Anime Toys & Collectibles

Reaction score
Is there anyone collecting anime toys and collectibles?

I like some anime/manga and especially got hooked into Masamune Shirow's works: Ghost in the Shell (manga and TV series and movies), Intron Depot art books, Galhound adult art books, Orion, Black Magic, Dominion etc.

So I started a small collection of Shirow's hot girls:

My anime figures collection

-------
manga = Japanese comic books
anime = Japanese cartoons

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Re: Anime toys and collectibles?

Very nice collection! I really like those Evangelion figures, I had the exact same Rei a while back.

The only anime figures I have are from Full Metal Alchemist. I got them from a local comic book shop. There pretty neat, but there statues so there not poseable. The ones I have are Roy, Al, and Hawkeye. The set came with a little dog to but his name escapes me at the moment. I was never really all that into anime, but every now and then an anime comes out that I just love. If I could find some decent Naruto collectibles I'd probably buy them, but the mattel figures are pretty weak.

Reaction score

I have several Ranma items, and a set of Love Hina girls. also some Macross items, and Mcfarlane's Kaneda figure. My favorite is my stuffed Ranma-chan.

I also have about a dozen different anime cels.

Reaction score

Hey, great collection.

I am mainly into Kubricks and Bearbricks, but I also am very into Gundam toys and little miniature strange collectibles from Japan. I am into what are known as "Yurukyara", which are basically characters that are considered rather "cheap" or "flimsy". Anyone know what I'm talking about here?

Reaction score

Anime (Along with video games and religious/occult study) is my major interest. Star Wars for me is limited to the six films and 3 3/4 figures. I have a huge collection of Anime and related merchandise. Hundreds of DVD's, hundreds of soundtracks, 600+ figures (Gundam, Evangelion, Sailormoon, Ah! My Goddess, etc..), and a variety of other things. Unfortunately, I have not gotten around to photographing anything.

Reaction score

I got the package with the Perfect Piece Tachikoma last week. The Tachikoma is awsome: amazing details, lots of play features and a nice Motoko included. You can remove the cannon cap with a small key and even replace the cannon with a gattling, just like in the SAC series. The back part opens up and Motoko fits inside perfectly and then you can close it back. Really cool.

But it has a flaw alas too: almost impossible to display it due to the jointed legs and because of this it falls on the belly. But overall it looks amazing.

Right now I put it back in the box due to lack of display space, it's pretty big, it cannot fit in the glass shelves near my other GITS figures and I'd rather have it protected by glass than on display elsewhere in the room.

And I'm also thinking on how to make a display stand for the Tachi. I already made a custom stand for the new ManMachine Interface Motoko Aramaki figure who had rubbery legs and tends to bend in front...

Do not forget please to take photos of what you have!!

Reaction score

I don't know if you have a particular focus, such as characters from film, but if you are a fan of the style in general then you should see the Mirei-San 1/7 Scale PVC if you haven't already. I just ordered one, it's the only anime(ish) import I have ever bought and I bought it just moments after I saw it because I have always wanted a "[censored]" toy but I've found nearly every one that I've seen up to this point to be rather uncouth or poorly executed (this excludes characters from films, I'm just speaking about the eros statues that aren't tied to a franchise and are just self contained pieces).

Reaction score

Just to be clear I DO NOT want a [censored] toy... I don't know why that word was censored but honestly I would prefer to have my toy uncensored but demure.

Reaction score

My main focus is Masamune Shirow and his creations: Ghost in the Shell, Intron Depot, Galhound, Black Magic, Orion etc. I know about some hot anime figures which are really cool but passed on most of them.

On the other hand you should be very careful with the bootlegs. Comparing to Star Wars bootleg figures which are easy to distinguish from originals SW stuff, the anime ones can be deceiving and you could get bootlegs very easily.

Reaction score

So true about that, I picked up a couple of Max Factory Kasumis only to find out they were Chinese bootlegs. Had to spend more to get two real ones so now I have four Kasumis, I display the bootleg ones loose and keep the real ones in their boxes. Its really hard to tell the difference unless you know what minor details to look for.

BTW, that is a SWEET Motoko figure you got by Vice, I totally missed out on that one. I assume you're gonna get the upcoming one from Goodsmile? Here's a pic of it if you haven't seen it yet.

Reaction score

A very good site/forum where you can find lots of interesting things about anime figures and especially about bootlegs (and how to spot them) is http://forums.zero-type.com/index.php

I know about the new SSS Motoko but they say it might be a limited Japanese edition only. Hope they change their mind...

Reaction score

Cool! But I have another company I'm dealing with and wait for thier offer. I'll keep this in mind though. Thanks!

Reaction score

My girlfriend collects some of the cool looking anime chicks. I've got some Evangelion figures, I used to have the whole set of the older Kaiyodo Evas but they got thrown out from my storage room.

I still have my Trigun figures though.
I've picked up a random smattering of anime/Japanese video game figures I've found cool, such as:
Guyver
Final Fantasy (mostly 7)
Vampire Hunter D
Akira
Street Fighter
Fist Of The North Star
Gungrave
Cowboy Beebop

Japanese toys are usually the best too, I just picked up a FFXII Gabranth figure and he's about as close to a perfect figure as I'll ever see. I used to mainly focus on Anime but I've fallen out of love with it, there are just to many bad ones nowadays every once and awhile though I'm pleasantly surprised by something really great though.

Reaction score

While I don't have pictures yet, I do have a list of Japanese toys. I fear it is too long to post so will simply throw up what toy lines I have items from. I will include domestic releases that are Anime/Game based. I am excluding plastic models, vinyl models, and plush/UFO catcher dolls.

.hack//SIGN by Yamato
Ah! My Goddess by Hobby Base Yellow Submarine
Ah! My Goddess The Movie by Movic
Ah! My Goddess The Movie by Sega
Ah! My Goddess Pit Crew Trading Figures by Sega
Akazukin Chacha by Takara
Banner of The Stars by Yujin
[censored]!! by Kotobukiya
Bome Anime Girls by Kaiyodo
Capcom Vs SNK by Banpresto
Chobits by Toynami
Chrono Cross Figural Dioramas by Banpresto
Dancing Blade Capsule Figures by Yujin
Devilman by Marmit
Devilman by Fewture
Disgaea Mini Figures
Dragonball Mini Figures by Bandai
Dragonball Z (GT) Super Battle Collection by Bandai
Dragonball Z Super Guerriers by AB Toys
Dragonball Z by Irwin
Final Fantasy Coca Cola Figurines
Final Fantasy VII Extra Knights by Bandai
Final Fantasy VIII Guardian Force by Kotobukiya
Final Fantasy VIII Monster Collection by Kotobukiya
Final Fantasy VIII Extra Soldier by Bandai
Final Fantasy IX by Bandai
Final Fantasy X by Bandai
Galaxy Fraulein Yuna by Xebec
Gamera vinyl figures by Bandai
Godzilla vinyl figures by Bandai
Godzilla by Trendmasters
Gundam Mobile Suit In Action by Bandai
Gundam: Arch Enemy by Bandai
Gundam: Voice I-Doll by Bandai
Hellsing by Yamato
InuYasha by Toynami
Jubei-chan Capsule Figures by Yujin
Kingdom Hearts II Play Arts by SquareEnix
King of Fighters 97 Active Styling by Kotobukiya
Love Hina by Epoch/Kaiyodo
Love Hina DVD Promo Figures
Love Hina Trading Figures by Yujin
Love Hina EX Yugari Bath Figures by Sega
Love Hina Summer Festival Figures by Sega
Love Hina Summer Beach Collection Vol 1 by Sega
Love Hina Collection Figure Summer Ver. by Sega
Love Hina Beach Capsule Toys by Yujin
Mahoromatic by Yujin
Mysterious Thief St. Tail by Sega
Neon Genesis Evangelion Real Model by Sega
Neon Genesis Evangelion by Kaiyodo/Xebec
Neon Genesis Evangelion Angels by Wave
Neon Genesis Evangelion Kubrick by Medicom
Neon Genesis Evangelion HGIF Capsule Figures by Bandai
Record of Lodoss War by Tomy
Rurouni Kenshin Trading Figures by Rement
Sailormoon Excellent Petit Soldier by Bandai
Sailormoon Trading Figures by Bonkdo
Sakura Wars Real Model by Sega
Samurai Showdown 64 by Epoch
Samurai X by Toycom
Serial Experiments Lain by Toynami
Sentimental Graffiti Trading Figures by Banpresto
Sentimental Graffiti Talking Figures
Slayers Try LM Figures by Bandai
SNK Girls Trading Figures by Yujin
Street Fighter by Resaurus
Super Dimensional Fortress Macross by Arii
Sylvanian Families/Calico Critters by Epoch/Tomy
Tenchi Muyo! Headliners
Tenchi Muyo! Light Up PVC Figures
Tokimeki Memorial by Konami
Tokimeki Memorial by Kaiyodo
Ultrakaiju vinyl figures by Bandai
Vampire Savior by Capcom
Voltron by Matchbox

Reaction score

I will if/when I get around to doing so. I would list each figure, but there must be close to, or over, 700 figures there. I also have an insane amount of anime DVD's and video games.

Reaction score

Are they PVC 1/8 figures, gashapons, trading figures and/or resin statues?

Reaction score

Included in that list are action figures Of various sizes, one or two 1/8 PVC figures, and gashapon/trading figures. I have a a few completed resin models not included there. I have a FF VII Aerith and two of Athena Asamiya from King of Fighters. I also did not include the various Plastic Models I have, which are all Gundam models save a Plastic model of Aerith again and two main characters from Marmalade Boy, Miki and Yuu. Maybe I will upload a list of everything then link it here. I do have my game and DVD collections online,
http://seraphmichael.dvdaf.com/owned
http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?lid=100018&owner=SeraphicMichael&mode=vown

You now, now that I think of it, I do have a few pictures of various things. I will post the links later on.

Reaction score

I collected the Revoltechs out in HK. I want to get those again seeing they now have Macross and the Black Getter coming and Toro is already out. They are also doing Yotsuba, would't that be cool if they Azumanga Daioh???

I also want to get back into HGUC Gundam kits again. I think the CCA line is gonna be nice!

Reaction score

The new Intron Depot figure to be released soon:

There is also a blue uncensored version, but won't post pics here...

Reaction score

I would love to see some Animatrix figures in the future, though I doubt it...Alot.

Reaction score

Yotsuba is a manga by the same person as Azumanga Daioh. It is about a young girl who is adopted and goes around learning about things. It is both cute and funny. I really want to get some figures from Kanon, School Rumble, and Haruhi. Screw action anime, the series that focus on human interaction are the jewel of what the Japanese do right with animation and comics in a way that Americans too often fail. Though, I have gotten a crapload of Gundam MSiA's recently.

Reaction score

Seraphim said:
Screw action anime, the series that focus on human interaction are the jewel of what the Japanese do right with animation and comics in a way that Americans too often fail.
What about Evangelion? Or Inuyasha? Fate Stay/Night? Action anime with serious intra-personal drama, albeit one slightly more serious than the others.

Reaction score

devilof1776 said:
Seraphim said:
Screw action anime, the series that focus on human interaction are the jewel of what the Japanese do right with animation and comics in a way that Americans too often fail.
What about Evangelion? Or Inuyasha? Fate Stay/Night? Action anime with serious intra-personal drama, albeit one slightly more serious than the others.
Yes, there are good ones. Usually those that shine do so for the more dramatic elements rather than the action aspect. Evangelion's strong point is it's psychological examination of the human psyche. Mobile Suit Gundam (And the UC sequels) are excellent socio-political stories. With War in the Pocket being an excellent anti-war story. Inuyasha is a decent series; however, I think Takahashi's finest work is Maison Ikkoku. I just find that too many people flock to lackluster action oriented series (Naruto for instance) and pay no mind to excellent anime due to the lack of action. There are many anime series that, despite being animated, come across as emotionally convincing as live action when ot comes to topics such as relationships, emotions, etc... Though, the actual point of my post was to say that it would be nice if we got more toys based on such series. There are some, but not as many as there used to be. :\

I actually do have, and like, a decent amount of action anime.
http://seraphmichael.dvdaf.com/owned

Reaction score

I see what you're saying. I can't stand Dragonball, or Naruto, etc. Aren't most of the gashapon and pvc statues dedicated to the more dramatic titles?

Reaction score

devilof1776 said:
I see what you're saying. I can't stand Dragonball, or Naruto, etc. Aren't most of the gashapon and pvc statues dedicated to the more dramatic titles?
PVC figures have remained pretty focused on drama, romance, comedy, etc..; however, they can be just so damn expensive. And Gashapon figures cover all kinds of anime but can be hard to locate at times. There is a shop not too far from me that sells gashapon, but his selection has dropped in quality. I'd really like the Kanon and Maison Ikkoku sets. If there ever was a Kimagure Orange road set, it is ling gone and has left no traces. Yujin used to make nice 5 inch figures that were not too expensive I have a Mahoro (Mahoromatic) and a Lafiel (Crest of the Stars). Sega did nice decently priced Rayearth figures in the late 90's as did Bandai for Sailormoon. I really am surprised nobody has done 5 inch figures based on Fruits Basket. There were domestic maquettes, though. Ah well..

Reaction score

I have a few gashapons too but they are not among my favorite collectibles. i prefer larger PVC figures. I agree that PVC figures are sometimes really expensive, I can tell you only from my Ghost in the Shell collection there were some figs pretty expensive

Reaction score

My toy collecting in general actually started with gashapon. My first was a Galaxy Express 999 diorama set (Bandai) and I was amazed. I managed to get the first 2 Sailor Moon sets, and I got the Yujin Gatchaman set when I scored my Unifive GodPhoenix. The one other complete set I have was the first of the 50th Anniversary Godzilla dioramas, but I have a lot of random pieces.

I tried really hard to not get into larger statues, but the Bome girls opened the gate and it was all over. $20 statues quickly gave way to $60 statues. They just look too good.

Reaction score

devilof1776 said:
My toy collecting in general actually started with gashapon. My first was a Galaxy Express 999 diorama set (Bandai) and I was amazed. I managed to get the first 2 Sailor Moon sets, and I got the Yujin Gatchaman set when I scored my Unifive GodPhoenix. The one other complete set I have was the first of the 50th Anniversary Godzilla dioramas, but I have a lot of random pieces.

I tried really hard to not get into larger statues, but the Bome girls opened the gate and it was all over. $20 statues quickly gave way to $60 statues. They just look too good.
Those Sailormoon gashapon sets were really nice. I regret not getting those. >.<

Reaction score

It's the first two sets I want and am unwilling to pay high price. Just like how I never got the Pluto Bandai Petit figure due to price. A friend of mine is going back to HK at some point so I will probably add it to the long list of things for him to look for. You'd be surprised at what you can get there for cheap. When he lived there, he would often hit 5 or 6 large malls of nothing but toys.