000 second-hand if you can find it - completely different market!

Also not sure what you mean by 'better made', as the Anovos is made from ABS so is actually more accurate materials-wise than the EFX's fibreglass :grin:

If there are any accuracy-nuts out there then the best one is the RS Propmasters, which is the only helmet I’ve seen that has the right lines, Mohawk curvature etc. and is circa $500-$600. If price is an issue then go for the Anovos.

Cheers

Jez
I'm agreeing on the price difference for the Anovos. But the same standards should apply as for the other helmets. The Anovos is not made to the same standards as the EFX by any measure, so you do get what you pay for and it is a repaint of their Rogue One helmet, not the same helmets used in the OT films or TFA. I don't need to carry this on, I won't be getting one now that I know what it is. If someone else feels that good enough is okay, I agree with that sentiment as well, just like with my EFX Scout helmet. The retail price for the EFX LE was about $500 when I bought my two.

Reaction score
I can fully understand why someone would be interested in this if they did not already have one of the better made helmets. I would be in the same boat if I didn't already have three in my collection. This particular one is just another repaint of their Rogue One helmets which are not the same design as what was used for the OT or Rey's helmet in TFA. The shape, size and dimensions are completely wrong.

Totally agree with you Shadow, these people who buy inferior lids, are likely the same people who purchased the recent car crash of a speeder bike helm, while at the same time making out everything is just fine, just to justify their calamitous purchase. They're probable old 60+ men, with dysfunctional home lives, who take pictures of scaffolding. Just ignore them brother.

Reaction score
I can fully understand why someone would be interested in this if they did not already have one of the better made helmets. I would be in the same boat if I didn't already have three in my collection. This particular one is just another repaint of their Rogue One helmets which are not the same design as what was used for the OT or Rey's helmet in TFA. The shape, size and dimensions are completely wrong.

Totally agree with you Shadow, these people who buy inferior lids, are likely the same people who purchased the recent car crash of a speeder bike helm, while at the same time making out everything is just fine, just to justify their calamitous purchase. They're probable old 60+ men, with dysfunctional home lives, who take pictures of scaffolding. Just ignore them brother.
Shadow purchased one of those car crash of a speeder bike helmets, lol.

Reaction score
A little overboard, nay? I just got the RS Props but admit I'm not an expert on any of these things whatsoever. But the only difference I can see (without having both in front of me) is the triangular shapes at the sides of the visor on the actual movie prop are smaller, while thicker on the Anovos. Other than that (and perhaps the paintjob - every paintjob is individual) at a superficial glance I'd never know the difference. I'd just call it a nice looking X-Wing helmet. RS Props looks nice (which I've now got) and EFX looks nice. Not criticising those who want perfect movie accuracy and if that's what people want then just go for it. But if you're just looking something movie quality that just looks like it to the point where you can't tell the difference and you're happy, then buy whatever. Quality wise I can't really criticise any of them in that regard.

Heck, I'm tempted for one of those Black Series Poe helmets. Looks real enough to me.

Reaction score

Cheers

Jez[/QUOTE]

Yipppeee. Glad to read that. Looks like made the right decision to pick up the RS. Mine haven't shipped yet. Hope soon. Would love to see how different (if any) is it to my EFX Wedge

Reaction score
Are you self describing yourself? You need intervention.

Reaction score
I own two of the EFX ANH LE Lukes, and one of the EFX ESB Luke SE. I have two of the ANH, one for display and one I wear on occasion.
Wow awesome! I only have ESB which to me was always my grail item. I may try to get the Anovos Rey helmet and EFX Wedge down the line but no rush.

Reaction score
Wow awesome! I only have ESB which to me was always my grail item. I may try to get the Anovos Rey helmet and EFX Wedge down the line but no rush.
I came very close to picking up the Wedge several times, I have a couple of them put away in the old MR .45 Convention exclusive versions, so for now that fills in my display. Luke and X-Wing have always been grails for me also.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I like the looks of this helmet but I am still waiting on the Merrick to really hold one in my hands and see if it is worth getting another one. Will that Merrick ever get delivered to us? They sure take their good old time over there at Anovos.

Reaction score
I like the looks of this helmet but I am still waiting on the Merrick to really hold one in my hands and see if it is worth getting another one. Will that Merrick ever get delivered to us? They sure take their good old time over there at Anovos.
I have held the Rey Salvaged helmet in hand which shares the same mold as the Merrick. It is pretty well padded inside and the paint application is pretty good actually in hand. With the thick padding inside and all, the helmet feels more solid than i thought it would be, especially knowing it's ABS. I am also awaiting the Merrick. Hope it ships soon. Anovos does take longer than their advertised ETA. I am ok with that as long as its not ridiculously long like for couple years, I am good. A year wait to me pretty standard for say the 1:6 industry. Hot Toys delivered approx 1 year to 18 months from pre-order date

Reaction score
Some genuinely funny posts here, before we go completely off the rails on what’s supposed to be a thread about a new upcoming helmet there are some things worth remembering.

There does seem to be some people here who really want to trash the Anovos, and it is almost coming across as some kind of retaliation against the negative EFX Scout posts. Let’s not forget that the EFX debacle took four years, money upfront, and they delivered a clearly rushed product with significant inaccuracies, and many of us can’t even shut our visors!

Anovos X-Wing Helmets are pretty nice - at least if the Rey's anything to go by. But no they’re not screen accurate as they’re based off a Rogue One X-Wing helmet design, not an ANH. But for $335 they’re a very nice replica for those who can’t afford the $1500-$2000 EFX Luke’s (which is also nowhere near screen accurate btw). The only X-Wing helmet that comes close to ANH screen accuracy is the RS PropMasters.

So people know where I’m coming from, I have both the EFX ANH and ESB Luke’s, plus the Wedge. I’m not going to get the Anovos Luke as I’ve got that character covered already. However for anyone to suggest the Anovos is garbage demonstrates a really deep seated prejudice and/or a genuine lack of understanding. let’s not also forget, no ones actually seen one yet as it's only been announced this week!

My only pop at Anovos is that they should get on and deliver the Merrick and Gold Leader before maybe announcing another damn X-Wing helmet.

Cheers

Jez

Last edited:
Reaction score
The difference in tone between post #11 in this thread, and post #21 by the same individual, kinda makes me scratch my head a bit. What could have changed in a span of precisely (check the time-stamps) 24 hours, I wonder?

Perhaps someone daring to compare this to the EFX from years ago? Heaven forbid, a favorable comparison? Unspeakable!

I also seem to remember someone in the EFX Scout thread complaining, ad nauseum, about people coming in there to speak critically about a product they had no intention of buying. I wish I *cough* remembered who *cough* that individual was *cough* ... we could use him to clean up the mess being made in here. :)

Reaction score
Some genuinely funny posts here, before we go completely off the rails on what’s supposed to be a thread about a new upcoming helmet there are some things worth remembering.
I totally agree and you appear to totally agree with what I actually posted as well. The fanboys sure seem to like to stir things up though adding new meanings to our words.

This is what I actually said:
Anovos X-Wing Helmets are pretty nice - at least if the Rey's anything to go by. But no they’re not screen accurate as they’re based off a Rogue One X-Wing helmet design, not an ANH. But for $335 they’re a very nice replica for those who can’t afford the $1500-$2000 EFX Luke’s (which is also nowhere near screen accurate btw). The only X-Wing helmet that comes close to ANH screen accuracy is the RS PropMasters.
So you just confirm what I already said while displaying your own bias you are accusing others of; this helmet is a repaint of the Rogue One helmet and is not the same design, size, dimensions or shape as the OT helmets. I agree a retail price of $399 is a good price, the retail price for the EFX LE was $500 when it was produced. I understand you want to shade your statement that it is a $1500 - $2000 helmet due to its superior construction, materials and because of its limited nature it has risen in value to collectors in the near decade it has been out of release. The EFX helmet was scanned from an actual helmet from the Lucasfilm archives. Yes it is fiberglass construction, but it is close to the original in most regards and highly regarded as such.
However for anyone to suggest the Anovos is garbage demonstrates a really deep seated prejudice and/or a genuine lack of understanding. let’s not also forget, no ones actually seen one yet as it's only been announced this week!
I’m glad that is not referring to me, since those are your words calling the Anovos helmet garbage and clearly not mine. The EFX helmet is out of production and very limited in nature. The Anovos is a relative bargain by comparison and because of its unlimited production I doubt it will rise in price making it easier to find and afford going forward. I like X-Wing items, this one is just not for me.

Let’s also drop the pretense of the strawman argument that we don’t know what a repaint is. Master Replica did this for years with the many Clone Trooper helmet LE repaints. I do get around and have been photographing this same base helmet in person at various conventions for literally years. The base helmet is the same, just the paint changes. The first time I photographed it, it was a generic X-Wing helmet, then Rey’s helmet, then Merrick’s helmet and now repainted as Luke’s helmet. Everyone does repaints, no big deal either.

Now play nice out there!

Last edited:
Reaction score
The EFX helmet was scanned from an actual helmet from the Lucasfilm archives.
Out of curiosity, which one? Just wondering why an EFX would be bigger than most others if the RS Props is the most accurate in terms of construction. I would only imagine Lucasfilm would only build new helmets for the new movies like TFA and Rogue One, but the EFX predates those.

Also I've heard that Rey's helmet on screen was a repainted EFX. Can anyone confirm this is the case?

Reaction score
I totally agree and you appear to totally agree with what I actually posted as well. The fanboys sure seem to like to stir things up though adding new meanings to our words.

This is what I actually said:

So you just confirm what I already said while displaying your own bias you are accusing others of; this helmet is a repaint of the Rogue One helmet and is not the same design, size, dimensions or shape as the OT helmets. I agree a retail price of $399 is a good price, the retail price for the EFX LE was $500 when it was produced. I understand you want to shade your statement that it is a $1500 - $2000 helmet due to its superior construction, materials and because of its limited nature it has risen in value to collectors in the near decade it has been out of release. The EFX helmet was scanned from an actual helmet from the Lucasfilm archives. Yes it is fiberglass construction, but it is close to the original in most regards and highly regarded as such.
I’m glad that is not referring to me, since those are your words calling the Anovos helmet garbage and clearly not mine. The EFX helmet is out of production and very limited in nature. The Anovos is a relative bargain by comparison and because of its unlimited production I doubt it will rise in price making it easier to find and afford going forward. I like X-Wing items, this one is just not for me.

Let’s also drop the pretense of the strawman argument that we don’t know what a repaint is. Master Replica did this for years with the many Clone Trooper helmet LE repaints. I do get around and have been photographing this same base helmet in person at various conventions for literally years. The base helmet is the same, just the paint changes. The first time I photographed it, it was a generic X-Wing helmet, then Rey’s helmet, then Merrick’s helmet and now repainted as Luke’s helmet. Everyone does repaints, no big deal either.

Now play nice out there!
Shadow, I don't totally agree with what you've said. You have been aggressive and argumentative in this thread and are maybe frustrated at the negativity towards the EFX Scout (despite how warranted it is) so appear to feel the need to take pops at the Anovos X-Wing?

So I dont agree with you that "the Anovos is not made to the same (superior) standards as the EFX by any measure", nor that it is a "car crash of a X-Wing helmet". Both statements you made are fundamentally incorrect. I have both EFX and Anovos X-Wing helmets and dont know what these "same standards" you speak of are.

Both are well constructed helmets, one fiberglass and the other ABS. Both are sturdy and neither look like they've been poorly made, and though the fiberglass EFX is physically more robust - I bet the Anovos would survive a drop test better! If by "standards" you're referring to their screen accuracy then there might be an argument that the EFX Luke is slightly more accurate than the Anovos Luke, but you really shouldn't hold the EFX as some kind of beacon of screen-accuracy - Its made completely unlike the originals, from a completely different material, and has a significantly sanitised appearance to the detriment of its screen-accuracy (just look at the mohawk, the profile curvature etc.).

Like Ive said before, I really like the EFX for what it is - but please lets not pretend its some ultra accurate replica, as its clearly not. Nor is the Anovos. Neither are anyway near the pinnacle of replica props.

..and yes, price IS important when youre comparing against products that are no longer available. The EFX Luke XWing was released seven years ago - and now sells for four times the original price.

You've been quick to call others out for for trolling threads, but seem to be doing that with this one. You dont like Anovos, we get it. Move on!

Cheers

Jez

Last edited: