Anakin Skywalker - TCW (Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary)

Reaction score
Considering how this all could have gone down I feel Target did OK with this release. By delaying the online listings, having them in stores first, and not having a hard street date it gave the average collector a fighting chance to go hunt for these. Also, since Popfindr and Brickseek weren't working for these it made it hard for a scalper to make the rounds and scoop them all up. It evened the playing field. Also, some Targets were holding them in the back and limiting the number to purchase. If it wasn't for all that I doubt I would have been able to get them.

Reaction score
Considering how this all could have gone down I feel Target did OK with this release. By delaying the online listings, having them in stores first, and not having a hard street date it gave the average collector a fighting chance to go hunt for these. Also, since Popfindr and Brickseek weren't working for these it made it hard for a scalper to make the rounds and scoop them all up. It evened the playing field. Also, some Targets were holding them in the back and limiting the number to purchase. If it wasn't for all that I doubt I would have been able to get them.
I agree EXCEPT for that they went live on the website in the middle of the night with no announcements. I would have preferred that they had them in stores first, like they did, but have an actual announcement of when (if) they are available online to stop the mad clamoring in stores.

Reaction score

I didn't appreciate having to check multiple Targets regularly, but yes, it does seem like Target was making an effort this time to foil scalpers.

Thanks to my fellow Scummers I was able to acquire Anakin and Obi-Wan, and I was able to help a few people here acquire Echo. I was able to order Hawk through Target this morning.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
but have an actual announcement of when (if) they are available online
I disagree. On the one hand it would've be nice for collectors, but conversely it would've also have given scalpers a heads up as well. If more people had known beforehand when they were going up, I guarantee these wouldn't have lasted the several hours they did.

Reaction score
I disagree. On the one hand it would've be nice for collectors, but conversely it would've also have given scalpers a heads up as well. If more people had known beforehand when they were going up, I guarantee these wouldn't have lasted the several hours they did.
It was up for a few hours, but how many who actually got them while they were up were collectors vs scalpers? I mean there is no way of really knowing, but Scalpers watch all the same groups we do, so I'm sure percentage wise, just as many went to scalpers. If anything I'm sure scalpers may pay even more attention to these things since it is a paycheck for them and their stakes are higher. All this did was punish people who sleep at night. I found mine in store so I'm fine, but I feel for the collectors who missed them.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
It was up for a few hours, but how many who actually got them while they were up were collectors vs scalpers? All this did was punish people who sleep at night.
Considering Target exclusives almost universally sell out within minutes due to bots/scalpers, I'm sure there were quite a few who were collectors this time, otherwise they wouldn't have lasted anywhere near as long as they did. Also, consider that no one knew for sure these were going up this morning, other than rumor/speculation from some websites. So, since there were no product pages up, or announcements made, I imagine many scalpers were caught asleep as well. Frankly, this was the easiest ordering experience for exclusives at Target I've had in years, and I hope they continue to do it this way.

Reaction score
Saw one on facebook, who did the face swap with the "real" real Anakin head. So much butter :)
From the 'Star Wars: A Custom 1:12 Galaxy' group:

It says: "Custom Anakin Head (Parts ROTS and and Padwan Anakin"
That’s a nice headsculpt. Wish Hasbro would update Anakin’s like this. The archive one is not quite as good.

Reaction score
I didn't appreciate having to check multiple Targets regularly, but yes, it does seem like Target was making an effort this time to foil scalpers.

Thanks to my fellow Scummers I was able to acquire Anakin and Obi-Wan, and I was able to help a few people here acquire Echo. I was able to order Hawk through Target this morning.
Yeah, pounding the pavement is never fun. It takes up time that some people may not even have due to work or other obligations.

Also, it was good that these were shipped in solid cases for each figure instead of a case assortment. That always helps.

Reaction score
Missed the chance to order them while at work, nothing at my local Target either. One store has 2 according to the site, but it won't let me order them. 50% mark up on ebay is not ideal, but it's the only way to get all four. Massachusetts Walmarts never got the clone wars sets, so I don't expect to find any of these in the wild.

Reaction score
Missed the chance to order them while at work, nothing at my local Target either. One store has 2 according to the site, but it won't let me order them. 50% mark up on ebay is not ideal, but it's the only way to get all four. Massachusetts Walmarts never got the clone wars sets, so I don't expect to find any of these in the wild.

A bunch of stores have still not got their figures yet. Some are saying as far as the 30th. You might want to wait a week and see what comes.

Reaction score
A bunch of stores have still not got their figures yet. Some are saying as far as the 30th. You might want to wait a week and see what comes.
Yeah all my local stores have only gotten cases of Anakin so far. I’ve been watching like a hawk. Hopefully this week

Reaction score
Anakin keeps coming in an out of stock for store pickup at various locations but that's essentially useless being 80 miles away, as I'm not driving that far for one figure. All the others say out of stock or not at this store at 90% of the stores in 150 mile radius.

Hawk was in stock for few minutes this morning but by the time I got to the payment screen he sold out, not that I wanted him that badly but it seem this day and age you need to alo aquire trade bait in order to get the ones you actually want. lol

IDK if I can't get these within the week I feel it might be End Game for ever finding them as usual.

Reaction score
Anakin is up to order at Target.com as of 1:10 EST.

Lasted 10 minutes. Sorry Sold out now.:(

Last edited:
Reaction score
If anyone is hard up for Anakin let me know. One of the Targets by me that sold out initially just got another case in. 5 or 6 left.

Reaction score
Mine arrived today, and I love it. Yes, the portrait isn't perfect, yet somehow I'm not bothered by that at all. It just clicks for me. :)

Reaction score
I snagged an extra Anakin today (the store only got one case of 6 Anakin's... weird!) and I'd love to trade him for either Obi or Echo!

Reaction score
Pick up 2 Anakins if anyone is still looking. Would prefer to trade... BS or TVC or Zartan Classified.

Pending trade for Zartan on one.

Attachments

• 20210530_222333.jpg
    20210530_222333.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Reaction score
Was able to snag him checking Target's website at the right time. Sculpt seems fine. Is there not a matte coat that Hasbro could use to seal the paint, instead of the gloss, especially on the face? That seems to create issues with how a number of different character's head sculpts appear.

Reaction score
Was able to snag him checking Target's website at the right time. Sculpt seems fine. Is there not a matte coat that Hasbro could use to seal the paint, instead of the gloss, especially on the face? That seems to create issues with how a number of different character's head sculpts appear.
They could but they won’t as it’s an extra paint app that would drive cost. The problem is the plastic itself is glossy so just painting around the eyes and mouth is still going to leave the majority of the face shiny. I’ve just accepted that I need to add a coat of dull-cote to the human BS faces.

Reaction score
I picked him up today on an impulse-type buy. I have the other 3 but wasn't really sold on this one. But, since I had the other 3 and happened upon him hanging on the pegs, he'll join his crew in my collection...

Reaction score
ToysRUs have done a Target and cancelled loads of these on preorder (and Obi Wan it seems). I keep saying it, but Hasbros brand is being damaged by their retail partners not being able to organise basic online ordering and stock management.

How can you have three preorder windows on release day (the first of which was hours after they were meant to go live) where you're taking orders for something that 8 weeks later you have to cancel dur to lack of stock. Why still sell it in the second and third windows? Why sell stock you've not secured?

Amazon in Canada did the same with the retro Obi Wan. And yet just to rub salt in the wound I can buy it from a third party seller on Amazon at 300% mark up.