AMC's Fear The Walking Dead

Reaction score
This season has not been outright terrible but so far its not good and I can't see that changing. Right now it seems likes there are just bits and pieces to tie in with TWD and what happened with Rick and they are relying on that to be the eventual payoff. Such a shame, two seasons ago it was better than TWD.

GNT

Reaction score
The show is ok at, nothing great though. Just barely hanging in there since there's only a couple characters I kind of care about. Once Madison and Nick went the show went downhill.

Reaction score
A sort of ok episode, it got a little confusing on the first viewing. The whole helicopter story/people was interesting and I hoped it would become a bigger story but I feel like that's the last of it we will see for a while, or at least until they bring it back before season's end...

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Ok, just confirming that the heli and its symbol match the one from the Rick scene in TWD? I figured it must, but i couldnt remember if the 3 circle logo was there too.

Reaction score
yes, the three circles are the same.

So I thought the splitting the bullet was the jumping the shark moment.....then we have the "Hot Air Beerloon".....

Reaction score
When they were looking at the Jimbo Beer page at Daniel's I was wondering what exactly I was supposed to be seeing. Then that ridiculous thing with that awful green screen work reared it's ugly, stupid head and I just thought,"This show is so stupid."

I'm not sure if I can keep going with this show. It's just gotten so bad.

Reaction score
Finally watched this weeks episode and yeesh, not good to put it nicely. Some of the worst green screen I have seen in a long time, like sub SyFy movie levels

Reaction score
When they were looking at the Jimbo Beer page at Daniel's I was wondering what exactly I was supposed to be seeing. Then that ridiculous thing with that awful green screen work reared it's ugly, stupid head and I just thought,"This show is so stupid."

I'm not sure if I can keep going with this show. It's just gotten so bad.

the pratical effect they used for that was horrible... it was as if you could almost see the edges of the green screen that the actors were standing in front of. so far this show has been a complete hit or miss with me ever since Frank Dillane left the show. at least his character was decent.. at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Travis shows up at the end of this season all alive and wandering the country looking for Madison lol

Reaction score
so 1 of the few members left from the beginning looks to be possibly leaving the show after last weeks episode... will be interesting to see how it's handled and if the show will be able to limp on without one of the main cast that started it all.

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Alicia's exposure to radioactive zombie blood leads to this shows dumpster moment where it's resolved by something silly.

Looks like they're setting up some romance for Morgan though. Maybe it'll make him less unbearable.

Reaction score
The characters on this show get out of jams so easily. All Alicia needs to avoid radiation is a shower. All the gang needs to get their old warehouse back is wait until the guy that stole it politely leaves. Out of gas? No problem, there is a car behind a tree. Kids don't want to leave their home? Whoops home is invaded by zombies, so now they have to leave. Everything works out for them.

And Morgan even gets to keep his dumb stick. It was silly to see him looking so happy at having that dumb stick back at the end of the episode.

No one makes any hard choices on this show. They just make dumb ones, and use the power of positive thinking to get out of whatever pickle they got themselves stuck in.

This show is the antithesis of what it was before the new show runners took over.

And the show was renewed for Season 6.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah it's a dumb show. The characters are interesting, and that is what keeps me coming back, but the plots are silly. Like they're going to fix a crashed plane without a garage in the middle of a zombie apocalypse? Come on now. How many sharks are they going to jump? The nuclear meltdown plot was interesting but not nearly developed enough. Besides, if that plant does melt down completely, pretty much all of Texas is left uninhabitable. Haven't they watched Chernobyl?

We've been watching a lot of Knight Rider lately, and those plots are silly, Basically in the last 10 minutes Michael uses Turbo Boost to stop the bad guy and every thing is good again. These plots aren't that far off.

Reaction score
so has anybody been watching the second half of this season? I feel like it has gotten a little better, but I am not sure if that's because it had been so bad recently.

Reaction score
for anyone the logs in and submits the clue word for reward points during "premiere" episodes each week, was there a word the last 2-3 weeks? According to the rewards site, the midseason premiere was to have 2 words, but both my wife and I saw only 1 word. The same night, the talking dead preview special had a word but no entry place on the reward site. Then for the last 2 weeks, neither my wife or I, saw the words during commercial break, yet the reward site was set up to accept a new word for the week. We even dvr'd the episodes and rewatched it afterwards and still saw no new word appear.

Reaction score
Why the hell do I still watch this show?

There is nothing to fear on this show because everyone is so damn nice, even the villains! Last week Logan had Morgan and Al dead to rights and he just let them go after asking where those damn magic oil fields are. Everyone they encounter on the road is nice too! So far the most villainous things these bad guys have done are squat in Morgan and friends' old hangout, shoot that one guys bike, and lied.

They need to get these show runners and Gimple off the show, and bring back the guy who ran the show during season 3 to do damage control on this show.

Reaction score
just caught up on this weeks episode, another poor one. The Rabbi was basically Gabriel's story from the main show, just tweaked a little bit. Charlie might be the worst character ever...

I can't take Mo Collins seriously on this show either.

Reaction score
so has anybody been watching the second half of this season? I feel like it has gotten a little better, but I am not sure if that's because it had been so bad recently.
I think you may be right

Why the hell do I still watch this show?

There is nothing to fear on this show because everyone is so damn nice, even the villains! Last week Logan had Morgan and Al dead to rights and he just let them go after asking where those damn magic oil fields are. Everyone they encounter on the road is nice too! So far the most villainous things these bad guys have done are squat in Morgan and friends' old hangout, shoot that one guys bike, and lied.

They need to get these show runners and Gimple off the show, and bring back the guy who ran the show during season 3 to do damage control on this show.
I think I still watch just out of obligation really. I started at episode 1 and am going to see it through. Hopefully there is a good payoff at the end with the movies or flagship show.
There are too many characters and storylines. With TWD at least things were Rick-centric, for better or worse, but this show just has too much going on. No central or interesting heroes or villains.

Reaction score
Their whole goal recently has been to help people, thats WHY they have the convoy....now all of a sudden they are struggling to find a permanent place to stay? Um how about that mall? Daniel's place?

Reaction score
I avoided this thread and am just catching up and just watched this weeks episode last night and holy f-ck, what did I just watch?!?! Just awful, one of the worst hours of tv I have ever watched. Nothing at all flowed or made any kind of sense. I don't know if the show was badly edited or the editor did the best job possible with the garbage they were handed. Just embarrassing. It was just a bunch of scenes/characters thrown together and nothing stuck. Beyond the writing the episode was just poorly directed.
Such a shame because there are a lot of talented actors on the show that deserve better than this dreck.

Reaction score
Remember when people were excited when Morgan would show up in TWD? I'm dreading watching the newest episode because he and his binary line of thought is grating.

I doubt Morgan has very many fans these days. They've completely wrecked the guy, and are doing a fine job of Morganizing the rest of the cast. What they've been doing to Alicia, Strand, and Daniel this season is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This show just keeps getting worse, somehow. Now we have these safari people? How could they have been in this area for 2 years and not run into them until now?

Reaction score
wow....just wow it's like they are trying to kill this show....Morgan goes to stop the flood of walkers that are between the two cars, uses his stick to press them back(multiple walkers at this point) next shot he's 20 feet away walking with Strand....they seem to do that so much on this show. "Ginny" is just the worst villain....which is saying a lot because this shows villains have been overall pretty poor. I am sorry if I keep missing it, but what exactly is "Their way"? They keep saying they are about helping people but just in a different way...they almost portray it like our groups knows it too but just the audience does not.

Reaction score
Put this damn show out of its misery. Its just soooo bad at this point - everything - the writing, directing, editing and sadly even the acting which is crazy given their talent they can't even elevate the crappy writing and directing. The showrunners need to go if the show is to continue.

Reaction score
My favorite part of the latest episode was when the camera man died for Al's crappy PSA, and then Al somehow retrieving his footage from the river he allegedly fell into for her dumb PSA.

Can't wait for Morgan and Friends to settle their beef with Bargain Bin Betsy Brandt through the power of friendship this week!

Last edited:
Reaction score
My favorite part of the latest episode was when the camera man died for Al's crappy PSA, and then Al somehow retrieving his footage from the river he allegedly fell into for her dumb PSA.

Can't wait for Morgan and Friends to settle their beef with Bargain Bin Betsy Brandt through the power of friendship this week!
I laughed when he died... I knew it was coming too but it was still funny. and Ginny is by far the worst villain so far. I thought last year's villain was bad but Ginny is taking the absurdness to a whole new level.

Reaction score

LOL That's who I thought she was at first!!! Then I was like not enough purple....

Reaction score
Man, I don't even know what to think anymore. I had to watch the first 10 minutes of Talking just to see them trying to be positive about this POS.

Reaction score
I haven't watched this season at all. I decided to switch it on as I had nothing else to watch. The only thing I remember is thinking Steve Carrell was the priest for John and June's wedding.

Reaction score
I can’t believe what happened... you destroy his character to have him go out like that and then it sounds like your gonna tease us ala Glenn and the dumpster by saying he may or may not have survived??? Like this is the only way you can hope to get people to want to watch next season? To find out his fate? Dude got shot a few inches above his heart, lost a lot of blood and had a herd of walkers about 20-30 feet away...oooooookay. I was so pissed that’s how they were going to kill him, for all the crap he had been through, that’s who was going to take him out??? WTF ? So now we play the is he dead or is he not game...? I’m sorry this show is done.

Reaction score
Does anyone even like Morgan at this point? Dwight heard Sherry on the walkie, so obviously Sherry is gonna show up and save Morgan, while the gang works out a way to stop Negan and the Saviors in some sort of All Out War Ginny and the Pioneers in some sort of All Out Discourse.

This season has been all about getting us back to something that harkens back to the "glory days" of TWD season 7 and 8, because it worked so well last time.

Last edited: