Anakin Skywalker - TCW (Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary)

Reaction score
If I am able to get him, it's a head swap straight away.
The outfit with the armor is very cool as well as the colors!!
But the head is a no no.

Still don't get why they wanted to make a realized animated version.
Is that what they did with the Obi version too? Either way, why? :)

Reaction score
If I am able to get him, it's a head swap straight away.
The outfit with the armor is very cool as well as the colors!!
But the head is a no no.

Still don't get why they wanted to make a realized animated version.
Is that what they did with the Obi version too? Either way, why? :)

How can you tell? That guy couldn't keep the camera focused for more than a second at a time.

Reaction score
The whole shape of the head seems off, like the first Black Series Leia they did. Like it’s too circular. I don’t think it looks as bad as it did when I first saw it though.

Reaction score
Just preordered a marvel exclusive due for delivery in September. Now to hope this wave will be as easy. I doubt it.

Reaction score
It would be better if Hasbro would tell us if these exclusives will see a regular boxed release down the road. The exclusives will still sell out, but it would at least reduce the likelihood of people feeling compelled to buy from scalpers when they can just wait for a regular release.

Reaction score
It would be better if Hasbro would tell us if these exclusives will see a regular boxed release down the road. The exclusives will still sell out, but it would at least reduce the likelihood of people feeling compelled to buy from scalpers when they can just wait for a regular release.
Well-said, sharky. (y)

Reaction score
I get the feeling Merrick will see a reissue though likely not until at least next year to maybe 23 so as to not interfere with sales for this release. I can understand only having one shot at the Razor Crest or Barge, but not an action figure who had somewhat of a pivotal role. Not to mention the fact they can continue to repaint said outfit for future figures, this isn't the case of some obscure background character playing a card game just off screen.

Also lets not forget that many years ago Hasbro said that they would no longer put new figures in expensive sets as the only means to get them, which is why a lot of the times those choices re simple repacks or repaints but not essential essential main characters.

I just don't see them sticking to the idea this is the only way to get Merrick, that's anti customer friendly and opposite of their previous statements. At least in regards to needed characters/figures, and not all of them are needed such as the AT-ST Marauder figure. he's a no name.

Same can be said of this subset of TCW figures and will likely be seen in the archive line possibly as early as June of 22. Target only has the "Exclusive Rights" to these figures for one year, typically, and technically since Archive line is totally different packaging it could mean a much sooner release as it wouldn't 100% identical to the Target release. So I'm guessing they could feasibly put this wave in either TBS proper or Archive line as soon as Target's stock sells out. I'm sure they'll keep an eye out on how well it does as well as on secondary prices to see whether they need reissued.

That said I feel that just about any figure is prime candidate for reissue, just look at the Archive line so far. Several of them I didn't fee were even needed but here we are and with more coming, like Revan who I thought performed fine and was even fairly easy to acquire after a wait.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I get the feeling Merrick will see a reissue though likely not until at least next year to maybe 23 so as to not interfere with sales for this release. I can understand only having one shot at the Razor Crest or Barge, but not an action figure who had somewhat of a pivotal role. Not to mention the fact they can continue to repaint said outfit for future figures, this isn't the case of some obscure background character playing a card game just off screen.

Also lets not forget that many years ago Hasbro said that they would no longer put new figures in expensive sets as the only means to get them, which is why a lot of the times those choices re simple repacks or repaints but not essential essential main characters.

I just don't see them sticking to the idea this is the only way to get Merrick, that's anti customer friendly and opposite of their previous statements. At least in regards to needed characters/figures, and not all of them are needed such as the AT-ST Marauder figure. he's a no name.

Same can be said of this subset of TCW figures and will likely be seen in the archive line possibly as early as June of 22. Target only has the "Exclusive Rights" to these figures for one year, typically, and technically since Archive line is totally different packaging it could mean a much sooner release as it wouldn't 100% identical to the Target release. So I'm guessing they could feasibly put this wave in either TBS proper or Archive line as soon as Target's stock sells out. I'm sure they'll keep an eye out on how well it does as well as on secondary prices to see whether they need reissued.

That said I feel that just about any figure is prime candidate for reissue, just look at the Archive line so far. Several of them I didn't fee were even needed but here we are and with more coming, like Revan who I thought performed fine and was even fairly easy to acquire after a wait.
To counter, the ahsoka TCW wave hasn't been reissued or even rereleased as an exclusive so it isn't a guarantee.

Reaction score
To counter, the ahsoka TCW wave hasn't been reissued or even rereleased as an exclusive so it isn't a guarantee.

Yes, but it hasn't been a year since Walmart first listed those figures for pre-order. I assume Walmart, like Target, has a year for their exclusives.

Reaction score
Yes, but it hasn't been a year since Walmart first listed those figures for pre-order. I assume Walmart, like Target, has a year for their exclusives.
The pandemic affected this reasoning for sure. Retro wave 2 is still exclusively at Wallyworld.

Reaction score
Agreed, there's not guarantee, especially on it happening immediately after the 12 month window is up, and if that indeed is still a thing. It also may very well depend on other factors such as location of said mold when they're doing a certain wave just as it's an issue in TVC.

I'm just saying that the chances are very good due to the facts below.
A: Main Characters in popular cool looking attire
B: Clone Troopers, which are popular choices especially niche looking ones like Hawk.
C: Hasbro loves repacks because it saves them Money.

And just because it hasn't happened sooner rather than later doesn't mean it isn't going to happen, just that it hasn't happened yet.

Reaction score
As in-hand photo are coming in more and more around the web, I was wondering if :

a) anyone over has picked up Anakin yet
and
b) anyone who has, have you tried putting a Archive ROTS head on the CW figure ?

Reaction score
Went back to my local Target. Obi-Wan was gone so glad I got him yesterday but today 6 of Anakin and 6 Hawk. So grabbed them. Just need Echo then. Yay.

Reaction score
Here’s Anakin next to Mythos Kenobi til I get the CW version. I like the head a lot more in person.
PS, may have an extra Anakin, would like to trade for Kenobi or Echo but we’ll see how it goes down. Keep y’all posted...
F47E548F-44D2-4245-9A1F-0DCDF15478BD.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nothing at my targets yet. Still shows zero in kiosk and only Echo was showing for delivery today. Asked someone in Electronics and they said it hasn’t been received yet.

Reaction score
In Vancouver here, found Anakin in two targets, had to ask for someone to check the back, they were very adamant about 1 per customer and had not put them on the shelf which makes it harder to check quickly.

Reaction score
Decided to check one last Target a little ways away from the other three I checked and they had one Anakin left. They said they only got Anakin. The other stores said they haven’t gotten any of the exclusives yet. At least I finally have one, three left to go! Anakin will be displayed next to Ahsoka, Plo Koon, Fisto, Wolfe, Cody, Rex, Hondo, Ventress and Cad Bane on the CW shelf.6B1EBE41-5942-4B28-ACC4-11C2BC4FBDCF.jpeg

Reaction score
My local Target only got Anakin and Hawk. I grabbed Anakin because he’s the 1 of the 4 I wanted most. Still pissed that exclusives are now $25.
With tax one of these figures is almost $30. I don’t see how Hasbro thinks the line can survive at that cost.
If stores are going to charge an extra $5 for exclusivity then why not add some extra accessories?!

Dak_Ren Your Anakin face printing is perfect! Good find!

Reaction score
My local Target only got Anakin and Hawk. I grabbed Anakin because he’s the 1 of the 4 I wanted most. Still pissed that exclusives are now $25.
With tax one of these figures is almost $30. I don’t see how Hasbro thinks the line can survive at that cost.
If stores are going to charge an extra $5 for exclusivity then why not add some extra accessories?!

Dak_Ren Your Anakin face printing is perfect! Good find!
they survive because, everyone is buying them.

Reaction score
I would think this one and Obi wan would be easy to find. Though I am not interested in them it just proof that these have yet to hit my area.

Reaction score
2 Targets I went to in my area did not have any pegs or anything designated for these. However, when I asked a stocker to check on their device they were able to see they had them and was able to pull them from the back for me. Both times the employee seem to know all about it, and it seems this was the method they worked out locally for these figures. Hold them in the back and only bring out what the customer asked for. Also, 1 of the Targets was limiting them to 1 per of each character. A 3rd Target had pegs for each of the 4 figures, but were empty and none in back. The employee confirmed they had sold out, but did say that they were all on order. They were expecting more in any day now.

Reaction score
They are supposed to be part of an end cap display that is suppose to be set starting tomorrow. They then go in the SW Figure isle in a specific set place one week later. Not one Bothan was killed to get this information...... 🤖 ..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Saw one on facebook, who did the face swap with the "real" real Anakin head. So much butter :)
From the 'Star Wars: A Custom 1:12 Galaxy' group:

It says: "Custom Anakin Head (Parts ROTS and and Padwan Anakin"
Ok yeah, that looks great (y)