Amanaman Mini Bust - 2018 PGM Gift #3

Reaction score
Still no movement from "Pending preorder" for me. Has anyone who has received theirs or had their ship ordered it together with the Bib Fortuna jumbo?

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's great. I'm so happy this mini bust is looking so good. Such great effort to get it produced. It's rewarding knowing folks are happy with it.

Reaction score
Though I cancelled mine, this does indeed look great. Congrats to all who wanted this piece for so long now!

Reaction score
That staff and the current styrofoam inserts make me nervous.
I just knew I should've kept my mouth shut. I opened my Amanaman last night, and though the staff was fine, its right arm was completely broken off at the biceps. What a ****ing downer .....

Reaction score
I just knew I should've kept my mouth shut. I opened my Amanaman last night, and though the staff was fine, its right arm was completely broken off at the biceps. What a ****ing downer .....
Mine has his thumb that's holding the staff completely broke . PM'd Chuck who suggested I send CS a message through their site, which I did yesterday. Just waiting to hear back. It's the first one that I've ever received broken, so still have good odds. Just hoping I'm able to get a replacement.

Reaction score
Mine has his thumb that's holding the staff completely broke . PM'd Chuck who suggested I send CS a message through their site, which I did yesterday. Just waiting to hear back. It's the first one that I've ever received broken, so still have good odds. Just hoping I'm able to get a replacement.
Yeah, I did the same thing (reached out via the customer service email). Here's hoping we can both get replacements.

Reaction score
Sorry your bust are damaged - we're on it!
Thanks Chuck. I just got a response from Richard, so I'll get him photos. I was hoping you had some reserves for replacements. No worries that it was damaged...like i said, my first one, so pretty good ratio of broken ones to good ones in the past for me :)

Reaction score
Arrived today. love it...truly awesome and it's a real home run. Totally worth the money, the wait and the Amanaman campaign!

Reaction score
Congrats, Max. I know how bad you wanted this mini bust and I'm happy to see yours made it safe and sound. Looking forward to getting mine next week and keeping my fingers crossed hoping nothing shows up broken. It's a great looking bust in a not so great Styrofoam enclosure.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Due to the size of Anamaman, I had to place him in the front to get him to fit. He fits nicely into the collection. Nice sculpt!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks good, yugousc. Congrats! I had to do the same thing you did with Amanaman with the Tatooine Luke holding the saber up high. I guess once I get mine I'll do the same. Great display!

Reaction score
Mine arrived Friday and my Amanaman is damaged :( the staff has broken from his hand. Also his fingers on his staff hand have been applied pretty poorly, I did think they were broken but no just poor workmanship.
I would have preferred him to be a bit brighter as well.

Reaction score
Mine arrived Friday and my Amanaman is damaged :( the staff has broken from his hand. Also his fingers on his staff hand have been applied pretty poorly, I did think they were broken but no just poor workmanship.
I would have preferred him to be a bit brighter as well.
Sorry to hear that, Carly. That truly sucks! Did you get in touch with GG for a replacement? I'm wondering if they'll make you cut off his head and send it to them all the way from Nottingham. Anyway, I hope your issue gets resolved fast. Now I'm a bit concerned about how mine will show up this coming week. That Styrofoam needs to go.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, Carly. That truly sucks! Did you get in touch with GG for a replacement? I'm wondering if they'll make you cut off his head and send it to them all the way from Nottingham. Anyway, I hope your issue gets resolved fast. Now I'm a bit concerned about how mine will show up this coming week. That Styrofoam needs to go.
I'm going to send Richard some pictures later today, I have his email as I cancelled an order the other week for the last Jedi 1/6 statue pair. I have little confidence they would arrive in one piece and I don't like this new sending back body parts nonsense.
I really don't like the new packaging, it just starts to crumble in your hands, you have no idea which is the top and bottom, it's just awful.

Reaction score
Hopefully everything will go well for you. I'm just wondering if when they send you a replacement you'll have to pay again all those customs fees. I just hope it gets worked out in a way where you won't. Yes, the Styrofoam is so weak compared to what was used before. The McSandy's Styrofoam was awful! The one for the Space Trooper was a bit more rigid but still, those weird cut outs in that material and the way the busts sit in there don't look as made to protect them that well. Maybe there aren't that many broken busts as they've said, since they started using it, but complaints about damaged mini busts do have increased as of lately, so there is an issue somewhere.

Reaction score
I've noticed they've put a disclaimer on the bottom of the box regarding the actual item arriving undamaged but not covering the box or packaging. (i.e. they probably expect the packaging and styrofoam not to last).

Reaction score
I contacted Gentle Giant, and as I suspected, people who ordered Amanaman with the Bib Fortuna bust are going to have to wait for the bust to come in before they get their items shipped.

Reaction score
I contacted Gentle Giant, and as I suspected, people who ordered Amanaman with the Bib Fortuna bust are going to have to wait for the bust to come in before they get their items shipped.
Nothing new. You need to read more than just the last page of a thread LOL. This was explained to you the first time you asked days ago on post 173

This is how the e-mail reads, thus I'm assuming your order will ship in September:

Three new Premier Guild 2018 Gifts have arrived in our warehouse and are shipping out this week!
Any orders which exclusively contain the following will be departing shortly:

• Space Trooper 1/6 Mini-Bust
  • Princess Leia (Bespin) 1/6 Mini-Bust
  • Amanaman 1/6 Mini-Bust
Anyone who ordered the Bib Fortuna Jumbo Figure, either on its own or with another item, your order will ship in September.
Sincerely,
Gentle Giant Ltd.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I received mine, but the hand that's holding the stick has a broken finger. I think the tape they put around it was made too tight. Now I'll contact Gentle Giant for a replacement.

Reaction score
Nothing new. You need to read more than just the last page of a thread LOL. This was explained to you the first time you asked days ago on post 173
I have in fact read the entire thread since I posted, and that post. As far as I can tell, literally everyone who has had theirs ship has had it ship "in September." But the email I got inquiring about my order said that they expect Bib to come in about two weeks, after which I will be contacted to confirm shipping. Even assuming they manage to ship it by the end of the month, it means that people who ordered the bust along with Bib will receive it about a month later than other people. That seems like something worth sharing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Got my Amanaman yesterday and Wow! This thing is a beauty in all his ugliness and massive size. So big the box it comes in is just as big as the one for a 12" statue. No issues with it as far as anything broken or not painted right. So, another great mini bust delivered (unfortunately) in a crumbly Styrofoam tray and generic writing under the base. Very happy with the way the sculpt turned out, so another hit scored by GG in my view. I'll post some pictures of my sample when I get a chance over the weekend. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I received mine, but the hand that's holding the stick has a broken finger. I think the tape they put around it was made too tight. Now I'll contact Gentle Giant for a replacement.
Same here. CS responded pretty quickly. Now I have to break both arms off and mail them in. This will be a sad day to break this bust even further...but I'll get a replacement, so that is good news!

Reaction score
Same here. CS responded pretty quickly. Now I have to break both arms off and mail them in. This will be a sad day to break this bust even further...but I'll get a replacement, so that is good news!
I emailed Richard on Sunday, still waiting. I've already cancelled one order because of fear of having to send body parts back from the UK and getting a paltry $5 back when it will cost closer to $40. On top of that I'll probably end up with more customs fees because they can't put the correct value on the invoice!

Reaction score
They asked me to do the same thing. Not only did I break off the other arm, but I absolutely destroyed both of them to fit them in a small box. Without his arms, Amanaman looks like an actual bust now.

Reaction score
Is there a direct email address I can use for their customer service rather than having to use their website? I’ve got a few pictures of the damage and i’m Buggered if I’m sending any of the pieces back to the US.

Reaction score
Taking some pictures today I noticed the Amanaman sample I received has a cracked/separated finger ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Taking some pictures today I noticed the Amanaman sample I received has a cracked/separated finger ...

Sorry man, seems like a broken record these days with Diamond sadly. Hopefully your replacement comes quickly and in the condition one expects at these prices.

Reaction score
When I got my Amanaman box, I immediately thought 'This wont fit my display', and so I decided NOT to actually open it (I guess so I can use it as trade-bait).

But, out of curiosity, just exactly HOW TALL is this bust to the top of his spear?

Thanks in advance.

-Wolf

(edit) After reading about broken fingers and other quality issues., I might have to rip the tape anyway before I trade it away. I want HAPPY traders only. So I might be able to answer the height q myself. But if anyone else can answer, I'd still appreciate it. -wolf

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sorry man, seems like a broken record these days with Diamond sadly. Hopefully your replacement comes quickly and in the condition one expects at these prices.
Thanks, Travis. I hate having to go through the same process I went last month with the McQuarrie Sandtrooper, breaking off parts, packing and shipping them. That's time taken away from other things I got to do and honestly, this shouldn't be happening. One thing I noticed with Amanaman is that he is all one piece. For an item this large and having some weight to it, I think the hand with the staff/spear should have been a separate piece you could attach to the body via magnets (as it was for the Space Trooper), and have it protected in a separate cutting of the package. Instead it rests on top of a spongy material all together with the rest of the bust. Also for the hand holding the staff, the finger area is taped up way too tight several times around the staff thus causing stress to it, and I feel that the poor design of the package along the weak Styrofoam used allow for the product to shift while in transit causing stress to delicate areas thus cracking them or breaking them. I know not everyone got a damage item, and that is great. I'm happy every time I see a collector receives a perfect item, but as it has been with these four mini busts we've gotten lately, chances are higher a person will receive his/her product damaged mainly because of how it sits inside the Styrofoam.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Amanaman in da house ! I'm sorry so many of you guys had cracked fingers on your busts ! Mine seems to be in good shape. Did a short video review of the bust if anyone wants to check it out. If ya think its decent , click " Like / subscribe " for me. Julian , I used your campaign poster as my thumbnail for the video. Hope ya don't mind. I can always change it if you'd rather I didn't use it.

https://youtu.be/htZ4W9yWTzI

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk