Amazing new dialogue discoveries in ROTS

Reaction score
Okay, not sure how many of you read Yakface, but I had to share this link. Some one took one of the bootlegs running around Asia (China I believe) and posted the English subtitles for the Chinese dubbed voices. Its truly hilarious

Take a look:

http://americaninlebanon.blogspot.com/2005/07/backstroke-of-west.html

My 2 favorites:

My God!! The mob is being run by the church?!? Well, that does explain some things

I always though the silly accents in shows like South Park and such were caricatures.. guess they really do speak like that

P.S. There are a few F-bombs in the translations on that page so be warned.

Reaction score
Simply amazing!

I have read some of the replies from the blog site. You can imagine that it is very hard to translate from Chinese to English and vice versa, the structure is very different. And since Chinese is of different origin than most European languages, the translations can come out very... mangled.

this translation is classic. darth vader is actually shouting, "nooooooooooooo..."

Here the translator mistaknely did not realize that nooooo! isn't a sentence. He tried to give it a verb and such. Thank you so much for posting this, I will remember it always.

Reaction score
It would be hilarious to see (or hear) the movie dubbed like that.

"Do not waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant!"

Reaction score
surely if they are going to have to dub the film they must have the english version anyway, why not just transcribe the lines from the characters as they speak them?
of course this would be a pretty fun extra on the official version