Anakins Jedi Starfighter (Class 2)

Reaction score
Man. I'd swear to god that I was looking at some vintage Kenner photos above. Retro awesome and exceptionally playable.

Reaction score
I agree, those are very nice. Love the retro vibe. Thanks for taking more shots!

Reaction score
Anyone have any pics of a figure stood outside of the ship for scale purposes?

Reaction score
Is there any way to sand down or shave off the stilts without ruining the toy?

Reaction score
Considering the size of these things I'm glad I was managed to get hold of the originals at a fair price. These look decent and the droid socket definitely looks better but too small for my taste. Handy for those with space issues I guess.

Reaction score
Amazingly I really like the look of these. The smaller scale works for the ROTS Jedi Starfighter as that was a small fighter in the films and the original, while very cool did always seem a bit big.

I will wait till I see them in store and get them in a sale I think. Lots of Toy Sales on at the moment so I hope new product starts hitting soon.

Reaction score
Wow. The photos Marduk took have convinced me that I need to get these. I hope that Hasbro will eventually do Obi-Wan's blue one. (As much as they like to repaint molds, I probably don't need to hold my breath.)

Reaction score
So I was actually looking forward to this one. The recent pics posted made it look decent too. I went to TRU yesterday and they had put a case of the $20 vehicles out, but Anakin's was already sold. I decided to buy Obi Wan's.

After getting it open, I have to admit I'm incredibly disappointed. In fact I took it back I was so unhappy with it. I suppose I should have known better, but the pictures made it look good, and I thought the smaller size was a bit more accurate.

For anyone interested I'll mention a few issues I had with it: First, the plastic is very thin and cheap feeling. The cockpit canopy also did not open very far, and wouldn't hold in place when you are trying to get a figure in there. The thing I disliked most was that there is no mechanism for opening the wings. You have to manually open each one, and there isn't any sort of guide or stopper to help get them into an accurate position. You just have to eyeball it. The wings especially felt cheap and flimsy.

This is the first (and likely last) of the smaller vehicles I've bought, but I always thought the smaller size wasn't that big of a deal. In fact I defended these as a good option for kids. Unfortunately my opinion has been changed by the cheap quality. Most complaints I've seen from people on the forums have been about the smaller size, but I think the worst issue is the cheap plastic and construction. I really don't have any insight on what it takes to budget a toyline, but even with inflated costs I have a really hard time believing this is the best they could do for $20.

Reaction score
So I was actually looking forward to this one. The recent pics posted made it look decent too. I went to TRU yesterday and they had put a case of the $20 vehicles out, but Anakin's was already sold. I decided to buy Obi Wan's.

After getting it open, I have to admit I'm incredibly disappointed. In fact I took it back I was so unhappy with it. I suppose I should have known better, but the pictures made it look good, and I thought the smaller size was a bit more accurate.

For anyone interested I'll mention a few issues I had with it: First, the plastic is very thin and cheap feeling. The cockpit canopy also did not open very far, and wouldn't hold in place when you are trying to get a figure in there. The thing I disliked most was that there is no mechanism for opening the wings. You have to manually open each one, and there isn't any sort of guide or stopper to help get them into an accurate position. You just have to eyeball it. The wings especially felt cheap and flimsy.

This is the first (and likely last) of the smaller vehicles I've bought, but I always thought the smaller size wasn't that big of a deal. In fact I defended these as a good option for kids. Unfortunately my opinion has been changed by the cheap quality. Most complaints I've seen from people on the forums have been about the smaller size, but I think the worst issue is the cheap plastic and construction. I really don't have any insight on what it takes to budget a toyline, but even with inflated costs I have a really hard time believing this is the best they could do for $20.
Well that's disappointing. I think I will pass unless there is a buy one get one free I think.

Reaction score
I can't say I'm too fussed. If it's cheap enough I'll buy it. It'll look cool as a display piece.

Reaction score
Tiny Artoo? No landing gear? No working droid port? Pass, pass and pass.

Reaction score
They showed the TCW version...but it's actually the AOTC version, with the droid on the left-hand side of the cockpit rather than in the middle. Cool. It's almost a Hasbro creation, since I don't think we ever saw that starfighter on an episode, comic, or book.

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out who Maria Eibert is yet?

Its the name in Aurebesh on the sticker sheets for both Anakin's and Obi-Wan's Starfighters. Pick here

Reaction score
Probably someone's kid.
Probably someone's incredibly disappointed kid who has just thrown the toy at the wall in disgust and watched with a small amount of satisfaction as the cheap and flimsy construction shatters into pieces.

Reaction score
Scale wise, these ships are great and super accurate. They actually make Gunships and Arc170s actually look like they're 12-17m long giants now! The new wing system works better for me too. I always felt the spring mechanism never allowed the wings to open up to their true level like in the film, so no that's gone, I can get the movie look I want. The landing gear is really a big problem either for me. It's not like I stare at the bottom of the ship anyways, and I either display my fighters crashed, or in action, so no gear is needed. As for the astromech, I think it should have been a little bigger like a few mm either way. As is, i think it's a few mm away from being 'believable'. This however is inescapable no matter how they do it since MR CGI decided to half *** the ship in movie causing a million little problems in the real world for it.

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Appo. I'm not finding many reviews on these starfighters so it's great to see some more input.

One thing I particularly like about these is how thin the wings are compared to the older ROTS mold. A weird thing to like, I know, but it just looks way more accurate than the thick wings of the older mold. I also like how the main laser cannons are nice and straight, whereas on the older mold they always seem to end up bent inwards at the tip of the cannons. Admittedly, I did recently pick up a ROTS Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter instead (mainly because I like the paint job on the ROTS one), but I'm still interested in grabbing a Saga Legends one somewhere down the line. The upcoming repaint of Obi-Wan's replacement fighter is a good candidate!

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Appo. I'm not finding many reviews on these starfighters so it's great to see some more input.

One thing I particularly like about these is how thin the wings are compared to the older ROTS mold. A weird thing to like, I know, but it just looks way more accurate than the thick wings of the older mold. I also like how the main laser cannons are nice and straight, whereas on the older mold they always seem to end up bent inwards at the tip of the cannons. Admittedly, I did recently pick up a ROTS Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter instead (mainly because I like the paint job on the ROTS one), but I'm still interested in grabbing a Saga Legends one somewhere down the line. The upcoming repaint of Obi-Wan's replacement fighter is a good candidate!
The thinner wings do look good on these ships, and the blasters are nice and straight thanks to the fact that this time, the main body of them is sculpted into the hard plastic ship body as opposed to rubber extras stuck on. The very end of each blaster is still rubber for safety reasons, but there's no room in there for them to bend out of shape, so another plus for these new sculpts!

Reaction score
Put me down as a fan of these too. I picked them both up and they look great. My only gripe is the 'guesswork' involved with setting the wings but whatever.

Reaction score
I didnt know exactly where to place this question, as there was not a thread for the item itself.

But going by all these "smaller" vehicles being made, are we to assume that the vehicle that's being made for the 1st time ever -Anakin's yellow fighter with the Droid on the SIDE as seen in the movies, as apposed to in the FRONT as seen in the cartoon. Not that we ever saw this particular vehicle on screen, but no doubt it existed.
Are we to assume that this first-ever-release is going to be made "mini-me" style? If so, shame you Hasbro.

Reaction score
Hello, do you mean an AOTC type starfighter for Anakain? If so, you're right, we've never seen that on screen. I can't imagine it's in Hasbro's plans but all it would take is a simple repaint.

I don't like the AOTC in the small scale but the ROTS ones are great.

Reaction score
I just picked up Anakins Delta 7 Starfighter. I didn't have it and couldn't remember why.
It's small scale. It's awful. Now I wish I didn't have it.

Reaction score
I just picked up Anakins Delta 7 Starfighter. I didn't have it and couldn't remember why.
It's small scale. It's awful. Now I wish I didn't have it.

I know this doesn't really help, but at least you know why you hadn't bought this before.:\