AMC's The Walking Dead

Reaction score
I would be really surprised if she comes back as a series regular. I could see here doing a couple episodes as a guest star just to wrap her story up.

Reaction score
There are a ton of shows getting cancelled a year, 2 years into their runs. Heck, there's a ton that don't even last a full year.

Lots of crap being thrown out there on TV these days that no one remotely cares about.

GNT

Reaction score
I was extremely happy to see Tara’s head on a pike! Finally!!!!.
Just finished off the season, it's not the same with Rick gone for now :( Carol and Daryl are great side characters to rick but becoming the main stars of the show now is very meh.

The spike scene was sad and should fuel our heroes for next season.

Reaction score
any word if target will continue having the Blu-ray steelbook excl for season 9? it's not on target.com but reg edition has been for a while now

Reaction score
Just more of the same it appears. As I have mentioned numerous times, this show needed a HUGE location / change of scenery "jolt" long ago.

I'll still be tuning in by the way. I've road this train for 10 years...will stick around til the end.

Wish they would have given a date for the 1st Rick movie. Interested in what the "look" of those will be, being big budget, theatrical releases.

Reaction score
Just this morning I was able to swing into Target, to see if TWD S9 got a Steel....and no. Dummies. It has bugged me for years they never reissued S1 and S2 in Steels, and now they are giving up at 9. BAH!!!

Reaction score
Ive been watching Season 9 of Walking Dead on Netflix.

So where did Anne/Jadis take Rick to anyway?

I dont mind the years later story arc where Carol is now Old Lady Carol, but do they ever explain later on where Jadis Ann and Rick went off to?

Reaction score
Ive been watching Season 9 of Walking Dead on Netflix.

So where did Anne/Jadis take Rick to anyway?

I dont mind the years later story arc where Carol is now Old Lady Carol, but do they ever explain later on where Jadis Ann and Rick went off to?
This will be adressed in the upcoming two or three "Rick Movies"

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sooo no thoughts on last nights premiere? It wasn't terrible but it was by no means good either, lot of set up so hopefully they can follow through on a payoff.
Oh the scene with the two doctors (Rosita's baby daddy and new guy) was soooooo bad, ugh

Reaction score
ugh.... I had hope that the main show wouldn't pick up any of the infection that Fear has caught but it looks like it has.....very cringe worthy....all that to have an ice grill contest between Carol/Alpha

I forgot how much I'm not feeling the new group of characters...Magna etc.

Reaction score
And we find ourselves at Season 10 of The Walking Dead.

I used to count down the months, weeks, days, hours, etc leading up to a new Season. Hell, for years I would rewatch the entire series from Episode One up to whatever season was starting. I stopped doing that back when Negan first appeared. I don't think I'll ever be able to go back and watch All Out War again. Terrible how it played out on television.

Simply put - I'm bored. It is just more of the same. Same locations. Same mumbling Daryl.

And of course we receive news that Lauren Cohen is returning. Well no ****! Her show bombed, cancelled. I knew she'd be running back. She eyes Danai leaving as her big chance to take over lead female. Nah. I started disliking her following the death of Glenn.

They better have an end game in sight.....cause this is going to be real sad watching this stumble to a finish line. But, with that said, I will be there. Too many damn years invested to walk away now.

And don't even get me started on this new spin off. Calling it - garbage. And with the stuff I hear about FEAR, glad I never invested a moment in that mess.

Reaction score
Oh man Beek I wish this thread could be shown to AMC execs and TWD franchise showrunners to see what they have done to their once most die hard fans.
Like you, I watch out of obligation, time already invested. Sad to see how far its fallen.
The new show looks terrible too. Fear had a couple of good seasons and one great one but now its one of the worst shows on tv and a waste of some good actors.
What's going on with the Rick movies, any news on those?

Reaction score
And with the stuff I hear about FEAR, glad I never invested a moment in that mess.
If you ever check it out just watch season 1-3. they changed the show runners after 3 and it went downhill real quick.....but yeah last night's episode was just as bad as anything they just put out for season 5 of Fear.

Reaction score
Those things are gonna be dead on arrival. Scott Gimple is the guy writing them, so there is a chance he'll do something good with them, based on the earlier episodes of the series he wrote, or they'll be a lot more like his recent output.

Either way, the time for a Walking Dead movie was 5-7 years ago, not now. I doubt they'll flop, AMC will likely try to do the bare minimum with the budget on these, but I'm sure they will under perform.

I can't really complain about the latest episode. It was lightyears better than the garbage I was watching just one week ago on Fear TWD.

Reaction score
I can't really complain about the latest episode. It was lightyears better than the garbage I was watching just one week ago on Fear TWD.
I don't know if it was the fact that Fear just ended last week or not but to me the regular show had me feeling like I was still watching Fear. The scene that really did it for me was the "Hey Look we can still kill Zombies!" it was as corny as that stupid mid-season commercial Fear was running. Even the Daryl/Carol stuff (which can be said was the only good stuff) you knew it was just a ploy, there's no way those two would head off and leave everyone...

Reaction score
I crossed into hate watching territory many years ago but am still prepared to ride this to the end. I won't be picking up any new series and really don't have any interest in movies at this point either.

The main thing I was looking forward to in the premier was seeing Alex Sgambati who started out years ago on the Craig Ferguson show.

Reaction score
I decided to stop watching after we got 5 min of Sasha pondering more than once. After Carl died so did my tuning in.

Reaction score
Still watching, still a fan. The comics are done, so this is still the best way to get your walking Dead fix. Are the episodes as good as the original few seasons, no, but then again most TV shows seem to die or slowly go downhill after a few seasons. There are a few exceptions to this that come around every so often, but even the best of the best series don't seem to have staying power.

I still feel it's just society today in general.. In the social media/internet days we're in, we all want our fix and we want it now, harder these days to keep peoples interest episode to episode year after year. Cram everything into a 2 hour movie is the best way to go. The Marvel movies have lasted about 15 years now, and that's simply a rarity. I didn't watch Thrones, but from the outside looking in on that series, as good as everyone felt that series was I heard a ton of complaining towards the end.

Reaction score
Still watching, still a fan. The comics are done, so this is still the best way to get your walking Dead fix. Are the episodes as good as the original few seasons, no, but then again most TV shows seem to die or slowly go downhill after a few seasons. There are a few exceptions to this that come around every so often, but even the best of the best series don't seem to have staying power.

I still feel it's just society today in general.. In the social media/internet days we're in, we all want our fix and we want it now, harder these days to keep peoples interest episode to episode year after year. Cram everything into a 2 hour movie is the best way to go. The Marvel movies have lasted about 15 years now, and that's simply a rarity. I didn't watch Thrones, but from the outside looking in on that series, as good as everyone felt that series was I heard a ton of complaining towards the end.

All too true. I worked in the TV industry back in 2000-2005, before streaming was really a thing yet. They knew the landscape was changing, and they did not know what to do back then, and still don't. TV used to generate advertising dollars, now with the DVR and streaming, advertisers know that paying a bundle for commercials are not as effective as they once were is a waste. So new show productions are often funded directly by the network, who in turn makes back the money by putting them out on streaming services, and home video. as the interest lags, so does the funding. So unless you have a subscription based show ( Game of Thrones, Stranger Things) Your product has a finite shelf life. Of course there are exceptions to that rule, like "the Big Bang Theory" which was a hit (But also made a ton in Syndication). TV is relying on Live shows, like Sporting Events, and the News to generate income. Network TV has never been in more trouble, and channels like AMC do get a kickback from cable carriers, but they are on a tier just above broadcast. If their ratings slip, the piece of the pie they negotiate for shrinks. Look at ESPN, they used to get roughly $5 a month from any cable subscription, now they get about a buck if that.... So yes the show is of lesser quality lately, but I am sure that the budget is not as strong as seasons 1-5.

Reaction score
It really doesn't have to do with budgets or social media - it all starts with the showrunners and awful writing and planning or lack thereof. Fear started ok, got good borderline great and is now one of the worst shows on tv. The third spinoff looks awful. The flagship needed to set an end date, plan once Lincoln (and then Danai) decided to leave. Reedus does brooding Daryl well but he is not a lead, only so many times the Daryl and Carol team ups can be done. Maggie coming back might be a little bump but won't breathe much needed life back into the show. None of the new characters are fleshed out or already interesting enough to carry the show. If the feature movies with Rick can tie everything together nicely they'll be worth it but I have no faith in the showrunners, writers.

Reaction score
It really doesn't have to do with budgets or social media - it all starts with the showrunners and awful writing and planning or lack thereof. Fear started ok, got good borderline great and is now one of the worst shows on tv. The third spinoff looks awful. The flagship needed to set an end date, plan once Lincoln (and then Danai) decided to leave. Reedus does brooding Daryl well but he is not a lead, only so many times the Daryl and Carol team ups can be done. Maggie coming back might be a little bump but won't breathe much needed life back into the show. None of the new characters are fleshed out or already interesting enough to carry the show. If the feature movies with Rick can tie everything together nicely they'll be worth it but I have no faith in the showrunners, writers.
This. ^^^

Fear should NEVER have been made. This other spin-off, again, never should have been made.

Invest EVERYTHING into the main program. It should never have gotten to the point of killing Carl....removing Rick.... An end game should have been laid out years ago. Now, it is simply stumbling along. One has to wonder if they knew 10 Seasons would be it, if Andrew Lincoln would have stuck it out.

And I am beyond tired of woods, more woods, and even more woods. I've said it before, production needed to move into a brand new location to freshen up this stale environment.

Reaction score
Daryl as the lead is not what this show needs. It needs Rick. The show should have ended three years ago, made All Out War into a movie and continued with theatrical releases.

Reaction score
The show should've made Alexandria the endgame or it should've branched off and abandoned the roadmap from the comics they'd been following into something that would lead to an ending in a season or 2.

I remember saying these types of things years ago, and getting loads of these :rolleyes: bad boys thrown my way... "There goes Mildoo again, hating on the popular thing because he thinks it makes him cool."

Reaction score
The show should've made Alexandria the endgame or it should've branched off and abandoned the roadmap from the comics they'd been following into something that would lead to an ending in a season or 2.

I remember saying these types of things years ago, and getting loads of these :rolleyes: bad boys thrown my way... "There goes Mildoo again, hating on the popular thing because he thinks it makes him cool."
I said years ago as well that they should move to the big screen.

Reaction score
I said years ago as well that they should move to the big screen.
That would've been the right thing to do. Stop the show 5 or so seasons in and then announce the movie. The show was still getting crazy viewership back then, so it probably would've translated into some big money at the BO. They really blew it though.

Hopefully the inevitable reboot is handled better.

Last edited: