Amanaman Mini Bust - 2018 PGM Gift #3

Reaction score
Taking some pictures today I noticed the Amanaman sample I received has a cracked/separated finger ...

Mine came with fingers looking very similar. I originally thought they were broken but I think they've just been applied poorly.

I've had no reply to my direct email so I've gone through the contact form on the website.

Reaction score
Mine came with fingers looking very similar. I originally thought they were broken but I think they've just been applied poorly.

I've had no reply to my direct email so I've gone through the contact form on the website.
You know, I think you are probably right. When I get home tonight I'll take another look at the mini bust. In my picture it looks more like a separation from the mold of the hand than an actual crack.

* hope your issue gets resolved quickly. Good luck!

Reaction score
Amanaman in da house ! I'm sorry so many of you guys had cracked fingers on your busts ! Mine seems to be in good shape. Did a short video review of the bust if anyone wants to check it out. If ya think its decent , click " Like / subscribe " for me. Julian , I used your campaign poster as my thumbnail for the video. Hope ya don't mind. I can always change it if you'd rather I didn't use it.

https://youtu.be/htZ4W9yWTzI

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Awesome video, Hank. And of course, you can use the poster; you're a friend. I appreciate your consideration letting me know about it, unlike some maker that used the one for Lobot during Celebration in 2017 and never told me about it. Congrats on getting your Amanaman issue-free. He looks great in your display. And I will subscribe to your Youtube channel when I get home.

Reaction score
Thanks Julian. And thanks for the kind comments on the videos also ! I’m no master videographer or anything , but I’m enjoying making the videos so far. Just having some fun with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Thanks, Travis. I hate having to go through the same process I went last month with the McQuarrie Sandtrooper, breaking off parts, packing and shipping them. That's time taken away from other things I got to do and honestly, this shouldn't be happening. One thing I noticed with Amanaman is that he is all one piece. For an item this large and having some weight to it, I think the hand with the staff/spear should have been a separate piece you could attach to the body via magnets (as it was for the Space Trooper), and have it protected in a separate cutting of the package. Instead it rests on top of a spongy material all together with the rest of the bust. Also for the hand holding the staff, the finger area is taped up way too tight several times around the staff thus causing stress to it, and I feel that the poor design of the package along the weak Styrofoam used allow for the product to shift while in transit causing stress to delicate areas thus cracking them or breaking them. I know not everyone got a damage item, and that is great. I'm happy every time I see a collector receives a perfect item, but as it has been with these four mini busts we've gotten lately, chances are higher a person will receive his/her product damaged mainly because of how it sits inside the Styrofoam.
Godspeed, I can't really say much else that hasn't already been said :).

Reaction score
Thanks Julian. And thanks for the kind comments on the videos also ! I’m no master videographer or anything , but I’m enjoying making the videos so far. Just having some fun with it.
You are welcome. And I enjoy watching them on my big screen TV in the Florida room. Keep up the good work. Now you have ten subscribers! :awesome:

Godspeed, I can't really say much else that hasn't already been said :).
Thanks, Travis.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have to admit (as one who didn’t vote for amanaman), this has turned out really really well. I am happy that I ordered one and indeed that it got made.

Reaction score
The fingers on mine look the same...not too badly separated though. I would think everyone's looks like this? I thought they were cracked at first look but I don't know how else they would get his staff in his hand any other way since it's a separate mold piece. Luckily this is totally hidden from view when displayed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thinking of asking for a replacement for my Amanaman and Bespin Leia. Why should I accept Amanaman with a defective finger, and Leia with a chipped lip? I believe I have the same right as anyone else that got perfect samples to get them myself. It's just upsetting. Out of the four mini busts I have received lately ( McQuarrie Sandtrooper, Space Trooper, Amanaman and Bespin Leia), every one of them but the Space Trooper have presented issues. Question is once again, will my replacements be any better than the ones they'll ask me to destroy? Going by the replacement I got for the McQuarrie Sandtrooper, they won't be much different.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just got an email saying that the Bib Fortuna Jumbo has arrived, so those of us who ordered it with this bust should probably have our orders shipping soon.

Reaction score
It all depends whether you can live with it Lightsword or if the crappy fingers are all your going to see. To wait so long for a bust, you want it to be perfect. It's a bit of a gamble though as to whether it will get any better. I have to smash mine.

Reaction score
I (finally) got an email stating that my replacement bust is processing. No shipping notification yet.

Reaction score
It all depends whether you can live with it Lightsword or if the crappy fingers are all your going to see. To wait so long for a bust, you want it to be perfect. It's a bit of a gamble though as to whether it will get any better. I have to smash mine.
To be honest, I really couldn't "live" with it. Every time I looked at his hand and the separated finger, well ... it did not feel right. But, I did not want to break off both of his arms either and destroy something that took a lot of effort to make GG aware we wanted it made. So, I took it upon myself to fix it and I did, and I'm quite happy with the result. :)

Reaction score
I got my bust (and Jumbo Bib Fortuna) a few days ago, but only just now had a chance to really open them up and look at them. Amanaman is one huge bust! Mine seems to be basically fine, although I can see a couple of places where the paint was apparently touched up at the factory.

Reaction score
My replacement bust arrived yesterday, and thankfully, this one is nearly perfect. It's really a beautiful piece.

Reaction score
Had a chance to update on most of my Jabba-related collectibles, and got to do a picture review on them, including this little fellow :) ...

My design prior to GG releasing theirs. No relation, of course ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
One dummy question. This is PG 2018 gift. Why it says 2019 PG gift in the box?

That's written according to Gentle Giant's Lunar Year. They live in another dimension where pointing fingers, clenched fists and weird releases are common. Like so, their running year differs from ours, and the box reflects that curiosity. I hope this answered your dummy question.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's written according to Gentle Giant's Lunar year. They live in another dimension where pointing fingers, clenched fits and weird releases are common. Like so, their running year differs from ours, and the box reflects that curiosity. I hope this answered your dummy question.
Ha!!!! thats good! :grin:

Reaction score
So I finally got round to having a go a repairing Amanaman, the staff had broken from his hand. I think the reason it was broken in the first place is because the staff sits lower than the base, I did briefly consider smashing him but it's not worth the potential customs fees when I can buy some felt pads for much cheaper. I can't see the break as its in his hand so I'm happy(ish).

Has any one else had the same issue with the staff?