Anovos losing SW license????

Reaction score
Has anyone had any success recently with refunds? Outside of ones done with a credit card, I mean. Curious if they’re responding to anyone. I sent a cancellation request last Friday and still haven’t heard a thing.

What a sad seeming end to this story it’s turning out to be. I still am hopeful we will get a decently run company someday. I thought it might be Anovos. How wrong I was.
I put in an official cancellation request in on 21-Dec-2018 (thru their On-Line Support page), and then followed that up with an official
cancellation email on 06-Jan-2019.

Even today (25-Jan-2019) all of my pre-Orders still show as active and "unfulfilled". (19 days later)

-Wolf

Reaction score
I regret buying direct from Anovos. Should have pre-ordered through Entertainment Earth then Anovos wouldn't have my money.

Reaction score
Anyone heard anything from the stellar team at Anovos in the past week or so? They seem to be ignoring me now

It feels like the only one who actually does any work in their social media person.... (and that's mostly removing negative comments on Facebook :rolleyes: )

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just received an email that said that they have closed out my ticket as it has been handled to its conclusion at present. What does this mean? The email says nothing about getting me my refund. I will call my credit card company later today to see what they know. So frustrating!

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Rock - this company is a complete joke. The problem is that, acting as individuals, they just seem to ignore us. Annoyingly Disney/Lucasfilm seem to have little interest from what I can tell (at least the Trek fans that have contacted CBS seem to be getting more positive support)

Anovos are now just ignoring my emails - I've started the chargeback process with my credit card company now. Complete joke.

Reaction score
Hmm, closed out? Do you know when exactly you submitted the ticket? Wondering if it’s something that happens automatically after 30 days or something, if no action is taken on either side. I still haven’t heard about the refund I requested back on January 11th.

Who is the best person at Disney to email? I know there’s a few people’s names who have been floating around. It’s simply unacceptable for any company to behave this way, and I’d like to contact someone who might listen, rather than continuing to scream into the void that is apparently the points of contact we have with Anovos.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just when you think Anovos couldn't sink any lower than just 'holding' people's money...

https://twitter.com/tokyo_sexwhale/status/1089311512227995648?s=19

And Jagjaguwar I think a lot of people have been contacting chris.holm@lucasfilm.com - he's listed on Disney's site as the person to contact about if you want to license content but, as far as I've seen from a few forums, he never responds to any emails (or hasn't so far at least).

Tbh I don't think he's really the right person to deal with this but I don't know if anyone has found any better contacts?

Reaction score
Here is the latest on my hunt down of Anovos:

Got email on 1/29-Thank you for reaching out. Charlie is unavailable at this time due to illness. I have no new updates on your refund currently, but I can confirm that the refund request has been sent to our financial team for processing.

Next email- 2 days later: We wanted to let you know that we've closed out your ticket as it has been handled to it's conclusion.

WTF does this mean?! Does it mean that Charlie took my money? Or is it possibly an automated response? My credit card company said they have heard nothing from Anovos but they are building a case against them and will be looking into it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Does anyone know when the license with anovos expires? After looking through the better business bureau page on anovos, I'm pretty sure Disney does not want to be associated with a rating like that. Plus, I thought I saw a while back that Disney made them pull all their pre-orders and only offer in stock items but I may be wrong. There's so many different companies/makers that could produce the quality props/replicas in a timely manner. I just hope this all gets sorted out soon so we can actually receive what we pay for...

Reaction score
Anovos continúes to push products! I see they are now offering up the Disney duck stormtrooper helmet for a select few that dare to be foolish enough to order it. How do they have the nerve to continue to steal?

Reaction score
Anovos continúes to push products! I see they are now offering up the Disney duck stormtrooper helmet for a select few that dare to be foolish enough to order it. How do they have the nerve to continue to steal?
Yah, lately it’s been like almost once or twice a week they push products to see who they can sucker in. I saw the ad today and just laughed and shook my head.

Reaction score
As they hadn't responded to my emails, requesting an update on my cancellation/refund, I replied to one of their emails about the FO trooper kit (with a slightly sarcastic 'oooh yes I'm interested') and big surprise they replied to me within a few hours and offered to move my refund over to part pay the kit

Really poor way to deal with customer - it's like they know how bad they've been and have just given up on ever building bridges to win people back - ignore the old customer and chase new suckers instead

Would love to be at celebration (do they have the cojones to actually attend?) - I would honestly stand by their stall for a day and warn people off

Reaction score
I would be there with you giving them as much trouble that I could without being removed from the building. Cowards! Criminals!

Reaction score
As they hadn't responded to my emails, requesting an update on my cancellation/refund, I replied to one of their emails about the FO trooper kit (with a slightly sarcastic 'oooh yes I'm interested') and big surprise they replied to me within a few hours and offered to move my refund over to part pay the kit
lol. That tells me everything I need to know.

Reaction score
Just saw the Fyre Festival documentary. Amazing the comparisons between promised experience and evasive emails when asking for specifics on delivery or deleting negative comments by Anovos.

Reaction score
This is starting to look like a **** show. A spin doctors opening for the Iowa Statefair **** show. GC

Reaction score
Now they are dumping the last of the TIE fighter pilot helmets from TFA. It is only a matter of time before they take the money and run. I have sent another email to them demanding my money back but of course no reply!

Reaction score
You should email them and tell them you're interested in the TIE helmet - I bet you'll get a reply then!

Seriously sick of Anovos - at this point, if they offered me the TIE helmet in place of my Merrick bucket, I'd take it so that at least I got something for my money. Not feeling confident I'll ever get my money back from this dodgy company

Reaction score
Good idea! I never thought of that. The only problem may be the many emails that I sent prior to this calling them cowards and criminals!

Reaction score
So...here is the thing. These guys--when they do produce something decent, have a monopoly on the licensing, are/were once fans themselves, probably are decent guys at heart...but clearly absolutely are among the worst when it comes to costumer service, and/or have people on staff that are willfully ignoring costumers and clearly are not acting on refunds promptly, evasive, no transparent policy etc. etc. For the sheer audacity to treat their own customers this way, they deserve to have their lisences pulled. They probably are reading these forums to get a heads up. But the one thing they could not stop is mass complaints to the license holders (CBS, Disney etc). The only (or one way) way, short of knowing who to contact, is to associate those bigger brands with a company that has shady business practices. How to do that? Document those practices (essentially this thread) and basically say Disney and CBS, who vetted Anovos, do not care about the fans experience. That can be done via an article, stand alone wesbite associating the brands names, stand alone twitter account...something that catches the eye of the parent corporation. Someone on this thread might have the time to do that, and if so, I am sure everyone here would support it. We are just trying to get Anovos to behave like they care, not like they are a pyramid scheme.

Reaction score
Here they go again! Anovos is once again offering those of us that weren't suckers the 1st time around a second chance at the Sandtrooper helmet. What nerve! It wasn't produced for us the 1st time and now they want more free money! Criminals!

Reaction score
Here they go again! Anovos is once again offering those of us that weren't suckers the 1st time around a second chance at the Sandtrooper helmet. What nerve! It wasn't produced for us the 1st time and now they want more free money! Criminals!
Wow! It’s so annoying how they are doing business. And frustrating in hopes, if ever, we will see our stuff since it appears they are not refunding anymore. Sucks getting ripped off.

Reaction score
So sad to see them going down hill.
I have multiple of their helmets, and love them.
They did take a lot of time to fill, though I got them all, but one that was canceled.
Customer support was great to deal with over the cancelation. That was 2017, I think.
I have only got one helmet since the, early 2018.

Reaction score
My credit card company came through for me! They took off the charge so I do not have to pay Anovos! They will now be going after them. I sure hope everyone that reads this takes the time to do the same thing I did. Don't give up if these criminals have taken your money as well. They have unbelievable nerve to continue to offer items and take people's money that they will never deliver on! Keep the pressure on these crooks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Good deal they were able to recover your money.
If Anovos goes under(bankruptcy), I wonder if that is game over for recovery of funds.

Reaction score
My credit card company came through for me! They took off the charge so I do not have to pay Anovos! They will now be going after them. I sure hope everyone that reads this takes the time to do the same thing I did. Don't give up if these criminals have taken your money as well. They have unbelievable nerve to continue to offer items and take people's money that they will never deliver on! Keep the pressure on these crooks!
How long did it take your credit card company ? I have my bank working on the disput but they said it could take up to 120 days.

Reaction score
This is one bold group of criminals! Anovos must think that they are above the law. They made such nice collectibles but for whatever reason they have turned to a life of ripping people off. Our system here in the US is not good at all with hunting these clowns down. Anovos must know this so they have no fear of getting caught. If they stole your money do not let up on pressuring them from every angle possible. They need to be held accountable.

Reaction score
Anyone heard any news on the General Merrick helmet - its 'delivery estimate' starts later this month?

...or more likely will it be another case of Anovos waiting for the slot to expire before issuing a new one ending October?

Cheers

Jez

Reaction score
Anyone heard any news on the General Merrick helmet - its 'delivery estimate' starts later this month?

...or more likely will it be another case of Anovos waiting for the slot to expire before issuing a new one ending October?

Cheers

Jez
Still nothing i am bloody pisseddd!! That helmet is delayed for so long. Announced shortly after Rogue One and now we still don't have it!

Reaction score
Still nothing i am bloody pisseddd!! That helmet is delayed for so long. Announced shortly after Rogue One and now we still don't have it!
Me too. Given we’re apparently so close to its release and still nothing it sounds like we were right and the delivery estimate schedule is just a lie - the Anovos way to continually delay pre-paid releases for years...

such a shame that Anovos has ended up as *****ty as EFX