Anakin Skywalker: The Clone Wars 1/7 scale Bust

SpecialOpsUnit

Grand Admiral
Reaction score
Just revealed at Toy Fair.

Not the greatest photos, I'm sure better ones will come out over the next few hours/days.

Hope this doesn't become a 2 or 3 bust line and then never to be heard from again.

LightSword

Sith Lord
Reaction score
Looks good, but it isn't something I would buy. I used to have the entire line of Animated maquettes and sold them all in order to collect just realistic looking sculpts. I don't have room for this. Happy for those folks that will get it, nonetheless.

DarthHippie

High Admiral
Reaction score
Looks pretty good. New season’s first episode just came out. I like the style and wish they had a few Clone Wars busts to show... here’s hoping.

Django

Grand Moff
Reaction score
I don't collect Anakin, but this is great bust and I am thrilled to see they are doing more CW characters. I was very happy with the initial reboot episode last night!

Sith74

Captain
Reaction score
Looks good, I’ve got my fingers crossed for an Obi-Wan and a Maul!

Edit: wow I did not expect that, and Thrawn too!

Thanks for the link!
I was browsing through your twitter sources and found some DS/GG booth pics with a new Baby Yoda statue and....a Mandalorian TV Series AT-ST and Razorchrest Modell! (those were unpainted)

As for the TCW and Rebels busts, nice looking but i have zero interest in a new mini busts scale, but maybe this new line can targeting some new and younger generation of collectors?
edit.
AT-ST
http://instagr.am/p/B84alX2AsPW/ Razorcrest
http://instagr.am/p/B84fcxngieZ/
The Child
http://instagr.am/p/B84aAJuAqrk/

Last edited:

ATATDRIVER

Moff
Reaction score
I like the Thrawn bust and the Child statue. Not sure about the vehicles/ships. Need to see more pics.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sith74

Captain
Reaction score
you can click on the right side of the pics to see another detailed pic of the side of the AT-ST and a short 360 clip of the Razorcrest...

SpecialOpsUnit

Grand Admiral
Reaction score
Why does all the other pics except the official ones GG posted on their facebook look good?

They need to hire a new photographer.

Darth_Poppycock

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
But why are they 1/7 scale ? Makes NO sense.

Probably because we complain about the price! This way they can lower the cost to $100 per bust now to make us happy! And we can keep the old styrofoam inserts too!

Sith_Apprentice

High Admiral
Reaction score
Complaining is not an issue. We don't complain, really. We demand as consumers a product that will meet our expectations and will justify its high cost. I don't think this new scale is punishment as the result of us demanding what is right. The reason why they are doing this is because Gentle Giant is now owned by Diamond Select Toys and like so, they are this new company getting their hands in the pot, into what GG produce and they have their own ideas, thinking what they choose to make will bring in more revenue, thinking that this or that character will sell better. And as a big company, being Star Wars just a section of the whole array of product they make, they want to be "cost effective" and push to the consumer a product that hasn't been researched, in a size that isn't popular, without really being in touch with what people truly want. That is why we ended up with the Ponda Baba and Moff Tarkin mini busts pointing fingers, a new line of vehicles no one asked for instead of the mini helmet line, and product that has been requested for years is not being made. In a whole, it is not what we want as consumers, it is what they think will work better for their pockets. Just my opinion, of course.

Last edited:

deathstar1000

Emperor
Reaction score
Wonder if these will be priced like some of their Marvel and DC busts?

ATATDRIVER

Moff
Reaction score
The Star Wars brand demands at least another $ 50% $ upcost over similar items ! LOL.

DarthHippie

High Admiral
Reaction score
The Star Wars brand demands at least another $ 50% $ upcost over similar items ! LOL.

It really does seem that way sometimes.

There’s too much coming out that I want or preordered already to get all these. If they get real cheap I’ll snag them, but mostly just waiting for some female characters.

ATATDRIVER

Moff
Reaction score
Good pics ! I'll get all of these if the price and size are right.

ATATDRIVER

Moff
Reaction score
Wish they'd update their site with a " coming soon " page or something ! I want some more info and pics of this new animated line !

SpecialOpsUnit

Grand Admiral
Reaction score
Wish they'd update their site with a " coming soon " page or something ! I want some more info and pics of this new animated line !

Agreed, excited to hear some news on this.

Honestly still waiting for full pics of all 3 PGM releases though. I don't think we even got a preview image of the Clone Trooper.

ATATDRIVER

Moff
Reaction score
I just pulled this off of their site. If the price mentioned is correct , I'll be giving them a shot !

Gentle Giant, Ltd. is excited to announce the addition of mini busts from Season 7 of Star Wars: The Clone Wars. It’s an incredible design direction to sculpt and we’re presenting some of your favorite characters in a 1/7 scale format.
This line features a new look for The Clone Wars. We know that the1/6 scale is extremely popular with fans and know there are questions regarding the decisions to change up the format.
It’s an all NEW line to go with the animated bust we have done for several properties-- Like Marvel, DC etc.It’s also a new look. Prior GGLTD pieces were in1/6 scale and used a “realistic” take on animated characters. The new mini busts are more “screen accurate” and we wanted them to stand on their own. We didn’t want the same character to have two different looks inside the same line.
The 1/7 scale also means a lower price. Most of the 1/6 pieces are around $120, and while final pricing isn’t complete as of this article, we expect the 1/7 scale price to be approximately half of that.
Lastly, here are some specs for the first few pieces from the new line. Height is only one indication of overall size, but take a look!

Anakin: 5.52"

Obi Wan: 5.4"

Maul: 5.49"

SpecialOpsUnit

Grand Admiral
Reaction score
Saw that the other day..they must know that is Rebels Maul and not TCW Maul lol. Assuming Anakin, Kenobi and Maul will go up first.

Sith_Apprentice

High Admiral
Reaction score
So this is what Gentle Giant are going to be wasting most of their time and resources on: a bunch of cheap, cartoony sculpts to satisfy a few, while giving the finger to the rest of the 1/6 scale collectors. With all this coming up and the pandemic we are experiencing, no wonder why excitement has dwindled to such degree and so many collectors of their true popular work have abandoned ship. Sad to see what was once a fantastic maker has turned into. Wrong decisions have a result and GG are not even half of what they used to be.

SpecialOpsUnit

Grand Admiral
Reaction score
So this is what Gentle Giant are going to be wasting most of their time and resources on: a bunch of cheap, cartoony sculpts to satisfy a few, while giving the finger to the rest of the 1/6 scale collectors. With all this coming up and the pandemic we are experiencing, no wonder why excitement has dwindled to such degree and so many collectors of their true popular work have abandoned ship. Sad to see what was once a fantastic maker has turned into. Wrong decisions have a result and GG are not even half of what they used to be.
Another amazing and insightful post by Sith_Apprentice.

Sith_Apprentice

High Admiral
Reaction score
You could be as cynical as you want, and you know what? That is your right. What I expressed above is my opinion, and while we still live in a free society, freedom to express what we think is allowed. Of course, I don't doubt some illustrious person like yourself might consider my words offensive, point them out to a very insightful moderator and my comment gets deleted as usual. But just for the record, my dear New Yorker, we can agree to disagree. It's what makes the world go around, a diversity of opinions. After all this is a public forum, and you'll read them all. We are not all factory made from a production line, where we are all a mold of each other you know. At some point or another in your life you'll have to accept and understand not everyone will think like you, nor like what you like. Have a blessed day. ;)

Sith_Apprentice

High Admiral
Reaction score
Maybe they are made of some type of cheap resin, soft plastic; something other than Polystone. It really makes no sense the price difference between a 1/7 mini bust and that of a 1/6 scale one. The same applies for the statues. Look at Vader and the Mandalorian. GG is all over the place with prices and scales these days. Feels like they are trying to hit a target by aiming in every direction. Did anyone ever ask for 1/7 scale product to be made? How about concentrating on making all 1/6 scale mini busts, from the OT to the PT and the ST, that have been requested for years and never get made? Did anyone ever asked for another mini bust line with different bases and smaller scale? :sleep: