AMC's The Walking Dead

Reaction score
Pike chatter...

Spoiler:  
Early intel coming in have the following victims of Alpha's brutality - and these are supposedly the BIG THREE. Meh, whatever. This scene needs a much bigger gut punch than....1. Tara (Thank goodness, good riddance) 2. Enid (never found her interesting) 3. Henry (farewell hornball). Lots of other background folks too. But yeah, this is what we get.

Reaction score
Dumber things have happened. Glenn and the dumpster, no one killing Negan when they had the chance to do so, the list goes on and it includes a tiger!

My main issue with last nights episode was why Michonne didn't immediately check Judith's "armory". Could've saved us a trip to Negan's jail cell.
Plus... how far have they traveled from where they started out to find someone you knew from your past??? Wow.. Small world. haha.

My issue is the time jumps, and the back and forth.. enough. It's not working for me.. just tell the story.

Reaction score
I liked the flashback of how Michonne and Daryl got the X scars. The friendship turned enemies between Michonne and her friend reminded me of Rick and Shane.

Also I had a theory about the X scars that I ended up being wrong on. I thought the scars were a reminder as to where Rick was impaled. Then I thought the hostility Michonne has been showing was possibly without Rick being there, the other communities went against what Rick had planned for everyone. The X scars were saying Michonne and Daryl were still "Team Rick" basically. One problem - nobody saw or knew Rick was impaled, so there went my theory. I was pretty excited about my theory but it was quickly axed lol.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Glad I managed to catch this one live, because it ran 25 minutes longer than the guide said it would, and I would've missed the end of dumb Henry.

My issue is the time jumps, and the back and forth.. enough. It's not working for me.. just tell the story.

This was one instance where the cross cutting between timelines worked for me considering both stories revolved around Michonne and Judith.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Glad I managed to catch this one live, because it ran 25 minutes longer than the guide said it would, and I would've missed the end of dumb Henry.

This was one instance where the cross cutting between timelines worked for me considering both stories revolved around Michonne and Judith.
Gah! I recorded it and was late to catch up and it cut me off! I read spoilers after but need to catch a later showing in an hour or so.

Reaction score
Man it ran later than normal??!! Ugh no wonder my recording cut off!! I was like WTF??!! Crap now I have to wait until next Sunday to see the complete episode.
You can watch it for free on AMC.com. Also, they usually run the episode at other points during the week.
The same thing happened to us. We set the DVR and it cut off right around 10:00. Luckily, we "restarted" the premier episode of Into the Badlands (which really was the last 25 minutes of TWD) and caught the rest of the episode that way.

Reaction score
Best episode in a looooong time. I am slowly getting over the complete left turn of the character changes from the comics but still feel a little robbed of the two characters that dodged the pike from the comics.

Reaction score
Same.. with traveling/work, etc. I have mine set as well.. I watched later in the eve. but missed the whole ending. It ended in a commercial, I was sooo tired, kinda out of it and I thought "man that was an odd ending" not even realizing it was cut off.. I read an article while going to bed, so unfortunately, even though knowing it was coming at some point.. I too was "spoiled" and have to still watch the ending.

Gah. hahaha..

Reaction score
Best episode in a looooong time. I am slowly getting over the complete left turn of the character changes from the comics but still feel a little robbed of the two characters that dodged the pike from the comics.
Yeah, hoping for more of an impactful "scene" here.. I also was hoping that due to some of the major characters who recently left/are reported possibly leaving, etc. that they too may have ended up on the pikes.. not sure exactly what's going on behind the scenes, but maybe could have used that to their advantage.

My thoughts would have been.. knowing this scene was coming.. Carl.. heck, they could have had him disappear/gone missing before he left, and end up captured behind the scene and suddenly show up on a pike.. Maggie... same, etc. etc. Jesus.. same.. Could have been huge.

Would have had to been a bit "creative" but I feel it could have worked.

Reaction score
Okay, so I NEVER watch on Sunday night, I usually DVR it. However, I was wide awake the other night so I started watching around 9:30 and by the time my DVR caught up, the show was actually over, so I missed everything (EVERYTHING) after Alpha sat down in the theater. I thought "it can't end like that, there has to be more". I looked a few hours down on the guide and saw the show was actually 1 hour and 25 minutes so i set the DVR again and went to bed.
Boy am I glad because I watched the last half hour yesterday evening and it was one of the best endings yet.

Reaction score
Same here. I basically said, that can't be it. Fortunately they replay it 3 times that same night so I was able to re-record it and catch the ending. Cable shows are fairly easy to catch after a DVR glitch cuz they replay them through the week. Network shows - no way. You have to hope they put it online somewhere.

Reaction score
Is it safe to say that there might be "snow walkers" in next week's episode?
Nicotero confirmed it in an interview with THR.

It took 9 seasons, Carl dying, Rick "dying", and at least 3 Judiths before we got any snow on this show.

And apparently AMC was punishing DVR viewers for never watching Into The Badlands!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I feel like there was an exchange at the beginning of season 3 describing what walkers were like in the winter. Like, it was easier to get around because they were slower, or maybe didn't move at all.

Reaction score
I feel like there was an exchange at the beginning of season 3 describing what walkers were like in the winter. Like, it was easier to get around because they were slower, or maybe didn't move at all.
In Season 2 Rick and Shane had a conversation about what cold and snow might do to walkers. Rick mentioned that he thought it would slow them down.

Reaction score
One has to wonder, with Episode 15 really feeling like a Season Finale, what Sunday's actual Finale will be like.

I agree with the above poster, and how heavy of a gut punch would it have been if Carl or Maggie was "PIKED!". Could you imagine a scene of Rick finding Carl that way! If kept under wraps, that would have been epic. But instead we get folks that, well....meh. Overall a really good episode.

And Alpha is easily my favorite villain now.

On a final note, how bad was that CGI of the Walkers down in the valley? I mean, it wasn't Rick on top of garbage heap bad, but ugh.

Reaction score
Did anyone notice this? All the pike victims first initials spell out "Art Of Death". If this was intentional or just a coincidence is unknown.

Art - Alek, Rodney, Tammy
Of - Ozzy, Frankie
Death - D.J., Enid, Adeline, Tara, Henry

Reaction score
Well, that was kind of boring. I'm guessing there was another time jump because they didn't want us to see how the whisperers survived the winter, or the snow melted real fast for that Alpha and Beta scene.

Reaction score
Well, that was kind of boring. I'm guessing there was another time jump because they didn't want us to see how the whisperers survived the winter, or the snow melted real fast for that Alpha and Beta scene.
No time jump. The Whisperers "migrated" south for the winter.
Beta says to Alpha that the "time away was good for her"
Funny to know now that the Whisperers were never going to see them cross their territory.

Reaction score
I just came here to see Beek's reaction to Tara's demise. Figured you'd be jumping for joy!

The pike episode was really good, though the pike scene was a bit lackluster due to all of the mediocre characters the show is packed with now. As stated above, the scene would have been much more impactful had it been characters like Jesus, Maggie, Michonne, Carl, etc. What's more, for the most part the deaths were younger characters. I wonder if this was a conscious decision by Alpha to traumatize the camps by culling their youth?

As for the finale, I enjoyed it simply for the snow. While snow is difficult to pull off convincingly unless you're actually filming in it, I still enjoyed AMC's attempt at snow on The Walking Dead in spite of some of it being rather poorly done in places. Negan's bits were fun to watch and his road to redemption story is proving to be a nice subplot in the series. His deep concern for Judith, like Carl before, is touching see. Negan is a peculiar man indeed and pretty enjoyable to watch. As for Daryl replacing Rick as the lead, I'm really not feeling it. Daryl is still doing what Daryl has always done and the show feels leaderless to me. Now it just feels like a large ensemble cast with no real focal point. Admitedly, that's probably not a bad thing considering how many of the big players have and will exit the show. At least Tara is out of the running for the job.

Reaction score
No time jump. The Whisperers "migrated" south for the winter.
Beta says to Alpha that the "time away was good for her"
Funny to know now that the Whisperers were never going to see them cross their territory.
hmmm, I guess so....it wasn't too clear in that scene exactly what was going on. I'm fine with it if that's the case because the Whisperer concept would get even dumber with it being winter and how easy they would be to spot.

So who was that on the radio? Maggie? Jadis? Alicia?????

Reaction score
It was definitely a departure for the show's season finale, as this felt more like an Episode 1 of the next season. Rick's intensity is definitely missed. Without him, everyone just kind of lopes along with whatever happens. The only character that really drove the plot this season was Henry, and.. that was not the good kind of driving the plot.

Reaction score
If you watch in closed captioning.. the voice on the radio said.. "Your Horse and buggy insurance is due to expire.. "

So now we have to wait until next season to see if it's for real? Or is it just a scam ??

Ugh..

Reaction score
I thought the ending episodes were kinda odd.

If the last episode of the season ended with the heads on pikes scene.. then the next season started with last nights episode..in the snow.. it would have had a 100% better "flow" to it all. just a bit strange.

I didn't have as much as an issue as some had with the last episode and the effects and having to explain the frozen vs. non-frozen walkers etc. etc. meh.

Decent.. also again, if you read the comics, guessing the radio scene follows suit. Which I'm good with.

Reaction score
I thought the ending episodes were kinda odd.

If the last episode of the season ended with the heads on pikes scene.. then the next season started with last nights episode..in the snow.. it would have had a 100% better "flow" to it all. just a bit strange.

I didn't have as much as an issue as some had with the last episode and the effects and having to explain the frozen vs. non-frozen walkers etc. etc. meh.

Decent.. also again, if you read the comics, guessing the radio scene follows suit. Which I'm good with.
It would be kind of weird if the radio scene does follow the comic since we have already been introduced to the Commonwealth on the show. Maybe it's Princess...

Reaction score
I missed the opening moments to the Finale. What exactly happened at The Kingdom? I saw building burned out, etc.

Reaction score
The basement furnace finally exploded - they couldn't hold it together anymore. I'm not sure how that led to all the buildings burning tho. They didn't explain that well.

Reaction score
It would be kind of weird if the radio scene does follow the comic since we have already been introduced to the Commonwealth on the show. Maybe it's Princess...

I just figured they would follow suit but call it something else, or maybe where they are in the comic NOW????

Also... ooohhh I like the idea of the whole Princess thing.. plus being from Pittsburgh.. I want that 2 page spread from the comics sooooo bad. Would love to somehow make that happen. crossing fingers...

Reaction score
Watched the finale last night and enjoyed it. Some nice character moments and build up for next season. Now the long wait until October which is a new feeling as I had been indifferent the last two years.

Reaction score
While I enjoyed the majority of this season, the two and a half previous season really took their toll on me, so I don't really feel the rush to get to the next episode even after a mostly good season.

Reaction score
If you watch in closed captioning.. the voice on the radio said.. "Your Horse and buggy insurance is due to expire.. "

So now we have to wait until next season to see if it's for real? Or is it just a scam ??

Ugh..
I did and did not here that at all: Hello Hello Calling our live to the open air, is anybody there” that’s what it said

Reaction score
Finally got through the last three episodes. I throughly enjoyed Michonne’s episode. It was great to see what she went through after the “death” of Rick.

I was extremely happy to see Tara’s head on a pike! Finally!!!!

One thing that bothered me about the finale... how were some of the dead completely frozen solid while later on others completely covered in snow were able to move around and attack? Just a rhetorical question....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Whiskey Cavalier has been canceled. Hope this clears the way for Lauren to come back since Danai is leaving