AMC's The Walking Dead

Reaction score
I forgot that I still have AMC Premiere so I actually watched last nights episode on Friday and while I was pleasantly surprised with how it turned out it made me wonder why it happened now, with, what, three more episodes in the season left? I guess its good that they didn't drag it out any further, to the season finale, and they learned their lesson from doing that in the past. So next week is Michonne and I am guess finishing her arc for the rest of the season?

Reaction score
IMO, a way awesome episode, somehow reminded me when the group was split apart after the Greene farm overrun or the Prison battle 👍🏻😎

I am wondering, if Carol was kind of sarcastic or was she in co-op mode with Negan all the time.

As for the remaining episodes, I can forsee Eugene meeting with radiogirl, the still missing return of Maggie, arc finale for Michonne, a search for Connie, and maybe a final confrontation with Beta, either killed by Negan, Aaron or Daryl

Reaction score
Aaron should be the one to deliver the final blow to Beta. Jesus' death was the start of the war, and now with Mary/Gamma being killed it would make sense.

Reaction score
I also expected something more "spectacular"
So THIS looks like she either ends up int the Rick movie(s) or she ends up returning sometime later

Reaction score
So the season finale was cancelled due to Corona Virus.

It's gonna air as a "special episode" at some point in the future.

Reaction score
So the season finale was cancelled due to Corona Virus.

It's gonna air as a "special episode" at some point in the future.

at the way the writing of this show is going I wouldn't be surprised if TWD uses the Covid-19 virus as the main reason the Zombie Apocalypse happened in the 1st place.

(and yes this is a joke. not trying to offend anyone or make like of this deadly virus. It just seems that a lot of people are on edge lately over this and it's becoming a toxic place where people are attacking people over views)

Reaction score
usually post production, editing is going on while the current season is still airing. as with this current example, editing of those final episodes edges pretty close to the season finales, this is just a really weird occurrence where it has happened and we see it

Reaction score
Pretty weak send-off for Michonne. Wasn't satisfied with that exit at all. The way both her and Rick were willing to abandon their kids just rings so completely false. When the time-jump happened after Rick's departure, I felt the show was starting to feel fresh again, but it has been gradually declining in quality ever since returning from that mid-season break. The writing drives me bonkers at least every other week. The stuff with Carol in the caves......good lord....so infuriating. Never followed the comics, so no idea how much story is left, but really hoping that next season - whenever that ends up being - is the last. Time to put an arrow through the head of Walking Dead.

Reaction score
Weird. I assumed the whole season is in the can before the first episode airs.
yeah filming for a given season ends in Nov. after the same season premiers a few weeks prior. Given they start filming in May, Mid-may to mid 0ct is 5 months so backtrack five months before end of March is end of Nov, but given they (editing, post production crew)take a few weeks off at Christmas/New years it now does make a bit of since that the final episode got catch up in this shut-down. Still though, I imaging a lot of this may been done on computer, unless reshoots were required and slowed that down a bit. So I'm sure the home release will be delayed now as well unless the add 1016 to the season 11 home edition as a bonus, but the former is more likely. Season 11 hasn't started filming, but scouting locations should have if not was scheduled VERY soon. So who knows, premier of S11 my end up delayed. Not sure why the new spin off was delayed unless it too is still in post production. Initial reports was something like "due to not causing panic among TV viewers in light of current situation" or some PC crap. My wife and I were planning to goes down to GA for vacation again in June, to tour the sets (or what is allowed- 1.5 years ago, we got to tour select spots inside Alexandria, Heapster junkyard, Oceanside, & Hilltop when they opened that up for special tours) but not sure if we can now.

Reaction score
The way both her and Rick were willing to abandon their kids just rings so completely false.

I disagree. Michonne was coming back but Judith told her to go after Rick. With Rick he was impaled, almost bled out, blew up a bridge to save everyone he cared for, then taken away in a helicopter. After that we don't know what's going on. Rick could be held against his will for all we know. There has to be a reason why Rick hasn't tried to find his way back. If/when the movies get made I'm sure we'll find out more.

Reaction score
^ supposedly, Rick movie #1 is due this Dec in theaters. My wife read a read a release online a couple nights ago. I'm sure a teaser/trailer would've been dropped at SDCC this July but who knows the fate of SDCC2020 now.

Reaction score
They won't release it this year. Once things get back to normal, every week is gonna be packed with heavy hitters, looking to get their week in the sun at the box office.

This first movie will likely get the Breaking Bad El Camino treatment, or pushed to sometime next year.

Reaction score
Last I heard the movie hasn't even begun production yet. Maybe early pre-production, like writing or storyboards, but no filming has happened yet. So considering all filming for every production has shut down due to the pandemic, there's no way the Rick movie will be filmed and ready to go by the end of the year.

Reaction score
gotta say.. I liked Negan in Sunday's episode. He was almost back to being the Negan from back when he was 1st introduced. I also kinda enjoyed seeing Carol being mentally tortured in the episode. all in all not a bad episode. I'm curious to see how everything wraps up on this season (even though we have to wait to see the last episode due to the pandemic of Covid-19).

Reaction score
OH MY GOD HI!

Sorry couldn't resist lol. I also enjoyed the Negan scenes. We definitely need more of Daryl and Negan. I loved the part where Negan asks for the shotgun and the Whisperer had this look on his face like "Oh yes, I'm so sorry here you go." haha. I was also laughing like Ezekiel was with the walkers tied up.

Definitely a filler episode but still enjoyable.

Reaction score
-I really wanted to like the Princess (haven't read the comics) but man that was pretty painful to watch.
-So they just moved to a tower all of a sudden, and everyone of course is there? This new show runner tends to do stuff that makes you feel you missed something then they backtrack the next episode to explain it. (Dante/Carol&Negan) I guess they sorta explained it in this episode
-Judith...why all of a sudden do you care about them so much?
-When did Beta have the time to properly dry Alpha's skin to wear as a mask?
-Who does Aaron see when he turns around leading the Whisperers? Is it Negan?

Reaction score
Beta was a cool bad guy last season, but all this season has done for him is hammer home how apt the name Beta is for him. Watching him finally snap is wholly unsatisfying and goofy.

Reaction score
Beta was a cool bad guy last season, but all this season has done for him is hammer home how apt the name Beta is for him. Watching him finally snap is wholly unsatisfying and goofy.

Yeah, I don't necessarily have a problem with the character in general, I'm just not buying into the way the show is trying to present him.

Reaction score
hopefully having an endgame planned helps with the overall quality. they probably should've kept the spinoff as a surprise though. Daryl was only really great as a side character, has not been great as the lead, just uninteresting

Reaction score
I guess they needed 7 months to render that PS2 looking horde falling off a cliff and to spoil Daryl & Carol’s fate by announcing their sequel series.

Reaction score
Pretty underwhelming
World Beyond looks bad
Man how the overall brand has just been tarnished, fallen

Reaction score
I guess they needed 7 months to render that PS2 looking horde falling off a cliff and to spoil Daryl & Carol’s fate by announcing their sequel series.
Good grief that was awful! And I thought the deer, or trash heap scene was horrid cgi - this takes the prize.

Reaction score
Beek - your posts from years ago to now are night and day, which is completely understandable. Did you ever imagine it would come to this?

Reaction score
I’m confuse, was the guy on the horse the same guy Michener helped earlier in the season? Where was Maggie all this time? And who’s the ninja w/her? And wasn’t there more than the deaf girl who got trapped in that explosio?

Reaction score
Watched Ep16 just to close this season. I’ve been in it from the beginning but will be glad when this ends after next season. The story in the comics is really what kept me in for this long.

Reaction score
Well, I always said it would go 12 Seasons.....missed it by that much.
Well, if you consider the 6 season 10 tag-on episodes next spring,the extra 8 for season 11, and the potential s11 air dates, it's almost like the equivalent of 2 standard seasons. So your guess of 12 seasons, is quite accurate from a certain p. o.v.

Reaction score
Since I have AMC+ (which I always forget I have) I watched the new episode this morning. It played very much like a middle of the season episode, which I guess it kind of is, and not like a season premiere. A little catch up, getting to know and set up.
One thing I didn't think of until the little after show with Kang, was how small scale everything was, basically because of COVID protocols on set.

GNT

Reaction score
Have the last season or two been any good? I haven't watched in the last season or two (last I remember there was a bald chick villain)?

Reaction score
For some reason I thought this current season was the last one, so all the typical 'filler' episodes lately were driving me nuts! Slightly relieved now that I know there's actually one more season, but the filler is still annoying as hell. Did we really need a whole hour to get to know already established characters even better (Gabriel and Aaron)? Did we really need a whole hour to tell us that Princess isn't playing with a full deck? Seriously, if you trimmed out all of her hallucinations, there would have been less than 5 minutes of actual plot development.

Used to love this show, but it really is just treading water at this point. But I've already devoted so many years to following it, I might as well see it through to the bitter end. Honestly can't believe they're going to try a Carol and Daryl spin-off though. Their dynamic is soooo played out at this point. They've literally become two of the most boring characters on the show because of how predictable their interactions are. Daryl would have become vastly more interesting if they hadn't benched the deaf woman he was crushing on, and their relationship had developed more. But alas, we gotta keep that whole angsty thing between him and Carol going until the end of time. I definitely won't be tuning in to the spin-off, if it even happens still.

Reaction score
These last few episodes have been awful. I haven't seen a show as badly affect by covid as this one, so I'm inclined to believe that they didn't get much money to actually do anything to fill an addition 6 episode order with stuff worth watching.