AMC's The Walking Dead

Reaction score
it's sad to say but TWD has become a bore in most ways to me. I can't even get through the show without either 1 losing interest in the lackluster storytelling or 2 just plain nodding off from the slow pace and rather boring premise that the show has sadly become. I can remember being excited for the show to come on, counting down the days till Sunday and almost making it a ritual in a sense where I'd turn off my cellphone for fear of being interrupted, making sure I was ready with any snacks and drinks etc. Now I find myself being more interested in scrolling through tweets about the show than actually engaging in the show itself.

I used to mark my calendars both a home and at work with TWD returns tonight, now not so much. I used to watch each episode the day it came out, now sometimes I wait a few days as the interest is just not there anymore. Like many of you I too still tune in just to see what happens and feel like I've invested so much into the series that now I just want the show to finish and be done with it. I'm not even sure if I'd invest the money to see the "Rick Grimes movies" if and when they finally decide to make them/release them.

Even the acting by the actors as of late seemed almost labored to the point where you can almost see in their performances that they too are tired/almost disgusted at the direction of the show and the content of the scripts and episodes. I think to many of them it's a paycheck and nothing more. The passion for the show has almost been drained from them. it's a sad state and I'm not sure if the producers/writers/actors can regain the content that had us all glued to our seats like the 1st 3 seasons.

Reaction score
Well... at least they got this episode out of the way early, rather than give us the Alpha/Beta backstory someone wanted 2 episodes before the end of the middle of the season.

Reaction score
They should have combined these first two episodes, maybe that would have made them at least somewhat interesting.

Reaction score
I was a fan of the comics. I always liked when the TV show stuck with what was going on in the comics. Same time I never minded how they would throw a few things in here and there to keep it interesting (but never used to make the side stuff the MAIN plot), plus a few non-comic plot twists kept some excitement of not knowing exactly what's to come. (especially in the early days.. Darryl and Merle.. they were good, and I was good with it) There used to be a nice balance in the beginning. Once they started getting "creative" and going off the rails.. that's when it seemed to go downhill. I call these the Gimple years, he's just awful in EVERY way. Frank Darabont was so freaking good the way he worked the first few seasons and kept you coming back for more. Would love to see them bring him back to finish off the shows last seasons. That would be awesome.

Reaction score
You expect the guy who's been suing AMC for the last 6 years and it's yet to go to trial (2020 looks like now) to come back and finish the shows last seasons....???

Reaction score
I just watched episode 2 (which wasn't bad but nothing to write home about) yesterday and will have to get to episode 3 sometime this week. I chose to watch Watchmen last night instead, which was great

Reaction score
Somewhat better episode last night. The Carol stuff was ok, the whole is it a hallucination or not angle...I just don't buy here getting hooked on pills trying to stay awake to find Alpha storyline...just seems out of character for her. Are we supposed to think the death of Henry shook her that much? Worse than losing Sophia? Having to put down Lizzy? Her character has been more calculating in the past.

Aaron and Negan...I don't know how to feel about the whole Negan situation...part of me wants him to just join the group and become the new leader because right now the leadership is laughable...the other part of me feels he should be put back in the prison with Maggie eventually coming back to deal with him.

So is Siddiq an unwilling spy? Did Alpha make him take part in the beheadings to not get killed and then force him to spy? Something is clearly wrong with him.

Overall is was probably the best of the 3 episodes, the low point being the exchange between Rosita and Eugene, just tired and out of place for this episode and I am so done with him....pointless character at this point.

With the ending it at least looks like Carol wasn't seeing things the whole time....next week we go to Hilltop and see how poorly they can defend that community.

Reaction score
For the first time since I started this journey almost a decade ago, I am behind two episodes. :\

Reaction score
��

I don't think that those pills Carol was taking would be working 10 years after they were manufactured.

And they totally lifted that scene were Carol was upside down from The Last of Us.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCQ5cH6CCsE

This season is starting to feel like the slog where it took forever for Rick and the gang to start tussling with Negan.

The Walking Dead lost its chance to be prestige television long ago, so I'd appreciate it if they cut to the chase with getting this war started.

Reaction score
this whole episode with Carol reminded of the Saved by the Bell episode where Jessie becomes addicted to Caffeine pills. :p was have expecting her to break out in song : "I'm so excited.... I'm so excited... I'm so scared!"

I mean seriously this show continues to feel like it is going way way way downhill.

Last edited:
Reaction score
no thoughts on the latest ep? It was ok, probably the second best one so far.

Reaction score
Not a bad episode in general but the opening montage and the song that bookended the episode did not fit at all

Reaction score
I have not watched an ep live this season, and it hasn't bothered me. The Negan ep was pretty good. To me, this show is a sad, hollow shell of its former self. I find myself increasingly bitter that the show killed off Carl (the sole reason for Rick's continued perseverance), then wrote out Rick Grimes himself. Daryl has never been my thing, Carol's growth peaked long ago, Michonne was at her best when Rick was by her side, and literally none of the other characters, except possibly Negan and Alpha are enjoyable to watch.

Reaction score
Not a bad episode in general but the opening montage and the song that bookended the episode did not fit at all
I wish they never dipped into the pop music well in the first place. They have a great composer, they should use him.

I agree though, not a bad episode but also not a great one. The show has gotten very complacent, but at least it's not complacent & egregiously terrible like it was in seasons 7 and 8.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Only 3 episodes before the midseason finale... where has the season gone? The first episode was about a fire, the second was mostly a waste of time... the next three mostly seem to have been about moving Negan over to Alpha and Beta, while every other character acts like there isn't another war coming, even though Alpha has been pretty hostile the whole time.

Reaction score
I hadn't watched last weeks episode yet but did last night and when it was over my DVR prompted me to start tonight episode, apparently I never turned AMC premiere off.
  Spoiler:  
I had been thinking all season how terrible both the storyline and characters of Siddiq and the other doctor were and what happens didn't really change my mind about that.