Anakin Skywalker - Padawan - Episode I - VC80

Reaction score
Cool, can't wait to see them.

I also did a couple, using the head from that Padawan from the Disney set, and the little blonde girl w/pigtails from Spy kids.

Reaction score
So I added 2 more younglins/padawans to my display (pics to come). I swapped Zett Jukassa's head with Anakin's head and painted their outfits dark brown, painted Jukassa's hair black, snapped the helmet over Anakin;s head (now in Jukassa's body) so his familiar face is concealed :grin:

Sorry, not a very good pic, but you get the idea

Photo04191957.jpg

Reaction score
Finally got around to play with this figure and was surprised at how nice it is.

IMG_31534.jpg

IMG_31543.jpg

IMG_31554.jpg

IMG_31563.jpg

IMG_31571.jpg

Reaction score
Pretty good looking padawan Anakin figure. Good figure to use for extended universe missions like doing some made up missions with little Ani and Obi Wan doing diplomatic jobs or whatever

Reaction score
Pretty good looking padawan Anakin figure. Good figure to use for extended universe missions like doing some made up missions with little Ani and Obi Wan doing diplomatic jobs or whatever

Welcome back Shutzie!, wow your ability to create multiple accounts is amazing :|

Reaction score
Several years ago, I cut up a robe and made it to fit Even Piell so that he can sit in his Jedi Council chair; originally I made it for the 2003-2004 SAGA "realistic" version, because he couldn't sit unless you totally stripped him of his hard rubber robe entirely, which made the figure look awful(not that it wasn't bad enough to begin with, lol). But I've since passed that short soft goods robe down to the CW version of Even, as he is much better suited to sit in a council chair than the original version anyhow.

Thus, decided to do the same for this Anakin figure, so he can have a soft goods robe to move in. It's quite a tedious process and sometimes comes out a little too bulky if you don't use the correct material robe, but if you have the ability to sew something small(or maybe have someone that can help you sew it), I would suggest trying it out. I guarantee you that you will like this figure 10 times better than you do now. With having BOTH a soft goods and hard rubber, hood-up Robert you have the EpI version still in hand), I consider this the definitive EpI Anakin Padawan.

Reaction score
Yeah, I've gotten a couple around $3-5. He's great for Padawan Customs! I just wish that Hasbro could see the repaint opportunities with him, for some possible multipacks. Like The Younglings form ROTS, or even a few from TCW!

Reaction score
Definitely not one I ever would’ve expected to get a re-release. But I’m grateful because he’s missing from my collection and he has some high prices on the secondary market!

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Part of the 2022 Specialty Reissue Wave 1. Code-named "Princeton". Has photoreal deco.

Available for pre-order beginning today, October 22nd, at 5:00pm ET. See links at end of post. On shelf Summer 2022. MSRP is $13.99.

Press Images

VC-Anakin-Skywalker-VC80-TPM-Reissue-Loose-1-Resized.jpg
VC-Anakin-Skywalker-VC80-TPM-Reissue-Loose-2-Resized.jpg

VC-Anakin-Skywalker-VC80-TPM-Reissue-Loose-3-Resized.jpg
VC-Anakin-Skywalker-VC80-TPM-Reissue-Loose-4-Resized.jpg

VC-Anakin-Skywalker-VC80-TPM-Reissue-Loose-5-Resized.jpg
VC-Anakin-Skywalker-VC80-TPM-Reissue-Loose-6-Resized.jpg

VC-Anakin-Skywalker-VC80-TPM-Reissue-Loose-7-Resized.jpg
VC-Anakin-Skywalker-VC80-TPM-Reissue-Loose-8-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
VC-Anakin-Skywalker-VC80-TPM-Reissue-Loose-2.jpg

VC-Anakin-Skywalker-VC80-TPM-Reissue-Loose-4.jpg

VC-Anakin-Skywalker-VC80-TPM-Reissue-Loose-6.jpg

Gamestop

Last edited:
Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Did they mention anything about using thicker card stock for these VC releases?
As Patrick mentioned in the July Brand Team Q&As, they are moving toward a thicker card stock for all Retro & TVC starting later this year and possibly into next. Since these new TVC reveals won't arrive until August, I can't imagine them not having the thicker cards.

GNT

Reaction score
Most bizarre choice to reissue, not sure anyone was truely asking for it But I suppose it’s good to get an Anakin back on the shelves.

Reaction score
I was jobless for about six months back in those days and while l never missed out on any figures, l do regret not being able to pick up the Hoth VC AT-AT MIMB. That and the Republic Gunship haunt me to this very day.

Reaction score
Most bizarre choice to reissue, not sure anyone was truely asking for it But I suppose it’s good to get an Anakin back on the shelves.

I agree, I wonder what their estimate is for new collectors that are out there and interested in buying these? Likewise, I've always wondered how many MOC collectors are buying duplicates of figures that they already own carded, in order to get these slight updates. Personally, I don't think the deco on this one is an improvement.

Reaction score
But didn't you say that you despise the Prequels? lol

I hear ya though, there are several Jedi I wouldn't mind them reissuing, Anakin simply isn't one of them because I bought so many for custom fodder. Not that they shouldn't as other people may actually want him out again, I'll simply pass. The thing is, I feel we're only seeing these three because they were in TVC once before, but I doubt we'll see any of the great ones from TLC. Speaking of we've got to be nearing completion of seeing TVC repacks into TVC 2.0 right?

Reaction score
I might pick it up for the lulz if I see it on the pegs or something. That head sculpt, though. Oof! I don't know who that figure is supposed to resemble, but it ain't young Anakin that's for sure.