AMC's The Walking Dead

Reaction score
Gimple was also recently asked about the status of the Rick movies. His answers were so vague and left me wondering if they will ever even happen.

Reaction score
I'm very, VERY close to bailing entirely. My brother was a massive fan alongside me, and after the entire "Rick Departure", he left and didn't look back.

Such a shame.

Per the comics, push on and finish the series, since there is an "ending". I was bummed when that occurred. But at the same time, relieved. It was struggling imo during the last arc. Kirkman gave up. His creativity was lost. All that BS through the years in the letter column about going past 300 issues, and beyond... "I have stories lined up to take this new and exciting places". BAH!
Wow! H*LL really has frozen over when you abandon ship (and I mean that in the best possible way).

Thanks for the heads up on the comics. I'm shocked RK actually ended it! I guess I'll get the last book or two... I'm almost afraid to. My favorite comic characters still thrive in my mind and I almost don't want to see what the "end" looks like.

It has been a helluva run. I'll give AMC that. I still think if they'd stayed true to the comics and not taken all of those silly "detours" the show might have only been 6 or 8 seasons long, but each season would have been of near perfect quality, narratively speaking. Oh well, Hollywood gonna Hollywood, but I'm thankful we got a half dozen solid seasons.

Reaction score
It has been a helluva run. I'll give AMC that. I still think if they'd stayed true to the comics and not taken all of those silly "detours" the show might have only been 6 or 8 seasons long, but each season would have been of near perfect quality, narratively speaking. Oh well, Hollywood gonna Hollywood, but I'm thankful we got a half dozen solid seasons.

Ding. Ding.

You are spot on - silly detours really hurt the mothership program. A few minor ones would have been okay, but hold tight to the overall flow of the source material. I'll have to go back to the start, and rewatch at some point. And really jot down my thoughts on where things went off the tracks.

Reaction score
Staying true to the comics is what got them into this mess. It's why it took 2 1/2 seasons to defeat Negan and the Saviors, why there were SO MANY episodes that take place at about the same time following different characters. They were catching up too quickly to the comics, and needed to add buffer so they wouldn't overtake the source material.

What they should've done was to keep chugging along with well pace arcs until they got to the last full arc in the comic, taken a break, and allow the comic to come up with new material for the show.

Or they could have simply kept going and come up with something ENTIRELY separate from the comics.

Instead they've done what they did and the show is worse for it.

Reaction score
I have watched the first three episodes of season 10 and thought the same thing as you all did. Painful. I just don’t care for the characters any more. I haven’t finished the first half and may not ever finish it.

Reaction score
saw a few ads over the weekend for the upcoming second half....one that stood out was Eugene and Rosita about to kiss.....ugh they tease us with a hook up that nobody wants....here's hoping they end this crap with the Alpha ASAP.

Reaction score
Literally the only thing I'm remotely looking forward to on this show now is Negan/Whisperers. Once that concludes, I'm out. As for my bluray collection, I'm stopping with the Negan baseball bat unknown victim cliffhanger. Even that season was rough to watch as the back half portrayed our incredibly hardened survivors as outfoxed cowards. They would have all died fighting the saviors rather than bowing down to them. In hindsight, I should have stopped buying the discs after season 6.

Reaction score
Literally the only thing I'm remotely looking forward to on this show now is Negan/Whisperers. Once that concludes, I'm out. As for my bluray collection, I'm stopping with the Negan baseball bat unknown victim cliffhanger. Even that season was rough to watch as the back half portrayed our incredibly hardened survivors as outfoxed cowards. They would have all died fighting the saviors rather than bowing down to them. In hindsight, I should have stopped buying the discs after season 6.

You are so spot on with that comment.....

Reaction score
100% agree... I was like oh god didn't need to see that.

also I think it's time for Carol to meet her fate. she is no longer the bad*** she once was and she just needs to go. it was a very lackluster start to 2nd half of the season. I almost didn't watch it last night but than I said to myself I've always watched TWD since ep1 when it 1st airs so why break tradition.

Reaction score
I thought the Negan/Alpha part was hilarious, I was laughing the entire time. It's like something out of Robot Chicken.

Spoilers below just to be safe.

I don't think Connie and Magna are dead. It just seemed the episode ended to quickly, it was so abrupt. And speaking of Magna, I just don't like her. Call it goofy, but when I watch shows I tend to see who I would be, or who I relate to the most, or who I'd get along with. I just don't like the type of person she is, always b!tchy and moody. I can't stand people like that. Jerry on the other hand, I'd probably have a blast with (no pun intended). Glad he made it out.

Reaction score
That was really bad, the whole cave part was DRAAAAAAAAAAAWN out way too long. It shouldn't have been that easy for them to find a way out. What have they done to the character of Carol? ugh.... Daryl cannot carry this show.

Reaction score
Ugh. Tried to watch this episode, twice, and still didn’t feel the urge to complete it. Pretty sure that’s a sign I no longer care.
Yes, Carol’s arc is over and now they’re just writing her so we beg them to kill her—what a crime! Carol should have went out on the top of her game.
Daryl, as stated above, can’t carry this show. Though I’m not certain anyone can the way it’s being written.

Reaction score
That was really bad, the whole cave part was DRAAAAAAAAAAAWN out way too long. It shouldn't have been that easy for them to find a way out. What have they done to the character of Carol? ugh.... Daryl cannot carry this show.

If you think that was drawn out, imagine the version of this episode they would've had 4 years ago.

7 episodes of these characters wandering the caves monologuing, before emerging from the cave and having an episode where something consequential *almost* happens in the season finale in regards to the Alpha storyline, before cutting to a cliffhanger.

Reaction score
I fast forwarded through about 60% of the episode from boredom. I think I've finally reached my tipping point and will move on at the end of this season. All good things eventually end.

Reaction score
another poor episode....Daryl should be dead with that type of injury, don't show us that when we all know you will not kill him off.

Coz

Reaction score
another poor episode....Daryl should be dead with that type of injury, don't show us that when we all know you will not kill him off.
Alpha and Beta should also be dead. Two chances to kill him and they let him live?

Reaction score
Alpha and Beta should also be dead. Two chances to kill him and they let him live?

this show is getting weaker and weaker by the week. I have a feeling that the major death at the end of this season will be meh at best. I almost fell asleep during last night's episode. Alpha is just annoying and Beta is as well. Now Whisperer Mary seems to be the new addition to the Alexandria crew ? the show is definitely spiraling down the tubes

Reaction score
Yeah I think they are building up Father Gabriel to be the one to be the "major" death all of a sudden.

They have reduced Carol to crazy person.

Daryl really can't lead this show, and they are trying too hard to find him a romantic interest.

Magna and her crew are pointless, they've felt forced ever since they came on the scene.

Really? Dante had so much time to do all these sneaky things while in Alexandria....

Judith! Shoot him in the face after he goes down!!!! a Duh....

Gabriel and company have a chance to capture/kill Beta and they blow it...

I really do not get all the praise Angela Kang has received since she became the show runner, now don't get me wrong, I don't want Gimple back but some people act like she saved this series and returned it to it's former glory but really she's just treading water until we/they finally pull the plug...

Reaction score
Yeah I think they are building up Father Gabriel to be the one to be the "major" death all of a sudden.

They have reduced Carol to crazy person.

Daryl really can't lead this show, and they are trying too hard to find him a romantic interest.

Magna and her crew are pointless, they've felt forced ever since they came on the scene.

Really? Dante had so much time to do all these sneaky things while in Alexandria....

Judith! Shoot him in the face after he goes down!!!! a Duh....

Gabriel and company have a chance to capture/kill Beta and they blow it...

I really do not get all the praise Angela Kang has received since she became the show runner, now don't get me wrong, I don't want Gimple back but some people act like she saved this series and returned it to it's former glory but really she's just treading water until we/they finally pull the plug...

I heard that Michonne is going to be the major character kill this season as she's apparently leaving the show. I guess time will tell. I can see Father Gabriel becoming the new lead as yes both Carol and Daryl will not be able to carry the show. Carol needs to go. her story arc at the moment is way to weak / erratic. They took a strong character and made her a mess.

I agree that both Beta was handled wrong. I mean Mary should have finished him off (if she is truly about leaving the Whisperers). She could have easily took the gun from Judith and shot him dead to finish it.

Reaction score
It kinda follows a similar path with all the Negan stuff. You know those two main bads arent going to die in episode 10. And then you put the characters with plot armor (Daryl, Judith) in the mix and you know they arent going to die either. It kind of kills the story telling. I've liked this season okay - it just feels like Negan 2.0.

Coz

Reaction score
this show is getting weaker and weaker by the week. I have a feeling that the major death at the end of this season will be meh at best. I almost fell asleep during last night's episode. Alpha is just annoying and Beta is as well. Now Whisperer Mary seems to be the new addition to the Alexandria crew ? the show is definitely spiraling down the tubes
It's been established that when you kill someone with a non head shot, you immediately stab or otherwise damage their head so they don't turn. But they leave Beta. Head undamaged. To turn. A giant walker.

Reaction score
It's been established that when you kill someone with a non head shot, you immediately stab or otherwise damage their head so they don't turn. But they leave Beta. Head undamaged. To turn. A giant walker.

I think they need to shoot and stab this once awesome show as it's turned into a giant walker of SH**

Reactions: Coz
Reaction score
remember back in season 1 and 2 when it would take days for someone to turn....now Beta just sits and waits for them to turn like a pot of coffee brewing....

Reaction score
couldn't resist. but in all seriousness the show has become a major turd. there is really no saving grace in TWD

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    809.4 KB · Views: 3
Reaction score
Last nights episode was Ok. Not too bad in terms of the recent episodes that have plagued TWD in the past. Not really liking the whole Whisperer Negan arc happening at the moment (curious to see how it all plays out... here's hoping it follows the comics but doubtful). I think the only thing I actually liked about the episode was the Eugene part where he says I have a date.

Reaction score
was that an episode of Stranger Things? Cue the Never Ending Story song....at least Eugene's singing voice is less annoying than him speaking.
It was probably the best episode this season but that's not saying much. I am glad Daryl and Alpha got some stem cell shots and are all better now...Negan just doesn't look right wearing a skin mask, kinda funny. Our group seems to have no plan, get's fooled, infiltrated and out maneuvered at every point, why would you engage an enemy outside your walls? Now they drew you out and all the kids and people unable to fight are unprotected...

Reaction score
was that an episode of Stranger Things? Cue the Never Ending Story song....at least Eugene's singing voice is less annoying than him speaking.
It was probably the best episode this season but that's not saying much. I am glad Daryl and Alpha got some stem cell shots and are all better now...Negan just doesn't look right wearing a skin mask, kinda funny. Our group seems to have no plan, get's fooled, infiltrated and out maneuvered at every point, why would you engage an enemy outside your walls? Now they drew you out and all the kids and people unable to fight are unprotected...

Yeah.. Negan as a walker just looked plain weird/wrong. I really hope they end the whole Negan / Whisperers arc like in the comics as that would be amazing and bring Negan sorta back to being the bad *** he was.

the entire battle outside the safety of the compound was again sorta off/lazy. it was setting up the whole "Hey now what do we do.. we're trapped." Also what happened to the search for the 2 in the cave? did they just give up and leave them there? are we to assume they died in the cave? I actually like Connie, not so much on Magna though.

Reaction score
I think they went to find them but realized the horde was heading towards Hilltop so they had to take care of that situation first.

Reaction score
I am so far in the hole, behind...I doubt I ever return.

2015 DarthBeek would be in total disbelief.

Funny, on my FaceBook "Memories" 9 Years Ago today - I was posting how excited I was to have purchased Season One on Blu Ray.

TWD.jpg

Coz

Reaction score
Another chance to kill Beta the Night King. But nah, kill the zombie girl you were hating a few minutes ago.

Reaction score
Good episode tonight! I’m wondering what that Whisperer meant by it’s you.
And that twist @ the end was awesome!

In the comics Beta was a NBA player. In the show it looks like they are going with him being a famous singer. It's been hinted at in an earlier episode with him telling Alpha to stop singing. Also in Fear The Walking Dead, Ryan Hurst (who plays Beta) his photo was on an album cover. I stopped watching Fear though.