Anakin Skywalker - TCW (Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary)

Reaction score
I don’t mind the actual sculpt so much. It does evoke both the cartoon and the actor. What bothers me is the size of the head. Just too small. Looks weird in all the shots except the carded one.

Reaction score
I don’t mind the actual sculpt so much. It does evoke both the cartoon and the actor. What bothers me is the size of the head. Just too small. Looks weird in all the shots except the carded one.
Nah, I don't think the head looks to small, but the chest looks to steroid buffed, almost like they used a Vader chest, changed a few details and color 😂

Reaction score
Nah, I don't think the head looks to small, but the chest looks to steroid buffed, almost like they used a Vader chest, changed a few details and color 😂
Lol maybe that’s it’s. He is kinda Vader shaped now that I look again. Arms are kinda beefy n long too

Reaction score
In hand pics look good. Hoping to get a preorder in when it goes live on May 5th (I believe this is when us folks in UK get to order). This is my favourite look for Anakin so a must have for me

Reaction score
These go live yet? I just checked Target’s app and couldn’t find anything.

Reaction score
I thought this was interesting. TRU Canada has the pre-order up. It says they ship June 14th. Which may or may not give us a clue as to when they could show up at Targets in the US. I recall JayC with TNI mentioning that it's possible these will be part of a Target Father's Day promo similar to what they did a while back with the 3.75" retro figures and the TVC Han in Stormtrooper disguise figure where they had them in the men's clothing section around Father's Day. A June 14th ship date seems it could line up with being in stores around Father's Day on June 20th.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Hasbro original statement on US availability this morning:
We appreciate you reaching out about these Star Wars: The Clone Wars 6-inch figures and apologize for any confusion. These figures were recently available in Canada for pre-order in limited quantities, however, in the US they will only be available for purchase exclusively at Target beginning this Fall.
And the follow-up with updated info:
Just a quick update! These figures will not be available for pre-order in the US, but will be available both in store and online exclusively at Target beginning Summer 2021
Info comes via jedibusiness.com
Of course, via yakface some stores show arrival around 5/20 for in-store stock.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's good to know. This seems to go along with the whole Father's Day promo that these are supposed to line up with. And, I would think they'd want to do a live fan event prior to these going up for order/pre-order.

Reaction score
I don’t know what everyone else makes of that, but I’m guessing retailers are a bit fed up with selling preorders based on quantity counts that they never actually see fulfilled by Hasbro. I don’t hate this change but it could’ve been communicated better.

Reaction score
Yeah, I think they want to have them on hand before taking orders. I just hope they don't put any listings up before hand until they actually go live so that jerks with bots won't be able to set up shop and swipe them all.

I'm just speculating based on the TRU Canada listing saying a June 14th ship date on their pre-orders, that maybe, maybe, it is also the Target US release date which would come just before Father's Day on June 20th.

I guarantee that tons of shenanigans will go down when these actually hit Target stores and everyone and they uncle will pester employees to pull stock from the back before they are actually ready to be put out. Or, employees will buy them before the general public has access to them. So, some people will probably never see these hit a store peg or shelf.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Target is really screwing things up! This is going to be a dumpster fire!
I do remember when the skiff and the Y-wing came out in 1999-2000. The closest Target at the time was up 80 miles from where I lived which was the only option. Every time I went up there they never had it. In 2001 we finally got a Target in my area. Though things were touch and go for a little while but I found the majority of the exclusives. I just wish Target realizes fans want these. As well as scalpers of course.

Reaction score
I don’t know what everyone else makes of that, but I’m guessing retailers are a bit fed up with selling preorders based on quantity counts that they never actually see fulfilled by Hasbro. I don’t hate this change but it could’ve been communicated better.

There's some issues for sure, between both Hasbro and retailers. Hasbro has been pushing the pre-order method hard for over a year now trying to shift to a more guaranteed sales system. The bigbox stores like Target and Walmart don't want to place large amounts of stock into pre-orders or online sales at all prefering the (ancient and ceeping towards death's door) strategy that they need products in stores instead to drive more sales. But in the cases of these types of exclusives collectors will walk away empty handed and pissed out instead of stick around and dump a bunch of money into other products while out.

I guarantee that tons of shenanigans will go down when these actually hit Target stores
This is going to be chaos

For sure on both counts. It's just getting absurd. The Hasbro teams that interact with fans know all about it. Sadly, it's an issue that probably is above their pay grade. I'm sure they could take it up with higher ups, but who knows in this work climate if they feel it's a fight worth having.

Target is really screwing things up! This is going to be a dumpster fire!

Target management is stuck in the 80's. The stores are a far cry from where they were even 20 years ago.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I remember a time when Target exclusives were actually a good thing because you could almost always guarentee you'd be able to find one with their superior inventory system compared to Wal-mart and ToysRus (when they were still around). Then, there were the dark times...

Ultimately Target still is the better retailer when it comes to inventory control but the problem is there simply isn't enough supply to meet the demand. Target knows this and I'm almost certain they coordinate with Hasbro to keep the production runs low which keeps the demand going.

Reaction score
Gah, Targets in my area never have aaaanything.
I guess I'll hope to trade something for them...

Reaction score
I remember a time when Target exclusives were actually a good thing because you could almost always guarentee you'd be able to find one with their superior inventory system compared to Wal-mart and ToysRus (when they were still around). Then, there were the dark times...

Ultimately Target still is the better retailer when it comes to inventory control but the problem is there simply isn't enough supply to meet the demand. Target knows this and I'm almost certain they coordinate with Hasbro to keep the production runs low which keeps the demand going.
If that’s the case they are going to piss off a lot of people.

Reaction score
There's some issues for sure, between both Hasbro and retailers. Hasbro has been pushing the pre-order method hard for over a year now trying to shift to a more guaranteed sales system. The bigbox stores like Target and Walmart don't want to place large amounts of stock into pre-orders or online sales at all prefering the (ancient and ceeping towards death's door) strategy that they need products in stores instead to drive more sales. But in the cases of these types of exclusives collectors will walk away empty handed and pissed out instead of stick around and dump a bunch of money into other products while out.

My read on things is that Target has no problem selling items online, but they’d rather do it based on stock in hand, case in point yesterday’s restock of the Carbonized Mandalorian. Eddie from Dorkside said in that recent interview that retailers may only ever see 10-20% of their requested or allotted stock by Hasbro these days, so assuming that Target is to some degree affected by Hasbro shorting everyone, that forces them to either take preposterously shallow preorders online or shed off preorders when stock doesn’t arrive as promised, both of which we are well aware that they’ve been doing lately. This pivot to taking orders only when they have stock may be designed in part to get feet into stores, but I think it’s mainly so they don’t have to manage expectations so frequently when they’ve taken more preorders than they can actually fulfill.

Reaction score
Hasbro original statement on US availability this morning:

And the follow-up with updated info:

Info comes via jedibusiness.com
Of course, via yakface some stores show arrival around 5/20 for in-store stock.

Thanks for staying on top of this and sharing the news you find. I am glad that another day went by without me missing the preorder...but eventually that day will come. As others have said, my fingers remain crossed that regular-box re-releases are on tap down the road.

Reaction score
My read on things is that Target has no problem selling items online, but they’d rather do it based on stock in hand, case in point yesterday’s restock of the Carbonized Mandalorian. Eddie from Dorkside said in that recent interview that retailers may only ever see 10-20% of their requested or allotted stock by Hasbro these days, so assuming that Target is to some degree affected by Hasbro shorting everyone, that forces them to either take preposterously shallow preorders online or shed off preorders when stock doesn’t arrive as promised, both of which we are well aware that they’ve been doing lately. This pivot to taking orders only when they have stock may be designed in part to get feet into stores, but I think it’s mainly so they don’t have to manage expectations so frequently when they’ve taken more preorders than they can actually fulfill.
If Target can't handle the pre-order situation, then they have no right requesting exclusives IMO

Reaction score
I do miss the old days of Toys R Us. Pretty much guaranteed to have it in plenty of stock to the point you could buy it on sale months later or apply all your rewards and coupons to it.

Target really only recently became a problem for me with Mando and the Child- which I did successfully obtain. So, I remain hopeful that I will get these two either in store or online. Ventress is so lonely without them to duel.