Anakin Skywalker - VC92 *Realistic Clone Wars General*

Reaction score
Don't ask me why, but this headsculpt reminds me of a young(ish) Steve Guttenberg for some reason.

They've done better Anakin headsculpts.

Reaction score
Don't ask me why, but this headsculpt reminds me of a young(ish) Steve Guttenberg for some reason.

They've done better Anakin headsculpts.
Interesting observation. For me, that the head sculpt doesn't look like Anakin is a bonus because then it's easier to use the head for some made-up character. However, in general the heads should look like the characters.

Reaction score
I like this figure. If they can do other CW characters as well as this in the realistic style, I'd be happy to buy them.

Reaction score
My only problem with this figure is that they haven't even tried to match shades with the soft goods and plastic.

Reaction score
this is perhaps my favorite figure of Anakin to date. love the way the figure turned out. can't wait to get Obi Wan and Ahoska next to him and see how they all look together.

I thought there was supposed to be 4 figures made in the "Realistic" Clone Wars line. I heard mention of Rex but nothing since. anyone have any ideas on this?

Reaction score
this is perhaps my favorite figure of Anakin to date. love the way the figure turned out. can't wait to get Obi Wan and Ahoska next to him and see how they all look together.

I thought there was supposed to be 4 figures made in the "Realistic" Clone Wars line. I heard mention of Rex but nothing since. anyone have any ideas on this?
This is my favorite Anakin as well. The Clone Wars is a really fun part of Star Wars lore and to have a realistic version of General Skywalker to fill out the CW diorama I have set up is great. I was using the Order 66 2 pack Anakin up until this figure. Now I just need the Obi-wan and Ahsoka versions (to replace the VC AOTC Obi-wan and CW S3 Aksoka) and I'm all set.

Reaction score
Got CW Anakin in the mail the other day. He's well done over all but he could really benefit from ball jointed hips. In my opinion, every action oriented character needs ball jointed hips. You can't really get good action poses without it. I'm liking the realistic concept of the these CW characters and I'm looking forward to Obi-Wan, Ahsoka and Rex.

Reaction score
Saw this guy a few weeks ago and was unsure. Came back for him later trhat day and he was gone. Fast forward to Saturday, and I find two hanging on the peg. Grabbed one. He is a great figure, and despite my unfamiliarity with the show, its a good concept for the outfit and its made me want to watch clone wars.

Reaction score
I could have got him so many different times but the lack of ball jointed hips kept me from getting it. Maybe I should reconsider.
The sculpt is very well done, the ball jointed hips is really all he's missing. For some reason, they even included ball hinged wrists. I don't really think they are needed, but any bit of articulation is welcome.

Reaction score
The sculpt is very well done, the ball jointed hips is really all he's missing. For some reason, they even included ball hinged wrists. I don't really think they are needed, but any bit of articulation is welcome.
I'm not sure how I feel about BH wrists. It's on the new deleted scene Luke and they just seem to look a bit odd. That said they don't look noticeable in your pic, maybe they're not too bad if the character's got gloves.

Don't suppose you've got concept Anakin too? I'm wondering if that head would fit this figure as personally I think it would look better.

Reaction score
I'm not sure how I feel about BH wrists. It's on the new deleted scene Luke and they just seem to look a bit odd. That said they don't look noticeable in your pic, maybe they're not too bad if the character's got gloves.
I thought the same thing. Gloved characters don't suffer from the "fat wrist" syndrome and in CW Anakin's case, they add so much more poseability to him. The card art for this figure ---with the over-the-shoulder saber grip---can actually be replicated by the figure. Hasbro's got to be careful which figure they use these one though...

Reaction score

Don't suppose you've got concept Anakin too? I'm wondering if that head would fit this figure as personally I think it would look better.
I don't have the concept Anakin actually. Looking at pictures though, the concept Anakin's hair seems to be too long to fit the CW look. At least this CW look, the Season 4 look would work with the long hair.

Last edited:

ZX3

Reaction score
The more I think about this figure, the more off the mark I think it is.
Hasbro went a little too literal with adapting the Clone Wars design.
I don't think Anakin's Clone Wars garb is supposed to be signifcantly different from the movie version- just different hair, an extra glove, and some Vader like breast and shoulder armor. Why did they even bother with a new sculpt when they could have easily adapted an existing one?
New and colorful might be more interesting, but I think is misses the point of making a "realistic" version.

Reaction score
I disagree completely!!! I think they nailed it with this figure!!! I think the only thing its missing is Bj hips, otherwise it's perfect in my book, and one of my favorite figures in the VC line!!! But to each his own I guess!!!

Reaction score
I agree partially...the glove covering his mechno hand should be the same as on screen. This figure has a blue glove different fron the live action glove. Otherwise this rendition is a perfect realistic likeness IMO.

Reaction score
The more I think about this figure, the more off the mark I think it is.
Hasbro went a little too literal with adapting the Clone Wars design.
I don't think Anakin's Clone Wars garb is supposed to be signifcantly different from the movie version- just different hair, an extra glove, and some Vader like breast and shoulder armor. Why did they even bother with a new sculpt when they could have easily adapted an existing one?
New and colorful might be more interesting, but I think is misses the point of making a "realistic" version.
The coloring of his robes is supposed to mirror the CW tv show look. They didn't randomly select the color pattern: it's exactly what his robes look like in the show. His shorter haircut in the early seasons of the show doesn't seem to match this figure's hair sculpt as closely as it should, but hey, that's semantics.

Reaction score
LOL No it isn't.
I apologize for missing the word "arguing" before semantics. And, yes, it would be: philosophically-speaking, semantics refers to one's understanding of how an idea/concept fits into a theory or argument he/she is trying to make. Ultimately, arguing philosophical semantics with others essentially gets you nowhere, which is what I was implying in my previous post. In this case, arguing just how short Anakin's hair should be when translating it from 2-D cartoon character to 3-D plastic figure would, in fact, be arguing semantics.

We learn something new everyday, don't we? ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't have the concept Anakin actually. Looking at pictures though, the concept Anakin's hair seems to be too long to fit the CW look. At least this CW look, the Season 4 look would work with the long hair.
True, but I wasn't worrying too much about accuracy. The fig looks good, I just wasn't a fan of the headsculpt. Some people said he looked a bit too old and that the hairline seemed a bit too high on the temple. I agree.

Reaction score
I don't even know where to start.
Before looking down on someone else in your posts, make sure you understand what you're going to ridicule them for...

When the other person understands the concept as well or better than you do, it's not as humorous anymore.

(You apparently didn't know "semantics" deals with linguistic, logical, and philosophical meanings...yes, there are multiple definitions and applications of the concept in multiple fields. My point was a valid one, even of you want to----yes, I'm going there---argue "semantics".)

Say what you want; I'm done with this now. (Funny how this all started over the translation of a cartoon character's hair to a toy.) Moving on...

Reaction score
Dont think anymore. Get him. I dont even watch the show and I like it

Reaction score
The fig is actually a whole lot better than I thought it would be. The legs are nicely detailed and, even though they look a bit thin, I think thats actually better for the aesthetic anyway.

Reaction score
easy custom if you got the parts
Quinlan Vos ball jointed hips fit perfectly with this Anakin, although the robed skirt for Anakin is a biatch to get it all back together.
this anakins legs do not match the brown of Vos' upper legs so i used the peasant anakin knees/boots. and gave peasant anakin the legs from this CW anakin. no paint needed to make this make more action posable figure. although i did add a lil silver paint to the armor parts.

Reaction score
I have this Anakin leading a group of Clones into battle from a Republic Gunship.