Anakin Skywalker - TCW (Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary)

Reaction score
Anakin Skywalker based on his look from the original run of The Clone Wars.
Target Exclusive. DPCI: 087-16-4919. $24.99. The press release states that these will be available Summer 2021, but inventory checks show these as arriving in-store on or around 5/20. Was the previously codenamed "Sun".

From the starwars.com article:
Eric Franer said:
Our team definitely felt like the portrait was in need of an update, so we decided to take another crack at it for this figure! For this sculpt it was important for us to find the sweet spot between [Star Wars: Attack of the Clones and Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith], so his hair isn’t quite as long as in Revenge of the Sith.

HD Images

Spoiler:  

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, the head looks bad. Look more like Cal Kestis than Anakin. Will need a head swap.
The head isn't great, but I'm still buying this figure. It has been on my wanted list for awhile.

Edit: Looking more at the head sculpt, I wonder if Hasbro tried to infuse the animated version with more Hayden Christensen in order to achieve the realistic aesthetic of the Black Series?

Reaction score
Well, the head looks bad. Look more like Cal Kestis than Anakin. Will need a head swap.
I was going to say that he looks modeled more on Matt Lantner than Hayden Christensen!

Reaction score
That is a nice looking figure. Love the packaging too.

Reaction score
Well, considering that the TPM 50th are a BestBuy exclusive, I wonder if these will be a general release or exclusive. With that said, PLEASE DO NOT make these a WalMart exclusive. They SUCK! I have had the least luck finding theirs in the past.

I love these card backs and packaging. I can't wait to hopefully find these.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, considering that the TPM 50th are a BestBuy exclusive, I wonder if these will be a general release or exclusive. With that said, PLEASE DO NOT make these a WalMart exclusive. They SUCK! I have had the least luck finding there's in the past.

I love these card backs and packaging. I can't wait to hopefully find these.
They're a Target exclusive, and as the Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary figures have all been store exclusives, we'll probably get a wave of Walmart exclusives this year. Hopefully Walmart gets boring figures which few of us want. 😄

Reaction score
I think all we know for now is that they are currently on the way to Target distribution centers and have an expected arrival date in stores on or about May 19. So maybe May 4th?

It would be nice if this time they: 1. Stick to the announced preorder time, 2. Allocate larger quantities for preorder, 3. Limit preorders to 1 or 2, & 4. Don't put the product pages up until the preorder time so bot scripts can't be prepared beforehand. Even then we may only get an extra minute or so before selling out. 😖

Reaction score
Dont know why, and it doesn't evene make sense, but the more I check the pictures, to me this new Anakin has some Jake Lloyd influence 🤔

Reaction score
This is a must have to go along with CW Ashoka. Damn you Target exclusive! Does Hasbro really expect us to believe this wouldn't see a release if not for it being a store exclusive which is what they've been telling us. I mean, if they can't justify this figure as a regular release above a lot of other crappy character choices (cough, Jar Jar, cough) then the marketing team needs to be fired.

Hey, Hasbro, next time make a dumb character like Jar Jar exclusive and give that slot to something better.

Reaction score
The head does look weird. But I'm hoping it'll look better in person or I'll try to use one of the Archive heads.

Reaction score
I like the choice of the season 1-3 costumes for Anakin and Obi-Wan. Their looks from Seasons 3-7 too closely resemble their looks in Revenge of the Sith. Hasbro was wise in going back to Seasons 1-3 for a more unique look for these characters.

When Hasbro does bad, it does really bad. But when it does good, as it did with today's announcements, it does really good.

Reaction score
Another winning figure. Fingers crossed these figures are attainable...

Reaction score
WANT! :love:

This is such a vast improvement on the original and even the Archive releases. Beautiful looking sculpt! Can't wait to have him with Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, Rex, and the boys!

Reaction score
The head sculpt isn't great, but it's not terrible. It's sufficient, and maybe it's better than what we see here. We all know Hasbro occasionally takes terrible product pictures.

The figure is certainly a vast improvement over the vintage collection version. I am curious to see how a head swap will look, though.

Reaction score
Incredible looking figures, this and the Obi-Wan especially. I agree the head looks a little odd, and the armour makes him look a touch too barrel-chested, but clean all round.

But now I'm going to have to start collecting both clone trooper phases to go with Clone Wars and Movie display:rolleyes:

Reaction score
I don't know, after checking out the images over at The Toy Ark, I'm kind of warming up to the head sculpt.

Reaction score
Looks to me like they started with the CW animated Anakin look and turned it into a realistic style as opposed to doing a Hayden Christensen likeness. I mean I never thought the animated version looked much like Hayden in the first place. I kind of like the head sculpt. I look at it and immediately know it's the CW animated Anakin as opposed to the live action actor dress up in the animated costume.

Bottom line is that I really like the look of armored Jedi ready for battle. I'll take them all. I hope they do a CW Mace and some of the others.

GNT

Reaction score
Nice to see the Clone Wars expand in the 6” scale. I would never have thought they’d do this release.

Reaction score
Looks to me like they started with the CW animated Anakin look and turned it into a realistic style as opposed to doing a Hayden Christensen likeness. I mean I never thought the animated version looked much like Hayden in the first place. I kind of like the head sculpt. I look at it and immediately know it's the CW animated Anakin as opposed to the live action actor dress up in the animated costume.

Bottom line is that I really like the look of armored Jedi ready for battle. I'll take them all. I hope they do a CW Mace and some of the others.
Plo Koon is a must!