Anakin Skywalker - No.1

Reaction score
Re: CW: Anakin Skywalker

Looks pretty cool. I hope he'll be able to sit.

Already while attending The Clone Wars panel at Celebration IV, I remember thinking how Hasbro is going to solve the tunika/ obi issue.
I was hoping for cloth like on the upcoming Deluxe German with motorcycle from the Indy Line.
Maybe though, these will be removeable.

Reaction score

What's with the freakin' wrist-mounted slime cannon? Ani gonna go ghostbusting?

Reaction score

I actually kind of like the outfit. With a new head, it might not even be that bad. Also, that wrist cannon is hilarious.

Reaction score

CaptainJack said:
Also, that wrist cannon is hilarious.
"Force Launching Attack! ... From a Cannon!"

Man-o-man, who is doing these accessories? Mattel? Its like the frickin' Batman line!

Reaction score

Another one that I'll have no problem passing on. I'm really glad Hasbro ended up going with animated looks on these. It's going to save me a decent amount of money over the course of the year.

Reaction score

Not terrible, but what is that on his arm?

Reaction score

Now if this one didn't have that arm action thingie I would consdier getting one, but it's going to be a big pass for me....

Reaction score

Removable for me too. I can see Hasbro trying to please both kids and collectors with this line and they know how much most of us hate action features, especially oversized unrealistic weapons.

Reaction score

Doesn't really look like Anakin to me, which is fine. He can be a random background Jedi.

Reaction score

Love it as long as the wrist cannon is removable. I'm glad Hasbro went the animated route, since I already must have a couple dozen realistic Anakins scattered around.

Sol

Reaction score

I like the outfit on this one, but not enough to actually, you know, buy it... but the outfit is nice...

Reaction score

I actually like the outfit and will more than likely buy it. Unless I end up disliking the cartoon but from the looks of it I like it so far.

Yeah, not a big fan of the wrist thing.

Reaction score

If these figures turn out to be as articulated as Hasbro says they are going to be they may make for a fun sub-line and a great way to get kids (a.k.a. future collectors) in the door. I am curious to see what the rest of the line is going to look like. As for Anakin's "action" feature, if all else fails I have a Xacto saw that will make it removable.

Reaction score

I think this looks to be the best figure I've seen out of the animated line, in a way the action features are good to get kids interested again, at least they're removeable too.

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Anakin Skywalker

Hi-Res image of Anakin, click to enlarge!

Reaction score

Well, do you guys still believe that to be SA? Cuz I'm willing to bet those legs don't move much.

GNT

Reaction score

Cramer said:
Well, do you guys still believe that to be SA? Cuz I'm willing to bet those legs don't move much.
We'll have to see some better pictures but he has articulated arms and that which is good enough for me.

Reaction score

Hard to tell for sure, but it looks like his left wrist/forearm won't swivel. That area shows no real gap like on the right arm, and the slot for the elbow hinge seems like it comes a lot closer to the gauntlet than on the right. Yet the hand does appear to be in a slightly different position in each photo, while the elbow area looks about the same... we'll see! Doesn't look like any ankles in the hi-res, but there could be knees lurking under there.

So few of these will likely be fully SA... but we're still getting plenty of those in the Legacy Collection (Bane Malar for instance; only just saw a good shot of a ball elbow on him a little while ago in the Sandstorm Luke thread)

Sol

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
Hard to tell for sure, but it looks like his left wrist/forearm won't swivel.
Perhaps it swivels right where the joint meets the bicep?

Reaction score

Yeah it swivels there, both arms do. I meant below the elbow, it just looks a bit iffy since that hinge slot is so close to the base of his left gauntlet, while there's a nice gap between the two on the right arm, with a very obvious 'wrist/forearm' swivel. The left arm has no 'meat' below the joint to serve as a solid base for a separate glove to pop onto and swivel around.

edit: lookin again, it seems the arm above the glove might go INTO the glove a bit, so there may be enough arm there for a solid base after all. So that's good! Hides the articulation nicely if that's the case, with the glove overlapping the sleeve. Still no ankles and POSSIBLY no knees, but good arms for posing.

Sol

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
I meant below the elbow
I knew what you meant, but having a swivel above and below the ball-joint would be redundant. It appears that these figures lack some articulation, maybe Hasbro thought that was good enough.

Toonimator said:
The left arm has no 'meat' below the joint to serve as a solid base for a separate glove to pop onto and swivel around.
Why would one want a separate glove for the left arm?

Reaction score

For wrist articulation. Some figures have wrist articulation right where the hand meets the forearm, others (like most ROTS Anakin right hands, or VOTC farmer Luke) up closer to to the elbow. I don't see any redundancy in that.

Uki

Reaction score

Do these have ball-joint necks? Because if they do, we can conceivably swap a good (realistic) Anakin head onto the otherwise "good-enough to fit in" body for our main line collections.

Reaction score

I really hope we get a realistic version of him in the TLC line.

Reaction score

The wrist cannon looks like it'll make the figure difficult to pose without a stand; may be it's light enough that it won't matter. I like the outfit, and hopefully, the figure is well articulated.

Reaction score

I'd just ditch the wrist-cannon altogether... no standing problems then! (unless they're like JLU figures anyway...)

Reaction score

Ehh....

The figure is decent but I agree about the accessories...

I think I'll be skipping this one.

Reaction score

GNT said:
Hi-Res image of Anakin, click to enlarge!

Good god I hope we get a realistic version of that in the TLC line. I've said it before but in those pics it almost looks close enough. In the 3.75 line, with a soft goods skirts thing, and ball jointed elbows/knees/ankles, and a cape, hell, it'd be perfect.

Reaction score

I also want this outfit for a realistic Anakin, but was thinkin of getting this one anyway. Still on the fence, tho the news about lack of knees was annoying.

Reaction score

Like this custom job, but better/more accurately painted/sculpted and with a soft goods cape and skirt:

GNT

Reaction score

That looks ok but I'd still stick with Hasbros's offerings lol.

Reaction score

A quick comparison with the Order 66 Ani:

Reaction score

I got this guy today-while I'm happy the action feature is removeable, I'm disappointed that there is no leg articulation.