Anovos losing SW license????

Reaction score
Saw this posted over at the RPF before it was deleted by Art.
"So, rumors from a senior member of the costume props department say that Anovos is waaaay behind on license payments for Episode 7 and 8. They have also had the provisional Episode 9 license revoked and are basically losing the license for Star Wars at the end of 2019. I'm must curious if this is truth and if someone will fess up to it. If this is truth, how will they meet the outstanding orders that are still in the hopper by end of 2019?"

If true, those of you with pre-orders may want to get your refunds now in case another Icons situation occurs.

Reaction score
I hope not. I would not be surprised though. I am waiting on Merrick and Sandtrooper.

Reaction score
No. Anovos has quashed that rumor today.

These are the same people who always complain about Anovos.

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw it on facebook. Anovos squashed the rumors. They said their licensing is very much secured and no issues.

Reaction score
Thank the Power of the Force that its just some rumor. Cause I too have 3 items, Merrick, Lobster Guard and Rey's staff on preorder. I will be pissed if they lose the license suddenly. LOL

Reaction score
Thank the Power of the Force that its just some rumor. Cause I too have 3 items, Merrick, Lobster Guard and Rey's staff on preorder. I will be pissed if they lose the license suddenly. LOL
No problem, just a rumor, keep your pre-orders limited that might extend past 2019. ;)

Reaction score
Hopefully they will be fine. If eFX can last this long with Disney despite all the complains and horrible delivery, Anovos should do just fine I guess. :grin:

Reaction score
I’m not suggesting there’s any truth in these rumours but would you expect Anovos to do anything other than deny them?

Reaction score
Of course Anovos was going to deny them.

The rumors started over at the RPF by the same people who continue to complain. Even their rumor made no sense.

Reaction score
Ok, maybe Anovos is not going under but what in the world is wrong with them?! Terrible customer service in terms of shipping this stuff out to us. The company of broken promises and lame excuses! I am planning to cancel my orders soon.

Reaction score
I personally have 3 Anovos helmets. I got them within a year of preorder and sometimes within a month. They also replaced a helmet that was damaged.

My rule of thumb now is not to preorder unless I'm comfortable with no time frame or wait until item is in stock.

Reaction score
I’m not suggesting there’s any truth in these rumours but would you expect Anovos to do anything other than deny them?
That was my thought to the comment as well. As if Anovos would say anything but. I have a few of their items, not bad but they really need to get their act together.
RS props is killing it in the SW prop market and getting items out that not only look great but have screen linage.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That was my thought to the comment as well. As if Anovos would say anything but. I have a few of their items, not bad but they really need to get their act together.
RS props is killing it in the SW prop market and getting items out that not only look great but have screen linage.
And at record time as well. We get our stuff within 3-5 weeks upon pre-order.

Reaction score
But RS don’t have to submit samples to LFL for approval. Pretty much once they’re satisfied with their product they go into production. Much easier process when the Mouse isn’t involved. I say it’s a matter of time before a C&D letter comes out. Hope not though.

Reaction score
But RS don’t have to submit samples to LFL for approval. Pretty much once they’re satisfied with their product they go into production. Much easier process when the Mouse isn’t involved. I say it’s a matter of time before a C&D letter comes out. Hope not though.
Agreed, you can’t compare licensed to non-licensed, they have completely different business models (and would also reiterate that RS makes THE best replicas imho.

Also, the point about Anovos denying the claim "what else are they going to do" is dumb. I haven’t seen any evidence to suggest this is likely - and the reliance is on proving the claim, not refuting it!

Cheers

Jez

Reaction score
I still have their Snowtrooper and Stormtrooper helmets on order thru EE. Hopefully I get both.

Reaction score
How many of you have actually worked with Disney and LFL for approvals? My guess is not many if anyone; this myth keeps rearing it's ugly head. I've worked with both Disney and LFL and can tell you that's not the case at all. Both want to get items out and push manufacturers to get stuff to market faster. Anovos is using the myth to hide their own failures.

Reaction score
Good call. I agree with you on the garbage cover-up excuses used by Anovos. They just have a lousy system of making these items and getting them out.

Reaction score
Good call. I agree with you on the garbage cover-up excuses used by Anovos. They just have a lousy system of making these items and getting them out.
I have ordered direct, and they just canceled my last pre-order after a year of waiting because they said not enough sales interest to go forward with the project.

Reaction score
Anovos actually has products in stock and slowly turns stuff out and you're worried about their license?!

Meanwhile over at eFx they've gotten maybe 4 things released in the last 4 years?!

Ha!

Reaction score
Anovos actually has products in stock and slowly turns stuff out and you're worried about their license?!

Meanwhile over at eFx they've gotten maybe 4 things released in the last 4 years?!

Ha!
Exactly. Anovos are decent to terrible. But I do have like a total of 9 of their awesome premier line helmets in 3-4 years. If eFX can still keep their license with their atrocious delivery and customer service, Anovos should be just fine. As long as the House of the Mouse gets paid I guess. lol

Reaction score
Exactly. I'm in no way letting Anovos off the hook, they've screwed over collectors waiting 3+ years BUT and a BIG but... their helmets are amazing. My Kylo Ren and Darth Vader fiberglass helmets are incredible. My stormtrooper is really nice for not being fiberglass too and I'm going to upgrade to their fiberglass RO edition when its available.

Reaction score

Ha!
The concern raised on the RPF concerning the license didn't have to do with delivery. It had to do with PAYING for the license. Big difference.

Reaction score
The concern raised on the RPF concerning the license didn't have to do with delivery. It had to do with PAYING for the license. Big difference.
Which I understand. I also understand that 1) their source of the rumor would never have access to said information and 2) People who are actually in that position publicly and privately have said this rumor is false.

Reaction score
Which I understand. I also understand that 1) their source of the rumor would never have access to said information and 2) People who are actually in that position publicly and privately have said this rumor is false.
Of course Anovos would deny it. You also don't know who had access as it was never mentioned on the RPF.

Everyone will just have to see what happens, but it's not as if Anovos has been stellar in their reputation to ship product or give refunds in a timely manner. It wouldn't surprise me if they weren't paying their bills behind the scenes.

Reaction score
Best option is to order from a 3rd party. BBTS, EE, etc. Or even ebay.

I received an email about delays again. Bummer. But at least they do give us an update I guess. So far, despite their delays (I order their Premier helmets mainly), longest I waited was 2 and half years. But I did received their helmets. I am acceptable with a 1-2 year max wait (Hot Toys take approx that long as well).

I fortunately, so far have been good with their Customer Service. I received my Poe Dameron helmet 5 months ago. And it arrived cracked. I got in touch with Anovos and they told me to destroy the helmet and then proceed to send me a brand new one. Beautifully made helmet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Best option is to order from a 3rd party. BBTS, EE, etc. Or even ebay.

I received an email about delays again. Bummer. But at least they do give us an update I guess. So far, despite their delays (I order their Premier helmets mainly), longest I waited was 2 and half years. But I did received their helmets. I am acceptable with a 1-2 year max wait (Hot Toys take approx that long as well).

I fortunately, so far have been good with their Customer Service. I received my Poe Dameron helmet 5 months ago. And it arrived cracked. I got in touch with Anovos and they told me to destroy the helmet and then proceed to send me a brand new one. Beautifully made helmet.
its good that they replaced it - great customer Service

However I do agree with you, 3rd party is best - and personally I’d rather wait until it’s either in-stock or extremely close to that. I just don’t trust pre-orders from anyone any more!

Cheers

Jez

Reaction score
Yeah Jez. Best is to get from 3rd party. I will do just that should they release something I want the next time

Reaction score
30% off today on all in stock SW items. With these continuous sales with progressing higher percentage savings has me wondering. Feels like sales are slow and resorting to heavy discounts to move stock. Asked for a refund 2 weeks ago and they said they’ll get right back to me, no peep from them since. Concerning how things appear for them and would like my money back.

Reaction score
30% off today on all in stock SW items. With these continuous sales with progressing higher percentage savings has me wondering. Feels like sales are slow and resorting to heavy discounts to move stock. Asked for a refund 2 weeks ago and they said they’ll get right back to me, no peep from them since. Concerning how things appear for them and would like my money back.
I'm considering just doing a charge back through my bank. I'm tired of waiting for the Han jacket that I ordered almost two years ago.

Reaction score
Why does it take so long for them to ship “in stock” items? I ordered an armor kit during their sale early last week and it still hasn’t shipped.