Anovos losing SW license????

Reaction score
Why does it take so long for them to ship “in stock” items? I ordered an armor kit during their sale early last week and it still hasn’t shipped.
Same reason they now charge a “handling fee”

Reaction score
Why does it take so long for them to ship “in stock” items? I ordered an armor kit during their sale early last week and it still hasn’t shipped.
I had the same problem with two in stock Star Trek TOS uniforms. Five weeks after the sale and they had still not shipped. I got into the online chat with them on their site and opened a customer service ticket. They admitted the mistake in delaying my order. It then went out next business day. You should try that.

Reaction score
My Anovos kit finally arrived. It had minimal packaging, but surprisingly made it in one piece. I’m happy with it, but still wonder what the “handling fee” actually covers and why it takes so long for them to ship.

Reaction score
My Anovos kit finally arrived. It had minimal packaging, but surprisingly made it in one piece. I’m happy with it, but still wonder what the “handling fee” actually covers and why it takes so long for them to ship.
Several times I've had items of theirs in "my cart" and was ready to buy but didn't pull the trigger simply because of those additional fees...

Reaction score
It would probably be too honest to advertise the true price of the items, and leave off the added up charges "for handling".

Reaction score
In my opinion the handling fee is just a way for Anovos to gouge you a bit before purchasing. I also like how they raise the prices during their sales.
I don't understand why anyone is keeping their pre-orders with this company after years of waiting. If Anovos can't ship something after 2+ years, it's not showing up. Not to mention it's shady how they haven't released anything in sometime or items just disappear never seeing a wide release.

Reaction score
Left a message over a month ago for a refund and no response.
You're not alone, a lot of people have complained that Anovos refuses to refund and it takes constant harassment to get action from them.
I have officially requested a refund for my Han Solo TFA jacket that I pre ordered back in March 2017. I will update this thread as to how long it takes.

Reaction score
I have officially requested a refund for my Han Solo TFA jacket that I pre ordered back in March 2017. I will update this thread as to how long it takes.
Ive sent them a new request for a refund. They gave me the same response saying the financial team will get back to me. We’ll see.

Reaction score
Ive sent them a new request for a refund. They gave me the same response saying the financial team will get back to me. We’ll see.
I've never had bad service from them. This was however my only pre-order item. If it takes too long I will contact my bank.

Reaction score
I bought on anovos website some product « in stock » 3 months ago and they never shipped them... I have sent many emails and also asked for a refund but they just don’t care.....ANOVOS= TERRIBLE SERVICE.... they are not serious at all...I will never buy again from them...so in stock = they are just ok to take your money and don’t Ship....I even don’t know If I will receive the parts ordered one day or If I will have my money back....

Reaction score
I bought on anovos website some product « in stock » 3 months ago and they never shipped them... I have sent many emails and also asked for a refund but they just don’t care.....ANOVOS= TERRIBLE SERVICE.... they are not serious at all...I will never buy again from them...so in stock = they are just ok to take your money and don’t Ship....I even don’t know If I will receive the parts ordered one day or If I will have my money back....
Thats pretty awful customer 'service'. "In stock" should really mean in-stock. How on earth they’re capable of confusing that is just bizarre.

My last four replica purchases were from two licensed (EFX and Anovos) and two fan-made (RS PropMasters and Clothears). The fan-made suppliers outperformed the licensed IN EVERY SINGLE WAY POSSIBLE.

Cheers

Jez

Reaction score
The Star Wars licensing fee seems to have a negative impact on the business :hmm:.

Reaction score

That's not good at all. The fact they now email me every day with offers of ever increasing discount rates tends to suggest a serious cash flow problem. I'm seeing reports of people offering Anovos stock they state they have bought direct from distributors Anovos had been dealing with who are looking to recoup on unpaid items. Looks like my Jetpack money may be lost. Oh well, it's only money.

Reaction score
I was almost tempted with one of their many sales but I’m reading more and more of ‘in stock’ items simply not being shipped.
It’s the saddest state of affairs, unable to trust two of the biggest license holders to deliver what you paid for :(

Reaction score
I knew when I ordered that there was a good chance I'd lose my money so I'm not feeling too bad about it. I did all the heartache when I clicked the payment button and that was a while back.

Reaction score
It's almost never a good idea to entrust your money to these fly by night companies, no matter how solid their track record may seem at first. Buy from trusted retailers like BBTS, EE, etc. On the larger picture, yeah, sadly it seems that SW is more toxic than ever before.

Reaction score
Ben (ANOVOS Productions LLC)
Nov 27, 3:59 PM PST
Hello and thank you for being part of the ANOVOS family!

I noticed that you were interested in the STAR WARS ™: THE LAST JEDI First Order Stormtrooper Executioner Helmet from our catalog and I am now excited to say that we currently have a reservation available. In anticipation of your order, I have secured your slot for the next 48 hours!

To finalize your order, all you need to do is respond to this email and we will send you a personalized invoice, which can either be paid in full or in installments as part of our customizable payment plan.

Ben
ANOVOS
Received this by email this morning - anyone else got something similar ?

Reaction score
This company needs to grow a set and give all of us an honest explanation as to why they take so long to make this stuff. To order from them is a big risk in my opinion. I won't do it again.

Reaction score
This company needs to grow a set and give all of us an honest explanation as to why they take so long to make this stuff. To order from them is a big risk in my opinion. I won't do it again.
This.

The disappointing thing is that things seem to be getting worse, not better.

Cheers

Jez

Reaction score
Received this by email this morning - anyone else got something similar ?
Is this e-mail serious? "In anticipation of your order"

So you haven't pre-ordered this item from them and now they're looking at your search history and sending these type of e-mails?

Reaction score
My Han Solo TFA jacket pre-order will be two years old in April. Any ideas on what to get it for its upcoming birthday?

Reaction score
My Han Solo TFA jacket pre-order will be two years old in April. Any ideas on what to get it for its upcoming birthday?
Its been over a month since I asked for a refund. No response. I will be taking the issue up with my bank next week as I just started a new job and haven’t had the time.

Reaction score
Its been over a month since I asked for a refund. No response. I will be taking the issue up with my bank next week as I just started a new job and haven’t had the time.
yes, same here. But Its been like 2 months with several emails. Guessing their playing the ignoring you and hope you will disappear game. Very disappointing and frustrating.

Reaction score
Things seems to be getting worst with Anovos. They are bad. Then they became good to decent. Now they seem to be bad again. Still waiting on couple helmets that was pre-ordered

Reaction score
Really ridiculous. Can’t imagine this is going to be sustainable, treating customers like this.

Since a few people have mentioned waiting months for a refund, I have something of a “nuclear option,” an email address that seems to get issues resolved, anyone can pm me for it if you’d like. I’d prefer not to post it publicly here (even though it was posted publicly on a forum a long time ago), as I feel like it might cease to work as a last resort if everybody started using it.

edit: I should say, it’s been helpful for getting refunds processed quicker. I don’t think anything will help get our stuff faster :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Really ridiculous. Can’t imagine this is going to be sustainable, treating customers like this.:rolleyes:
05/2017: Purchased and pre-paid Marvel GOTG Star Lord scale replica helmet $85 total.
06/2018: Notified via email that Anovos had decided not to produce the helmet and my refund would be forthcoming.
08/2018: Receive email that Anovos was issuing my full refund for purchase within 2 to 4 business days. (they did say days, not months.)
11/2018: Refund, (that I had given up on), showed up in my account.

If you have a prepaid order with this company be afraid, be very afraid.

Reaction score
Ugh, yep, 5 months is really an inexcusable length of time for any business.

Was Master Replicas like this in their day? Or Icons? How did we get to this point?

Reaction score

Was Master Replicas like this in their day? Or Icons? How did we get to this point?
Icons was just before my time so no experience with them. Was heavily involved with MR beginning to end and their customer experience was legendary good.

Reaction score

Icons before my interest too. This old thread covers some ground

https://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=965704

MR were good until Corgi really took hold. For me things started to slide when fever was at the ROTS high with open ended editions and deciding to make umpteen different versions of the same Clonetrooper helmet. There are over 10000 of those things out there.

The last few efforts were still some of their best but I think their golden years were when they did the old style packaging with the presentation cases.

Reaction score
Their website is like a junkyard of great stuff they “used” to offer. I have an OT TK from them and as s member of the 501st I’ve trooped with it many times. I was quite happy with it, along with other purchases I’ve made from the so last years Force Friday I preordered the TLJ FO Stormtrooper helmet. The first time around, the TFA helmet was a preorder on Force Friday and delivered by Christmas, so I figured this would also be the case. Wrong. I got sick of waiting, so I decided I’d just cancel it and jump in on the FO TK kit which at that time was an open preorder. I had them just give me a gift card code since I didn’t have the weeks/months to wait for the refund so I could preorder. They gave me the code, and life happened for a few days before I got back on the site to do the preorder, just to find the preorders closed.

Here I am, sitting with this gift card now. Can’t get what I want, and anything they have in stock frankly sucks and I wouldn’t want it any way.

I’m going to Celebration in the spring so I figure if they’re there I’ll take something from the booth shipping/handling free. I left a comment on their FB asking if they’ll be there and they said what amounted to “we’ll see!”.

I also see that even though they haven’t delivered any TLJ TK Helmer’s they managed to hack all their prices, and even the OT TK helmet too. Do these guys actually want to be in business? They don’t seem to be trying too hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well it's just 2 weeks today until the next quarter ends and and all those helmets that were definitely on course for the fall quarter miss their dates (again)

Should we start a count down? Open a book? Place your bets ladies and gentlemen. Guess the date that you get your "Regarding your pre-order....." email and win a (no) prize

Reaction score
The Blue Leader helmet is the only Anovos order I have left. I ordered it in July 2017, and it had an expected release of Summer 2017. Then delayed to Fall 2017, then Winter 2017, then Spring 2018, and finally to Fall 2018 (which ends 12/21.)

I will be cancelling if the helmet does not ship this month.

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

first post! This Anovos thread convinced me to join as I am also having myriad troubles with them fulfilling my order. Does anyone actually know where they are physically based out of ? They have an LA address but a Florida telephone number (that is a voice box really), the LA address looks like it is linked to a UPS store. Do they actually have a real location they work out of ?

thanks

Reaction score
I believe they’re actually based in Wisconsin. Not sure where I read that though.

edit: did some looking, lots of news articles mentioning Kenosha, WI. So between Milwaukee and Chicago.

Last edited: