AMC's The Walking Dead

Reaction score
AMC\'s The Walking Dead

***CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES***

Robert Kirkman's amazing zombie-apocolyptic tale of survival and human nature, or lack there of, comes to life in AMC's new original series.

"This is a story about a group of people trying to survive difficult to impossible circumstances. The world has changed and they need to figure out how to survive it. But they need to figure out how to survive one another." -Frank Darabont

Days Gone Bye Full Episode:http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/video?bcpid=86227333001&bclid=648729362001&bctid=659216515001

Executive Producers
Robert Kirkman
Frank Darabont
Gale Anne Hurd

Visual Effects
Greg Nicotero

Composer
Bear McCreary

Cast:
Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes
Sarah Wayne Callies as Lori Grimes
Chandler Riggs as Carl Grimes
Jeffrey DeMunn as Dale
Jon Bernthal as Shane
Laurie Holden as Andrea
Steven Yeun as Glenn
Robert Singleton as T-Dog
Lennie James as Morgan Jones
Jim Coleman as Lambert "Lam" Kendel
Michael Rooker as Merle Dixon
Norman Reedus as Daryl Dixon
Linds Edwards as Leon Basset
Emma Bell as Amy
Keith Allen Hayes as Tyreese
Adrian Kali Turner as Duane Jones
Melissa Suzanne Mcbride as Carol
Jeryl Prescott as Jacqui

More Facts:
-*Season 2 has been confirmed and will include 13 episodes.
-Robert Kirkman wrote Episode 1.4.
-It will be released in 250 million households, 120 countries and 30 languages in October.
-Michone to possibly be introduced in Season 2.
-Darabont and Hurd looking at releasing the 90-minute pilot in an alternate B&W format on DVD.

Whenever there's a question about zombie behavior I go back to Night of the Living Dead. Here's my favorite thing: the endless debate among the fans about how fast a zombie can move. There are the folks who just can't stand seeing zombies running. I'm kind of in that camp, but if you look at the very first zombie in Night - the one in the cemetery chasing Barbara, he gets up to a pretty good jog. I'm keying our zombie behavior off of that film: Whether they're in a very languid state or they're on the attack, they'll move no faster than that first zombie in Night of the Living Dead. -Frank Darabont

The Walking Dead Season 1 Plot Synopsis WARNING: MILD SPOILERS

1.01Days Gone Bye
Rick searches for his family after emerging from a coma into a world terrorized by the walking dead. Morgan and Duane, whom he meets along the way, help teach Rick the new rules for survival.

1.02 Guts
Rick unknowingly causes a group of survivors to be trapped by walkers. The group dynamic devolves from accusations to violence, as Rick must confront an enemy far more dangerous than the undead.

1.03 Tell it to the Frogs
Rick makes a decision to go back to Atlanta to retrieve the bag of guns and save a man’s life. Lori and Shane must deal with the surprising return of someone they thought was dead.

1.04 Vatos
Rick’s mission to Atlanta is jeopardized when things go awry. Jim becomes unhinged in camp.

1.05 Wildfire
Rick leads the group to the CDC after the attack. Jim must make a terrible life and death decision.

1.06 TS-19
Rick and the group are allowed into the CDC, by a strange doctor. But all is not what it seems in their newfound haven.

Reaction score
Re: AMC\'s The Walking Dead

whoa, whoa, whoa

what??, Walking Dead on AMC? wouldn't it make more sense to have it on HBO. Think about it The censors could not hold back the uber-violence of Zombies

Reaction score

Looking forward to this

FCC has no jurisdiction over cable channels (even basic) Any censoring basic cable channels do is self policing. AMC is home to Mad Men and Breaking Bad so language, [censored], violence aren't exactly unheard of. Basic cable is making some of the best, mature shows lately.

Reaction score

Looks like it should be good. I'm currently reading through the hardcover collections and loving it.

Reaction score

You can never have too many zombie movies and now, tv shows.

Looks really good. October? Come on!

Reaction score

I'm pretty excited about this show. I've kept up with the comic since issue #1, and there are some great promo photos of the cast in character (and some zombie photos) in the new issue (#75).

I am glad AMC has a cool site with a constantly updated blog.

Reaction score

I can wait for this to arrive. I've been slowly making my way through the trades and I'm loving it. I remember the first solicitation I saw for this in Previews and thought "just what we need, another stupid zombie book", boy was I wrong. This is one of the best rollercoaster read out there and I hope the do it justice.

Reaction score

DarthAndosMan said:
whoa, whoa, whoa

what??, Walking Dead on AMC? wouldn't it make more sense to have it on HBO. Think about it The censors could not hold back the uber-violence of Zombies
I highly encourage you to check out the links and listen to the Comic Con Walking Dead discussion panel... I'm sure all of your concern will vanish.

I literally have not been this excited for anything on TV since I was under 10 years old! I'm stupid giddy!!!!

Reaction score

the preview at sdcc was great. i cant wait for this show. i really like amc pushing some great shows out, madmen, breaking bad, this one. glad i dont have to pay extra money to watch an decent adult show not on hbo.

Reaction score

This is going to be a great show, and glad it's on regular cable. They can always release it uncut on DVD if they fell the need to do that.

Reaction score

According to the SDCC panel on this series, there will be no editing out the gore! Like Lando said above, cable is not confined by FCC regulations ONLY newtwork TV. Ultimately, AMC will show exactly what the fans (consumers) want to see, which is exactly how it should be in a free-market capitolistic society.

Also, it was hinted at that a B&W version of the DVD may be released, which means they are at least "talking" about it. And THAT, would be [censored]!!!!

Reaction score

I've updated the original post to include a link to a really cool video showing the recreation of the iconic bicycle zombie as well as a link to some amazing new production photo's. Enjoy!

Oh yeah. I still can't figure out why AMC hasn't released the Comic Con trailer through an official outlet yet. I'm not sure what they are waiting for!

Reaction score

Todd_F said:
Oh yeah. I still can't figure out why AMC hasn't released the Comic Con trailer through an official outlet yet. I'm not sure what they are waiting for!
It's on AMC now. Premiere is on Halloween.

Reaction score

I'm not into Zombies much but I'll have to check this out. From the trailer, it looks kinda cool!

Reaction score

DMESS said:
Todd_F said:
It's on AMC now. Premiere is on Halloween.
Thanks man! I noticed that this morning myself. I'm still giddy about this!!

Reaction score

there is an animated comic on the website giving you a glimpse of the 1st episode.

Reaction score

Updated with new "Teasers".

From what I've seen, the pilot episode looks to revolve loosely around the events of the first two comics. This gives me a genral idea how far the show will progress in the first season (6 episodes).

Reaction score

So glad DISH Network just added AMC's HD channel. Now I'm really looking forward to this.

Reaction score

Here is a killer new five minute behind-the-scenes short with tons of amazing new footage from Season 1. ENJOY!!!

***SPOILER ALERT*** applies as there are a couple of very familiar and telling scenes in here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNDhbV6DLNo

Note: This should satisfy those of you who believe that the series won't be gory enough because it's on AMC.

Reaction score

when i first saw this thread, "great, Amc doing zombies"
now that i have seen commercials and the previews-
"dang, it's only october 5th!"
been waiting for more drawn out zombie story, not just 2 hours of everyones dead and time to kill 'em again.
looks like it will be gory without being too gross and language will be appropriate for the story

Reaction score

Todd_F said:
Here is a killer new five minute behind-the-scenes short with tons of amazing new footage from Season 1. ENJOY!!!

***SPOILER ALERT*** applies as there are a couple of very familiar and telling scenes in here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNDhbV6DLNo

Note: This should satisfy those of you who believe that the series won't be gory enough because it's on AMC.
Thanks for the link!

So, has anyone else been keeping up with the comic series?

Reaction score

Just added links for the Rick and Shane video bio's as well as the teaser called "Apocalypse Soon". Some killer new scenes to be had!

Yes, BruceW, I'm an avid follower of Kirkman's series. I'm sure I will be pleasantly surprised to see how Darabont will altar the characters and events to keep the show from getting a little too deja vu-ish for the comic readers.

22 More days!!!!

Reaction score

they had a ton of clips on sat. during the s. king marathon. they are trying ral hard to not show the zombies.

Reaction score

Saw previews for this when I was watching Cujo. Looks very promising, also the release on Halloween is nice.

Reaction score
Reaction score

anyone else been reading the comics? i started this weekend, wonder how much will carryover or will the show change a lot of it?

Reaction score

I've been reading the comic for a while. Picked up my first trade a few years ago and have been hooked since. I absolutelu love Kirkman's template and the overwhelming feeling that absolutely no one is safe. The "survivors" truly are the walking dead as deatyh seems to catch many of them along this journey.

Key elements of the series, I believe, will not change from the comic over the long term. Example: An event that takes place early on in the comic may take place much later chronologically in the TV series. Of course I honestly have no clue and could be completely wrong... I think I'm just being hopeful about a certain tragic event I'd like to see postponed in the tv series.

Reaction score

It was amazing! I can't wait until episode 2!

Reaction score

It was really cool, definetly tuning in next week!

Reaction score

yeah that was fun. I enjoyed the first episode. Looking forward to more

Reaction score

Great start. Really liked it. Easily the best thing in the zombie genre I've seen since Shaun of the Dead. Just when I was starting to get burned out on zombies too.

Reaction score

Gambit said:
Great start. Really liked it. Easily the best thing in the zombie genre I've seen since Shaun of the Dead. Just when I was starting to get burned out on zombies too.
Agreed! I did like "Zombieland", although it was a bit more "tongue-in-cheek".

This series is off to a great start!

Reaction score

Yeah, I liked Zombieland too, but I liked this a whole lot more. Mostly for that reason (more serious as opposed to humorous as in Zombieland). This was emotionally strong, which was a nice surprise.