Another product suggestion

Reaction score
Here's another non-Star Wars product suggestion:
Kingdom Hearts I and II Keyblade scaled replicas
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children scaled replica weapons

The recent Legend of Zelda scaled replica got me thinking of other licenses that could sell. My sister has been playing a lot of Kingdom Hearts and I thought it would be cool to be able to own some scaled replicas of some of the keyblades. Getting the okay from Disney probably wouldn't pose too much of a problem since MR already has some Disney licenses. I don't know how easy it would be to get the half of the license from Square-Enix. But it would be awesome!
And of course I would love to have a scaled version of Sephiroth's Masamune!

Reaction score
I know FF7 already has a few different companies that make figures from the series.

Reaction score
Well weapons that come with figures are plastic and only look so good... I want some nice scaled, metal representations of the FF7AC weapons.

Scaled would be good because:
1) They'd be small, unlike the weapons they'd be modeled after if they were full sized.
2) They'd be affordable. If MR made 1:1 scale weapons, not only would they be ludicrously enormous, but expensive. And a killer on shipping.
3) No problem with reissuing if demand comes back up.
4) I'm a sucker for chrome varients, and I'm sure there are other people out there that love shinies.

5) MR would be a company capable of putting out high quality scaled weapon replicas of things that don't exist physically (like how there were no clonetrooper helmets made for ROTS).
6) With the proper advertising MR could tap a rather large fanbase in the US and Japan.

Reaction score
Speaking of scaled videogame replicas, what about a Devil May Cry weapon set ?
Could come with Dante´s sword "Rebellion", his two guns "Ebony & Ivy" and maybe that guitar-scythe thing "Nevan"

I also would love to see a scaled version of the "Soulreaver" sword from the Soulreaver/Blood Omen games.

Reaction score
I think you have to look at it a little more realistically. Would they be able to make money on these?

Is there a market big enough to support these? Look at how bad MR has handled their other licenses. Sure FF7 is one of the best selling games ever but that doesn't translate to the collectable market. Especially if MR doesn't put any advertising effort into it. MR is lucky that Star Wars just about advertises it's self.