Anime Toys & Collectibles

Reaction score
Re: Anime toys and collectibles?

That city is amazing. I hope it can manage to stay that way.

Reaction score

I had the whole set of FF8 figures, not the GFs though. I also got the Kaiyodo Trigun Vash and Wolfwood figures, as well as the Vash, Kaneda and Bike from McFarlane. Aside from the Kaiyodo figs though, I didn't take really good care of any of them.

Reaction score

Vash the Stampede was on my wish list as well but had to pass several times on it due to arrival of cool SW items...

Reaction score

solid_strider said:
I had the whole set of FF8 figures, not the GFs though. I also got the Kaiyodo Trigun Vash and Wolfwood figures, as well as the Vash, Kaneda and Bike from McFarlane. Aside from the Kaiyodo figs though, I didn't take really good care of any of them.
I got all of the FF VIII Gf's. The only one of the Bandai character figures I got was Rinoa. I do have the complete sets of the VII and IX figures. The only one of the three X figures I got was Yuna. I am definately getting the upcoming PlayArts Aerith.

Reaction score

To the original thread starter, thanks for posting those pics of your Shirow figures! I used them to see if some items I was bidding on were authentic or not. Ill post up some pics of my anime girls in a few hours!

Reaction score

A little later than promised, but here are the pics!
Just a warning, some of the pictures are a bit risqué.

Anime stuff

Reaction score

Really nice collection there - some cool fan service included

Reaction score

Fan service indeed. I always wanted that first Djibril figure. None of the others measured up. Too late now though. I'm still really tempted by the Blanc et Noir angels too. When I found out their clothes came off, I was annoyed, but I haven't decided if it's really a reason not to get them. Can you tell through the box if the clothes are well fitted?

Very cool stuff. My favorite out them all is the Dim Sum girl. I've never seen her before (I usually ignore everything that doesn't have a weapon, or wings). Wicked hot. I'm going to have to be on the lookout. Thanks for sharing.

(And if you ever want to sell that Ekidona figure, you have a buyer waiting right here. Just say the word.)

Reaction score

Witches are cool. So are girls with horns, but they need bat wings too or it's not the same.

I have the Sega Prize Rei & Asuka witches. Two of my favorite pieces.

Reaction score

I have some winged girls. I prefer feathered to bat wings, myself. While Arche does not have any such, she is half elf. =P So many posts in this thread of buxom anime girls. I prefer the cute, prissy, petite girls. I suppose that is because that is what I find attractive in real females.

Reaction score

There is another Tales of Phantasia figure, which I will probably get sooner or later. Mint There has been quite a few PVC figures for the Shining series. I have Shining Force Neo, Shining Tears and the GBA remake of the original Shining Force. Besides anime, I am quite into video games. Game Collection I really need to photograph my anime toys. I have several hundred so it would be a decent job to do.

Reaction score

That's a lot of games. You should get the other pictures posted.

Reaction score

I don't care for the face sculpt. It looks rather awkward. Though I am neither a fan of GitS nor do I find Motoko particularly attractive.

Reaction score

The face sculpt is not the best, but the figure is ok, not in my top 5 Masamune Shirow items

Reaction score

Adapted from the popular manga by Shirow Masamune, 2004’s ‘APPLESEED’ film quickly became a best-selling anime in both the United States and Japan. Now the characters are back for the next chapter of this groundbreaking cyber-saga, ‘APPLESEED: EX MACHINA’. And Sideshow is excited to bring collectors the fabulous Hot Toys figures based on the upcoming film! Follow the link for a sneak peek and to brush up on your ‘APPLESEED’ history!

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?page_id=3735&source=101807news

The 1/6 scale fully poseable Deunan collectible model kit comes with:

* Weapons
o Large Knife
o ES.W.A.T. Rifle - HECATE stg 1002
o ES.W.A.T. Hand Gun - HECATE P-08
* Accessories:
o Analog Watch
* Display base with Ex Machina logo and Deunan's name plate

Deunan Knute is a beautiful and highly skilled warrior. Trained by her father, a commander and instructor for Special Forces, she grows up to be a natural soldier. Most of Deunan's life has been on the battlefield, and thus she is not used to ordinary everyday life and her behavior can sometimes seem strange and out of place. She is a member of Olympus ES.W.A.T., with her long-time partner and lover, Briareos.

The 1:6 scale fully poseable Briareos figure comes with:

* Weapons
o Prometeus M-08 Cyborg Pistol x 2 units
o Enigma M-117 Anti Material Rifle
* Accessories:
o Analog Watch
* Display base with Ex Machina logo and Deunan's name plate

Briareos Hechatonchires is a member of Olympus ES.W.A.T., a partner with Deunan, both at work and in private life. Severely injured in battle four years ago, a former natural soldier became a cyborg. "Hechatonchires" is the particular cyborg design system used on Briareos, and means "the giant with a hundred arms." This reflects his ability to control various kinds of machines simultaneously. Though very powerful, the Hechatonchires design can also be quite unstable - in fact, Briareos is the last surviving user of this experimental system.

Reaction score

Looks like an expensive doll to me. Standard Cool Girl fare. For a simple doll head with rooted hair, I think they go to good lengths to create a unique, attractive semblance.

I don't think any doll will ever beat a 1:6 action figure of comparable price.

Reaction score

It seems so, and she looks cool, not movie accurate, but an adult Rei

Reaction score

Well, thankfully it's not a 14 year old Rei in that outfit.

There's a statue of her I really want to see. In the director's cut of episode 22 (?), when she kills Armisael, instead of it just being a giant explosion, there's a moment when she become completely assimilated with the angel. Then, the explosion happens.

I'd like if someone made that. I was hoping they'd do it in the Angel-XX line, but they did an exclusive Armisael, and it was just Rei with a bunch of veins sticking out. I want to see the angel Rei.

Reaction score

Just received a really nice package from Winston from Tokyo Fantasy - it was a bit late because of the big snows in Romania: :biglaugh:

- GITS SAC Treasure Wave Motoko Kusanagi (I like her, despite the average rating some reviewers gave to this figure. I especially like the head with the hat, is more feminine and the size is not that small, is exactly the size of Diver Down Motoko.)
- Intron Depot Space Pirates (both versions) - really hot
- GITS Hard Disk limited edition 1500
- GITS Diver Down green version, limited edition 1500 (now I have 2 of these - one loose, one carded)
- GITS trading figures (especially wanted the young Motoko on chair) - Xmas present
- Lego Star Wars 3 ships - Xmas present

Reaction score

Wow...uhh heya again, didn't I just post about your collection on the Zero Type forums? I never even knew you were on the scum boards! lol

Now you see where I get the Star Wars habit from.

Reaction score
Chizuru Nanbara from Combattler V (1976)

Has anyone here collected this series?

Chizuru Nanbara from Super Electromagnetic Robot Combattler V (1976)

There are a total ten different figures, and I have collected them all.

Reaction score
Re: Chizuru Nanbara from Combattler V (1976)

There was a nice little gashapon set of Chizuru which I'd like to get. I saw it in an issue of Hobby Japan or Dengeki Hobby. I have been going gashapon crazy as of late. There are so many anime/games that would yield excellent larger figures, but only end up as gashpon or trading figures.

Reaction score
Re: Anime figures - Appleseed

New WAVE Appleseed figures: Deunan and Briareos

They seem to be 1/10, and to be released in June, price between $80-120. So these are not the same with Hot Toys 1/6 figures!

Reaction score

I have these few anime girls:

I also have a large (and still growing) collection of Kamen Rider Souchaku Henshin figures and Spanish Ultraman figures...

Reaction score

Now I have both Takara and Hot Toys Deunan (plus HT Briareos) but will keep all of them boxed until able to display them safely under glass protected shelves. Glad at least I fixed my PC - in fact bought a new one...

Reaction score

philbw said:
I have these few anime girls:
Love that Kanu figure. I was able to resist the one with the blue skirt, but the grey skirt did me in.

Sergiu, I like the color the hair on the Takara figure turned out. Much more blond than the prototype.

Reaction score

devilof1776 said:
Sergiu, I like the color the hair on the Takara figure turned out. Much more blond than the prototype.
She is pretty cool indeed. Too bad she has to stay boxed along with Hot Toys Appleseed figs