Anakin Skywalker AOTC - #**

GNT

Reaction score
have just revealed that we'll be seeing an AOTC Anakin Skywalker in the Black Series line. Thoughts on this figure?

Reaction score
He's got no prosthetic limbs in this version, so there's that. It's hard to judge the figure with these skewed images we have so far.
But all that said.. you can't buy AOTC Obi and not have Anakin beside him and vice versa. So I'm gonna have to have them both for my shelves.

Reaction score
This, along with AOTC Obi-Wan, has been near the top of my wish list for a long time now!

Just out of curiosity, would anybody be interested in a TPM child Anakin now? It’s one that I’ve wanted ever since the line began but don’t imagine there would be much demand for it?

Reaction score
This, along with AOTC Obi-Wan, has been near the top of my wish list for a long time now!

Just out of curiosity, would anybody be interested in a TPM child Anakin now? It’s one that I’ve wanted ever since the line began but don’t imagine there would be much demand for it?
I could almost see it being given a short run in a wave with Jar Jar, just to test the market perhaps, but I bet it would sell.

Of course they better triple pack Jar Jar in a wave like that.

Reaction score
A little put out that he doesn't come with a green lightsaber for his off-hand weapon. Not that the dual-wielding lasted longer than a few seconds in the movie, but I always felt like there were a ton of promo pictures of him using two sabers and as a kid that was SO exciting to me. Ah well, I'll just have to find an extra.

Reaction score
Finally! Can start making some Geonosis Arena scenes with some more additions.

Reaction score
I feel like his face is pretty off in those glamour shots. I still ordered him. I hope he look better in person. I know Padme ended up looking better in person.

Reaction score
I feel like his face is pretty off in those glamour shots. I still ordered him. I hope he look better in person. I know Padme ended up looking better in person.
This is one I can genuinely hold off on until I see in-hand pics or in a store. I already have the SHF AOTC Anakin.

Reaction score
Every day, I scroll past the Hasbro Pulse link when checking my usual webpages for news. After peak periods of new Star Wars product (like TFF), I ask myself, "Why bother checking HP? They won't have anything new posted."

Thank the Force I checked today: I preordered one AOTC Anakin Skywalker. Too bad it, like the ROTS version, doesn't come with a Jedi cloak. Whatever ... I'm just glad I didn't miss the preorder.

Reaction score
These are also up for preorder on BBTS and amazon right now.
I haven't checked any where else though.

Reaction score
I may pick this one up, maybe not. I'm a huge Obi-wan fan so more likely to get AOTC Obi-wan and pass on this. I have the ROTS version of Anakin, which is my favorite, especially with sith eyes. As primarily an OT collector, that one is enough for me.

Reaction score
Guess I didn’t notice when the photos first came out, but looks like the figure is almost completely re-used from the ROTS Anakin. Only new parts are the head and the right forearm. Oh well, not surprised since it’s much cheaper, but was really getting used to the nice new Jedi bodies with butterfly joints and double-jointed necks.

Reaction score
Guess I didn’t notice when the photos first came out, but looks like the figure is almost completely re-used from the ROTS Anakin. Only new parts are the head and the right forearm. Oh well, not surprised since it’s much cheaper, but was really getting used to the nice new Jedi bodies with butterfly joints and double-jointed necks.
I love the new SHF-style knee joints but this wave seems to be using the older Jedi bodies with the older knee joints.

Reaction score
I love the new SHF-style knee joints but this wave seems to be using the older Jedi bodies with the older knee joints.
It’s hard to say until they’re in-hand, but based on pics it looks like Plo uses the Mace body and both AOTC Obi and Kit use the TPM Obi body. So Anakin is stuck with the old 2014 mold but at least the others have 2019 bodies.

Reaction score
How disappointing then. I will still keep my preorders for Anakin and Kenobi but I may end up not keeping them in hand. Plo and Kit are staying no matter what articulation problems they have, just need them in my collection!

Reaction score
looks like he does have butterfly joints on his shoulders, not the same body mold from the Anakin from ROTS.

Reaction score
Anyone know if Obi-Wan is still coming in this wave? There haven't been any boxed shots of him yet.

Reaction score
Anyone know if Obi-Wan is still coming in this wave? There haven't been any boxed shots of him yet.
He better be, with all the trouble i went through just to pre-order him! lol
I truly do not know why he sold out so fast at all the usual places.

Reaction score
There's a review of this figure finally on Youtube. The Good; the likeness is actually pretty decent. The Bad, the figure's lightsaber is repaint of his OT Darth Vader self, and the reviewer's figure was missing his tunic. I really, really, really hope that it was just a single dud and not a widespread issue!

Reaction score
There's a review of this figure finally on Youtube. The Good; the likeness is actually pretty decent. The Bad, the figure's lightsaber is repaint of his OT Darth Vader self, and the reviewer's figure was missing his tunic. I really, really, really hope that it was just a single dud and not a widespread issue!
From all the pictures I've seen it's every figure. And with this being the last of the Red-Line boxes I don't see it being fixed either - a little dissapointing...

Reaction score
Weird...my AOTC Anakin and Obi-Wan were placed in the same pre-order, but I got a shipping notice on my Anakin this morning, but not the Obi-Wan.

Reaction score
From all the pictures I've seen it's every figure. And with this being the last of the Red-Line boxes I don't see it being fixed either - a little dissapointing...
Of course this is the case. This is the cheapest wave of figures Hasbro has released. For FIVE “new” figures, they tooled 4 new heads, 2 new sets of hands, and one new robe. Everything else is cheap, lazy repainting and repacking, and half of those details are wrong altogether. Horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Of course this is the case. This is the cheapest wave of figures Hasbro has released. For FIVE “new” figures, they tooled 4 new heads, 2 new sets of hands, and one new robe. Everything else is cheap, lazy repainting and repacking, and half of those details are wrong altogether. Horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obi Wan is an all new figure, I'm not sure of the head because they could have used the Walgreen exclusive Clone Wars Obi Wan.
The Anakin used most parts of the ROTS Anakin, however the torso is new since it have butterflie shoulders, and maybe new hands.
Plo Koon looks like Mace Windu, however they put a neck covering to be more realistic, since pretty much all the Jedi robes are very similar.
Kit Fisto seems to be all reused, but looks very good too.

Reaction score
Obi Wan is an all new figure, I'm not sure of the head because they could have used the Walgreen exclusive Clone Wars Obi Wan.
The Anakin used most parts of the ROTS Anakin, however the torso is new since it have butterflie shoulders, and maybe new hands.
Plo Koon looks like Mace Windu, however they put a neck covering to be more realistic, since pretty much all the Jedi robes are very similar.
Kit Fisto seems to be all reused, but looks very good too.
From the reviews I've seen Anakin does not have Butterfly Shoulders, the only new parts are a new head, right arm and waistband/tabbards. Obi-Wan is the exact same as the TPM Body with a new head.