Anakin Skywalker - VC92 *Realistic Clone Wars General*

Reaction score
He was in the Malgus wave and Evezan wave case. He has been repacked two times already. He is a great figure, one of the best of the year. I look forward to Obi and Ashoka.

Reaction score
Isn't he supposed to come in the Tarkin case?

I think any figure that isn't repacked will eventually sell through. It's just difficult to judge. However, if that version is not being released in another line, then usually it won't be a problem. It will be interesting to see if the film style TCW figures sell through faster or slower, though.
This figure is already the cheapest figure being sold singly from this wave; going anywhere from $9 to 14.95, for what it's worth...

Reaction score
this is the only figure i have from that wave, the only one i was able to find. it makes sense that it would be the cheapest one now...

Reaction score
Anybody notice he's a lot shorter than the ANH Darth Vader figure from the same wave? Kinda doesn't make sense, does it? Unless he's somehow disguising super platform heels in his Vader costume...:p

Reaction score
Anybody notice he's a lot shorter than the ANH Darth Vader figure from the same wave? Kinda doesn't make sense, does it? Unless he's somehow disguising super platform heels in his Vader costume...:p
He has prosthetic robot legs as Vader, which made him much taller.

Reaction score
He has prosthetic robot legs as Vader, which made him much taller.
The PT EU explaination is the Emperor wanted to make his proxy enforcer more intimidating, so he gave him taller limbs to do so.

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
The PT EU explaination is the Emperor wanted to make his proxy enforcer more intimidating, so he gave him taller limbs to do so.
In the real world Hayden Christensen was a shorty so they had to cover up the fact by cutting off his legs in the film and making him bigger in the Vader transformation scene so he'd be similar to his ANH height.

Reaction score
I'm a huge Anakin fan, but I'm not blown away by Hasbro's "realistic" take on the TCW version of the character. It's not an especially good likeness of Hayden. The face is pale. And although I love the soft goods, the colors don't match the paint deco on the figure's upper arms and chest. Grade "C" for "average." Sideshow Collectibles did a hella better job with its TCW/Hayden Anakin. :|

Reaction score
I'm a huge Anakin fan, but I'm not blown away by Hasbro's "realistic" take on the TCW version of the character. It's not an especially good likeness of Hayden. The face is pale. And although I love the soft goods, the colors don't match the paint deco on the figure's upper arms and chest. Grade "C" for "average." Sideshow Collectibles did a hella better job with its TCW/Hayden Anakin. :|
Are you really comparing a $200+ SS figure to a 3 3/4", $10 toy made by Hasbro? Come now what do you expect.

Reaction score
Are you really comparing a $200+ SS figure to a 3 3/4", $10 toy made by Hasbro? Come now what do you expect.
Well I would expect it to look vaugely like the guy on the card, Hasbro don't seem to agree with me on this one. Hence no $10 from me.

Reaction score
I don't like the head sculpt that much on this one either, but understand its a $9 figure. However, where the confusion continues to be is- why does Hasbro feel they need to sculpt new heads everytime they issue a character in a different costume??? Its a little frustrating to have every character, even when its in the same movie with different head. Luke is of course the prime example, with now what 6 different ESB outfits made since Legacy Collection and 6 different heads. Especially confusing is when Hasbro finally nails a good head for someone only to keep making more and usually not improving on it. I thought that the 1st TVC Anakin, although sith eyes, was a decent sculpt. And the one before that from TAC was pretty good too. At least better than this offering. I think they've been going backwards with ROTJ Luke, Han across the board, and Anakin.

Reaction score
I agree that Hasbro just haven't been nailing human characters like they were doing even at the start of VTC recently.....i might relent and get this on clearence but only to customise into someone else........

Reaction score
Ordered hin for $15 shipped off eBay. Hoping to swap heads with TAC Anakin.

Reaction score
I agree that Hasbro just haven't been nailing human characters like they were doing even at the start of VTC recently.....i might relent and get this on clearence but only to customise into someone else........
With figures never even being found at retail, you might want to reconsider if you see this. I'm not so sure a figure like this makes it to the clearance aisle...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes, I'm really making that comparison. Hasbro's made better likenesses of Hayden's Anakin.
Yes, but they aren't trying to make this one look like Hayden. They're taking a cartoon image and making it look human. In this case, it looks like some mix of the Clone Wars Anakin and possibly Hayden or some other human.

Something about it is off with the face, I agree. It's like the sculpt starts off great at the top, then from the mouth down it's off. Like the chin's too narrow, not a noticeable cleft in it either, & throws off the jawline, making the face look thinner than it should. To me that's what makes the figure look off, something about it looks like the cheeks are thicker but it has a thinner jawline than how the CW Anakin looks.

Could just be something from the sculpting process that caused it to shrink down once it got to production, or made it smaller to fit the figure's body better.

Reaction score
I REALLY like this figure and think it's a GREAT representation of Anakin. The Card Back is a great choice for Hasbro, STANDS out on the Pegs. I've noticed that these new card backs have been making a SPLASH on the pegs! They really stand out from last years and make it a little easier to spot NEW figures.

Reaction score
Yes, but they aren't trying to make this one look like Hayden. They're taking a cartoon image and making it look human. In this case, it looks like some mix of the Clone Wars Anakin and possibly Hayden or some other human.

Something about it is off with the face, I agree. It's like the sculpt starts off great at the top, then from the mouth down it's off. Like the chin's too narrow, not a noticeable cleft in it either, & throws off the jawline, making the face look thinner than it should. To me that's what makes the figure look off, something about it looks like the cheeks are thicker but it has a thinner jawline than how the CW Anakin looks.

Could just be something from the sculpting process that caused it to shrink down once it got to production, or made it smaller to fit the figure's body better.
No, they are trying for a Hayden sculpt. They put his image on the cardback. Why would they do a realistic CW figure of Hayden's character, put Hayden on the back, and not sculpt the head as Hayden?

Reaction score
I REALLY like this figure and think it's a GREAT representation of Anakin. The Card Back is a great choice for Hasbro, STANDS out on the Pegs. I've noticed that these new card backs have been making a SPLASH on the pegs! They really stand out from last years and make it a little easier to spot NEW figures.

Wish there was some SPLASH on pegs around here. But you have to admit this head is not as good as any of the other Anakin figures going back to practically 1st Evo figure 6 or so years ago. And that's my issue. If you've got something that works, quit wasting money on new heads and reuse it. I for one just appreciate a little consistency.

Reaction score
I'll say it again - this is my favorite figure of 2012 so far, and I don't expect anything to surpass it. 2012 has had some pretty great figures, too, so it's a tough contest.

Reaction score
Not a great fan of EU figures but i have to admit this Anakin looked to good to skip.

Reaction score
That's not bad. I might do that and retire Concept Anakin with black hair as my Caedus.

Reaction score
That's not bad. I might do that and retire Concept Anakin with black hair as my Caedus.
I thought about that to, I just don't have that particular figure.

Here the recipe I used to make my Darth Caedus:
1) Head sculpt- Realistic Anakin Skywalker
2) Body, Arms, Legs, Feet- Darth Sidious VC79
3) Hands- Rebel Fleet Trooper
4) Robe- Crimson Empire Multipack Darth Sidious
5) Light Saber- ESB VC Darth Vader (Although Darth Sidious' saber would probably work better because the hilt is same color as described in the books.)
6) Sith Lightning- Comic Pack Clone Emperor

Last edited:
Reaction score
BorgIG88 said:
I thought about that to, I just don't have that particular figure.

Here the recipe I used to make my Darth Caedus:
1) Head sculpt- Realistic Anakin Skywalker
2) Body, Arms, Legs, Feet- Darth Sidious VC79
3) Hands- Rebel Fleet Trooper
4) Robe- Crimson Empire Multipack Darth Sidious
5) Light Saber- ESB VC Darth Vader (Although Darth Sidious' saber would probably work better because it's the same color as described in the books.)
6) Sith Lightning- Comic Pack Clone Emperor
What do you mean by the color is closer? They are both red.

Reaction score
Love this figure, the only minor "complaint" I have is the lack of ball-jointed hips!!! Others than that I think it's perfect!!!