Anovos losing SW license????

Reaction score
I got an email from them after I sent one with my concerns about how long all of this is taking to get a product from them and they said that they have been hearing the rumors as well as the rest of us about them going under. They gave me the option of canceling my order or using the money towards a product that they currently have. Maybe this is a good thing? I may give it a few months into the new year and then see what happens. I will for sure never order direct from them again.

Reaction score
Interesting. They said they’ve heard the rumors that they’re going out of business? Did the email say anything to dispel that notion?

Reaction score
They are now ghosting me. I haven’t tried the nuclear option email yet but tried to use the regular email I had been using and the online chat—they never picked up the chat (this never happened before ), and won’t answer my emails (despite saying they will elevate my issue to a supervisor), and I always keep it polite. My real concern, like others, is...are they a pyramid scheme? Where each preorder funds a part of their operation that might be going bad or take priority versus actually following through on the preorders they are supposed to ?!

Reaction score
The email said that they were aware of the rumors and assured me that products would come to light and I had the choice to cancel and get a refund or use my money towards an in house item. I am really nervous about them. I think I am going to jump ship. What other company can jerk us around like this using our money to do who knows what with.

Reaction score
This is really worrying indeed. And them taking so slow is only causing the community getting suspicious. I am now considering the refund option as well.

Reaction score
Their assurances that their products will “come to light” would ring truer if they didn’t routinely say that those same products were “on schedule for delivery” on time, right up until the day they aren’t.

I’ve no idea one way or the other but none of this inspires confidence.

Reaction score
Just cancelled my Sandtrooper helmet. Got a reply right away saying it could take 8-12 weeks. I don't understand why this has to take so long?

Dax

Reaction score
There is no legitimate reason why processing a refund would take 8-12 weeks. At worst I would suggest 4 weeks would be incredibly generous and only on the basis that this is a small company and they may need to manually locate documentation that is now quite old (although, it is old due to their efforts, not the customer's). 8-12 weeks is a stalling device used to stave off cash flow problems.

Personally I'd write back to them and state that a 4 week time frame would be more reasonable for a modern business unless they can provide reasonable justification for the extended delay.

Then, after 4 weeks I'd file a complaint with these guys: https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

You can join the 92 other officially lodged complaints against this business: https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I will for sure be keeping the pressure on them. I will file that complaint.

Reaction score
Suggesting it could take 2-3 months to refund an unfulfilled order is boarding on criminal imo

When licensed companies are conducting themselves like the shadiest sellers we had to put up with years ago - you know something's desperately wrong!

Cheers

Jez

Reaction score
I had the same issue back in April and got fed up waiting for my refund so contacted Stacy at Disney who said “I will escalate to Anovos and state that 14 days is beyond a reasonable time.”

As soon as Stacy escalated I got my refund the next day. It really shouldn’t be any more than a week to process your refund so 8-12 weeks is shocking!

Just cancelled my Sandtrooper helmet. Got a reply right away saying it could take 8-12 weeks. I don't understand why this has to take so long?

Reaction score
I'm glad I never preordered anything directly through them, but I've had their Stormtrooper and Snowtrooper helmets on preorder through Entertainment Earth for 8 months now. I'll be surprised if those 2 items ever come in stock and ship.

I swear, for one of the biggest merchandising brands in the world, why can't we get a decent upstanding company that can handle the supply/demand of authentic Star Wars prop replicas? Instead we have to settle for two extremely shady companies like eFX and Anovos, who both really should just lose their licenses at this point after ridiculously long delayed products or items that may never get produced at all (despite years-long preorders funding them). :(

I wish Disney would take a more active role in pressuring these companies to get their act together. It seems all they care about is just collecting their licensing fees whenever they are due.

Last edited:
Reaction score
OK, good idea to pressure the corporates. Does anyone have any idea who at CBS to pressure on the Star Trek Anovos stuff?

Reaction score
The countdown is on! About 24 hours until the great "about your pre-order..." email flood from Anovos

Reaction score
Why would anyone take the chance of ordering the Luke x-wing helmet? They must need more up front money once again. Very risky ordering anything at all from them that is not able to ship right away.

Reaction score
They need the money. They just sent out an email for pre-order items once again. Complete crap in my opinion. The word PRE-ORDER = RISK when dealing with Anovos!

Reaction score
I just don’t understand how you can have people making and selling quality “prop replicas” for reasonable prices on Etsy and other sites when the majority of them make them out of their garage but EFX and Anovos cannot get anything done and when they do their prices are out of this world! I pre ordered the Anovos Luke Helmet from Secret Compass and that will be the last licensed replica I will get it will be all fan made from now on.

Reaction score
I just don’t understand how you can have people making and selling quality “prop replicas” for reasonable prices on Etsy and other sites when the majority of them make them out of their garage but EFX and Anovos cannot get anything done and when they do their prices are out of this world! I pre ordered the Anovos Luke Helmet from Secret Compass and that will be the last licensed replica I will get it will be all fan made from now on.
You should try to get a fan made Luke X-Wing helmet. That Anovos one is a way overpriced plastic turd.

Reaction score
Exactly true - I ordered and received my RS Luke X-Wing Helmet in about a month and it's superb.

I don't know about you all but I'm firing off my "oh ffs" email to Anovos now before everyone piles in later today when the inevitable bad news emails start coming out :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Craaap Sandwich !

I got the email saying Luke was up for 2nd Chance, and immediatly clicked thru to buy it. ( I missed it last spring)

Now I come here to crow about it (with a Kit-Fisto smile), and I see this thread at the top of the forum. (now with a Palpy 'blue lightning' grimace)

Am I skrude? Or can I get a refund if its less than 24 hours since I placed the pre-order?

I will surely call them when they open today. I'll report back what I hear.

- Worried_Wolf

Reaction score
Is anybody getting refunds from anovos?
Although small.. I just got another $2.65 refund..
This the 4 refund.. Overall I have gotten $9 back..
Just wondering...

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is the definitive X-Wing helmet to purchase while it is available.
Err, no. The EFX is a nice, though heavily idealised version of the Luke X-Wing helmet, but very inaccurate

For anyone looking for X-Wing helmets, then RS PropMasters leads the pack.

Cheers

Jez

Reaction score
Err, no. The EFX is a nice, though heavily idealised version of the Luke X-Wing helmet, but very inaccurate

Cheers

Jez
Yep, RS>efx in almost every regard; shape, size, material used, paint job. Not to say efx is bad. Still a really nice helmet. But not as accurate as RS.

Reaction score

Cheers

Jez
Jez, I always wondered. I have the eFX Wedge ,(which shares the same mold as the Luke) and I have the RS Propmasters Red 5. Comparing side by side, the RS is noticeably smaller than the eFX. So which is more accurate? According to RS, the eFX is 6% too big. Now, ..... eFX claims theirs is from a 3D scanned of a screen used helmet and therefore the correct size. RS claims they moulded theirs from a vintage APH helmet and used parts from their production made Tie Pilot helmet. So, which is accurate to the actual movie prop?
That being said, I do notice the mohawk on the eFX is most definately flawed and the paint apps is pretty badly done.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Jez, I always wondered. I have the eFX Wedge ,(which shares the same mold as the Luke) and I have the RS Propmasters Red 5. Comparing side by side, the RS is noticeably smaller than the eFX. So which is more accurate? According to RS, the eFX is 6% too big. Now, ..... eFX claims theirs is from a 3D scanned of a screen used helmet and therefore the correct size. RS claims they moulded theirs from a vintage APH helmet and used parts from their production made Tie Pilot helmet. So, which is accurate to the actual movie prop?
That being said, I do notice the mohawk on the eFX is most definitely flawed and the paint apps is pretty badly done.
IMO the RS is a hell of a lot more accurate than the EFX - even ignoring the paint/weathering debate. Over the years I've had access to a number of screen-used helmets - including X-Wings - so have been able to take detailed measurements, photo's etc. etc. Hence when I compare the EFX against these - it reveals a number of major issues, which the RS does not.

From a screen-accuracy perspective the main issues are its size (most obvious when you look at the dimensions of the mohawk), the shape of the curve when viewed side-on (the "curve of the originals has a pronounced straight section missing on the EFX), plus its cleaned up quite a lot so is missing some normally very noticeable dents etc. Given the EFX was made from fiberglass (originals were ABS) there's clearly been a number of design compromises - which are probably unavoidable.

But that's not to say the EFX is a poor helmet - far from it. I have all 3 of them and think they're superb, albeit a more "idealised" version of X-Wing helmets.

Cheers

Jez

Reaction score
IMO the RS is a hell of a lot more accurate than the EFX - even ignoring the paint/weathering debate. Over the years I've had access to a number of screen-used helmets - including X-Wings - so have been able to take detailed measurements, photo's etc. etc. Hence when I compare the EFX against these - it reveals a number of major issues, which the RS does not.

From a screen-accuracy perspective the main issues are its size (most obvious when you look at the dimensions of the mohawk), the shape of the curve when viewed side-on (the "curve of the originals has a pronounced straight section missing on the EFX), plus its cleaned up quite a lot so is missing some normally very noticeable dents etc. Given the EFX was made from fiberglass (originals were ABS) there's clearly been a number of design compromises - which are probably unavoidable.

But that's not to say the EFX is a poor helmet - far from it. I have all 3 of them and think they're superb, albeit a more "idealised" version of X-Wing helmets.

Cheers

Jez
Ah thanks for the reply. Always great to get an expert view on these things. I really like the overall shape of my RS Red 5. I am now considering to get the Biggs. My last acquisition from them was their Snowtrooper lid. Which has the molds pulled from a production-made helmet they won in an auction for 30K pounds from what I read. Incredible lineage and accuracy on that.

Reaction score
I guess no one has heard anything from Anovos yet?

It's interesting that a number of pre-order have suddenly been reopened with expected shipping in the next quarter - do we really believe that they will be fulfilled or is this another set of orders to add to the 'unfulfilled' pile (and I won't suggest it's anything more sinister....)

Right now, I wouldn't give Anovos another single penny.

Actually have we ever done a straw poll and worked out what everyone is waiting for and for how long?

I'm waiting on a General Merrick helmet. Ordered Jan 3rd 18 although, as of now, pre-orders opened 17 months ago

Reaction score
I just cancelled my Sand trooper helmet but they claim it will take 8-12 weeks to get my refund. No reason it should take so long!

Reaction score
Is there a phone number that Anovos can be reached at? I can't find one and email message returns from them are not reliable. They are a very secretive company. Difficult to trust them.

Reaction score
therpf.com

RPF = Replica Prop Forum. Great resource for model builders and cosplayers.