Anovos losing SW license????

Reaction score
They continue to send out emails that talk about their products. I got one the other day that was complete crap about the process of how 1st order armor is produced. They even have a customer blip at the bottom re-assuring us why he has chosen to trust in Anovos and despite the talk going around he ordered his armor. Most likely a fake customer! Who in their right mind would order anything at all from these crooks direct? If the want to build back trust they need to be honest and tell us why things are so messed up instead of hiding all the time and never returning emails.

Reaction score
Don't send them a dime! Look at how these items come and go from their site and now they are 40% off? Scam! They have no concern for ripping people off. Buy at your own risk.

Reaction score
I have yet to hear anything regarding my refund request from October.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I doubt very much that you will ever hear from them. I am very thankful that my credit card company took care of me. They wiped my payment to Anovos off my record and will now go after them to recover the money. They told me that they know about the company and many others are after them. I say it over and over but I don't understand how they act like nothing is going on with all the new ads they have been putting out as they continue to have zero contact with any of us. Bold criminals!

Reaction score
I doubt very much that you will ever hear from them. I am very thankful that my credit card company took care of me. They wiped my payment to Anovos off my record and will now go after them to recover the money. They told me that they know about the company and many others are after them. I say it over and over but I don't understand how they act like nothing is going on with all the new ads they have been putting out as they continue to have zero contact with any of us. Bold criminals!
Unfortunately my bank told me the transaction was beyond their protection limits. I foolishly used my debit card back in 2016.

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope someone takes this criminal ring down and you get your money back.

Reaction score
Anovos is our issue here but from what I read on other posts EFX isn't much better.

Reaction score
BBTS just listed for preorder the ROTS Clone Wars helmet. Really sad that respectable e-tailers like BBTS and Entertainment Earth are still soliciting preorders for Anovos items (and taking a down payment!) when those items are likely never to ship. I've had the Anovos Snowtrooper helmet up for preorder at EE for over a year now and don't expect that preorder to ever get fulfilled.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This feels like a pure PR stunt ahead of Celebration (especially as they have the audacity to be taking part in a collectors panel) - they are filtering the responses to the blog post so that it looks like customers are largely happy with the long waits with minor concerns about the (inexcusably dreadful) customer services issues.

As far as I can see none of the posts mention long outstanding refunds and the facts that Anovos CS just downright refuse to respond to questions and, social media wise, the blocking of comments on Facebook and Instagram (I actually think they may have stopped posting on Twitter as they have no way of hiding the negative responses)

I hope some of you will be at that collectors panel and will be able to ask them the difficult questions that they won't want to answer. (With the Disney guys there)

Reaction score
I will not believe a word that Anovos says until they open all levels of communication with us collectors. They need to be 100% transparent. All emails need to be responded to, all refunds given, all social media outlets with open communication. Until I see products delivered I do not trust them one bit.

Reaction score
I'm not interested in excuses or announcements anymore. Just ship the stuff that's been on preorder for YEARS.

Reaction score
Total fudge! A million words to tell us nothing (in the space of two blog posts, which is quite impressive)

Prop collectors understand the potential issues but this post doesn't address the real problems which are all in Anovos' control - simple communication with customers, why the customer services team are allowed to behave in the way they do (ignoring emails and cutting off communication when it suits them) and the most unforgivable of all is the problems around them delaying refunds.

All of these issues are in Anovos control

And they talk about transparency and yet are still moderating the responses on their blog and blocking anything negative on Facebook and Instagram

IMO this is all a fudge ahead of Celebration to try and head off difficult questions and to give their booth staff a narrative when dealing with any angry/disappointed customers "changes are coming"

Sadly we've heard this before. Last year they said they would stop pre-order but nothing has changed. Nothing has improved.

Deeds not words

Reaction score
I agree, Lordpercy, that the timing definitely has to do with Celebration. So many customers coming up and asking what's going on. What these posts are NOT saying is that they didn't hire the experienced professionals necessary to run the business. Making products with heavy R&D and then produced overseas is not a new concept. Find some qualified people that have worked for one of the large toy companies, like Mattel or Hasbro, or even the auto industry, and also put an employee in China that speaks Chinese, knows manufacturing and understands the Chinese culture. Better communication with your outsourced manufacturing would reduce these huge costs of redoing things several times to get the quality there. I get that Anovos owners started out as fans, but they should have known their limits and surrounded themselves with experience. It seems they are now late to solving the problem and are reacting instead of being proactive. Hopefully they will get ahead of this before their customers lose all faith in Anovos. If that happens, all the right decisions won't save them. Public perception is everything.

Reaction score
I don't buy one word of their crap! Address the refunds!! Leave all comments up for all to see! Answer all emails! They are running scared now because of having a booth at celebration.

Reaction score
Bet if there was no Celebration, this circus show of a company will continue ignoring emails and taking preorder money

Reaction score
I find hardly any substance in this message at all. I have no real interest in them being fans or their passion; once you make something a business that's exactly what it becomes and as a business I think they're a dismal failure. I went with them because of their access an no other reason. I always find the narrative of blaming the Chinese a bit tiresome and low rent.

Reaction score
Man Anovos just hitting them out the park..... YIKES!!!!

For me this just removes any and all thoughts of preordering from them ever.

[h=1]The Refund Issue[/h]This update reflects changes that pertain to orders placed on and after April 11, 2019.
To our customers,
To begin, we are going back in time to explain how a well-intended policy eventually led to a growing problem for both ANOVOS and customers alike. Specifically, how our Golden Rule policy concerning refunds prior to shipping ended up negatively affecting production cycles and fellow customers.
Our forementioned Golden Rule policy stated that so long as a pre-order product had not shipped, ANOVOS would provide a refund to any customer that requests it—no questions asked. While this policy is not standard in our industry, it was a way to make customers feel comfortable about their pre-order. The issue we experienced was not in its intent, so much as in its application.
For example, when a product had production issues and became delayed (as discussed in our earlier letter), we would push out the delivery date. This change caused some customers to cancel their orders, and in some ways, resulted in a buying habit of waiting until an item was in-stock prior to making a purchase. However, this “wait and see” behavior frequently backfired on the customer since the majority of our items are produced to meet a minimum order quantity, leaving little—if any—inventory available after pre-orders were fulfilled.
As an unintended consequence, cancelations of pre-orders caused a gradual shrinkage of overall production budget. Fewer pre-orders led to a number of issues including an increase in raw goods pricing, increase in per unit cost, a deprioritization of product (moving items to the back of manufacturing queue) and—in some extreme cases—the cancellation of items that no longer met the factory’s minimums. This not only elongated the manufacturing time for one project, but also other projects, causing a more systemic issue.
After careful study and consideration, the only conclusion is that the funds secured via pre-orders need to be locked in order to ensure a product is financed through production and delivery. The only path forward is one where all sales are final effective April 11, 2019. We will continue to honor any existing refund requests made prior to this policy change as business permits, and will still consider future refunds for customers after a product is in-stock and ready to ship, but only on a case-by-case review.
Many of you have been customers of ANOVOS for years, and we are thankful to our community for your loyalty and support. This decision was not made lightly, and is necessary to ensure all products are produced and delivered in a timely manner. Thank you for your understanding and continued support.
Joe Salcedo, CEO ANOVOS Productions LLC
Dana Gasser, COO ANOVOS Productions LLC

Reaction score
Well I canceled my pre order and filed a dispute with the bank moments ago. Its a trust issue.. Bluntly that's broken at the moment

Reaction score
Well I canceled my pre order and filed a dispute with the bank moments ago. Its a trust issue.. Bluntly that's broken at the moment
From the wording in their update it sounds like only refund requests made before today will continue to be honored "as business permits". You'll most likely have to have your bank's support. But good luck regardless!

Anovos Update said:
all sales are final effective April 11, 2019. We will continue to honor any existing refund requests made prior to this policy change as business permits

Reaction score
Just got a reply on a refund I've opened since last November (and have been nagging them about). Now they're using their new refund policy as an excuse for not knowing how long existing refunds are going to take. See below.

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for reaching out to us about your refund request.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Due to the change in our Terms of Service we are now continuing to honor [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]any existing refund requests made prior to that change as business permits.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I unfortunately do not have an estimate for how long it will take as this is[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]new procedure. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Here is our recent blog post about our refunds if you did not receive it:[/FONT]
https://www.anovos.com/blogs/news/the-refund-issue#comments

[FONT=&quot]I am sorry about the delay on this and hopefully it can be resolved soon.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sincerely,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kiley[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ANOVOS[/FONT]

Reaction score
Good luck on those refunds guys. It might be a while. Years most likely if you even get them. My credit card company rescued me and are now going after Anovos.

Reaction score
Good luck on those refunds guys. It might be a while. Years most likely if you even get them. My credit card company rescued me and are now going after Anovos.
Ill add to that, just to remind EVERYONE who might STILL be tempted to order from Anovos.. that YOU MUST order by a CREDIT CARD (and not, say, a DEBIT CARD, etc)

Despite Anovos' new REDUNDS POLICY, if they FAIL TO DELIVER *at the advertised time*, then a CREDIT-CARD company will go to bat for you, and
threaten to stop accepting credit card purchases from Anovos if they continue to act badly.

I got all THREE of my pre-orders refunded (by DISCOVER CARD) despite that I could never get a human being on the phone from Anovos.

Because I documented my repeated attempts to request a refund from Anovos, and because DISCOVER couldn't get in contact with them either,
DISCOVER ruled in my favour, and credited my card back for the $1400+ bucks...

So Scummers... Just remember... Don't buy from Anovos with anything less than a bona-fide CREDIT CARD.

-Wolf

(EDIT) Time from my first contact with DISCOVER to the time the funds were back on my card, and available to me... FOUR MONTHS.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ill add to that, just to remind EVERYONE who might STILL be tempted to order from Anovos.. that YOU MUST order by a CREDIT CARD (and not, say, a DEBIT CARD, etc)

Despite Anovos' new REDUNDS POLICY, if they FAIL TO DELIVER *at the advertised time*, then a CREDIT-CARD company will go to bat for you, and
threaten to stop accepting credit card purchases from Anovos if they continue to act badly.

I got all THREE of my pre-orders refunded (by DISCOVER CARD) despite that I could never get a human being on the phone from Anovos.

Because I documented my repeated attempts to request a refund from Anovos, and because DISCOVER couldn't get in contact with them either,
DISCOVER ruled in my favour, and credited my card back for the $1400+ bucks...

So Scummers... Just remember... Don't buy from Anovos with anything less than a bona-fide CREDIT CARD.

-Wolf
I foolishly use a debit card and my bank told me that I had passed the 180 day time frame for them to do anything about it.

I'm basically at Anovos' mercy now. Or lack there of.

Reaction score
Bank of America already has the funds held in my account. The process has started, I used a debt card as well but my preorder was in JAN 19

Last edited: