Anakin Skywalker (Season 3) - CW45

GNT

Reaction score
Here we go here's the season 3 Anakin Skywalker figure. Picture from CommanderPheonix

Anyone going to pick this one up?

Reaction score
yeah picking him up! sculpt looks top notch and i think the articulation is great as well—im hoping for a plastic & soft goods skirt combo, ankles as well.

Reaction score
Shove hand = no 2-handed saber poses.

Besides that, it's a winner. Wish I could say the same for Ashoka...

Reaction score
Looks like the best Anakin in the CW line. Not the best as it could have been, as I am not a fan of the Force shove hand, but a guranteed buy, nonetheless.

Reaction score
capt_kulas said:
im hoping for a plastic & soft goods skirt combo, ankles as well.
Don't bother. He's going to be like the new Obi-Wan.

Reaction score
UNIT01 said:
capt_kulas said:
im hoping for a plastic & soft goods skirt combo, ankles as well.
Don't bother. He's going to be like the new Obi-Wan.
yeah, i have that feeling he'll have the same lower body construction as 3.5 obi, hope to be wrong though. still, the sculpt is great, probably the best cw anakin sculpt so far

GNT

Reaction score
oddball999 said:
Ok we need a new anakin right???
Of course we do, we needed his season 3 outfit so we could stick him with Obi-Wan and Ahsoka

Reaction score
Now this is more like it! IMO ,this outfit is more like how Anakin shld be. A must buy for me. A+ Hasbro. I tip my hat to you.

Reaction score
Force shove hands usually bug me, but when this figure gets repackaged to death I can only imagine it'll take one or two more times to get two closed fists. Plus he'll look cool fighting Savage with a Force hand.

Reaction score
I see nothing great about this Anakin, at least from the fuzzy pic. I'll probably stick with space helmet Ani, unless I have to buy this in bundle like the last wave.

Reaction score
I'm excited about all the other new cw figures (especially s3 ashoka and riot trooper) but the new anakin does nothing for me. He's a pass.

Reaction score
still think the deluxe figure from the Anakin & dessert skiff is the best CW Anakin to be released yet. Take off the parka & you'll have the best Ani !

Reaction score

I will definitely buy this figure when it comes out. The mechanical hand (shown near his feet) is a nice touch to the figure.

Reaction score
Better picture of Anakin...now I'm not so much diggin' his head.

GNT

Reaction score
Not a pretty face at all up close. Get it away, get it away!

Reaction score
Head sculpt looks weird

I'm really reluctant to get one when I see it - just really think Hasbro will release a better looking one soon after, like they did before.

Hmm....

Reaction score
Think I'll swap his head with the space suit Anakin (which in my opinion was the best animated head).

Reaction score
For the promo shot I think it's more a case of a weird paint job than the head sculpt. I bet the packaged version ends up fine.

Reaction score
starhorse said:
For the promo shot I think it's more a case of a weird paint job than the head sculpt. I bet the packaged version ends up fine.
I hope so, but if not I have that Anakin head in my parts drawer ready to swap out.

Reaction score
Still don't like his head...I'm definitely going head swap on this one.

Reaction score
While I probably won't be buying this figure (I stick to realistic versions of Obi and Anakin) I do think it is super cool how these character models are evolving to their Ep III likeness.

EDIT: I think the head sculpt is fantastic.

Reaction score
capt_kulas said:
what i like about the cw heads is that they look more animated than ever and thus truer to the show.
Very true...especially the new Obi-Wan. I just love that figure!

Reaction score
I don't see what's wrong with the headsculpt personally.
The fully plastic tunic really hinders this figure from being great.
What's the point of even incorporating swivel legs and knees when you can't move them properly?

I will pass on him for now and wait for the inevitable kitbash with a soft good tunic.