Amanaman Mini Bust - 2018 PGM Gift #3

Reaction score
My life will be complete when GG does a line of Eddie busts starting with "Somewhere In Time".
Man, that would be fantastic! Can you imagine all the possibilities?... indeed, Somewhere in Time with all that muscle and flesh showing would be great... as The Trooper with the English flag, Piece of Mind with the strait Jacket, Killers with the ax, Made in Japan with the Katana, Powerslave as an Egyptian Pharaoh ...awww one can dream!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Did you catch Maiden on the Legacy of the Beast tour this summer? I would love a line of Eddie busts. And I think I saw that Funko has some Eddie pops planned too.
I did not, which sucks really. The only one time I've seen Maiden in concert was in Madison Square Garden October 8, 1983. My birthday is also in October, so my parents had asked what it was I wanted for my upcoming birthday, What do you think I said? :) I've been a fan of Maiden since the Paul Di'anno years. I remember how we kids were feeling back in those days wondering if the replacement of the band's singer with Bruce D.I.C.Kinson would be any good. It did not take long to find out. Bruce just took the band to the stratosphere. I still like both singers, but Bruce and his operatic vocal style... wow! So now there are three of us wanting Eddie mini busts, who does social media to ask GG for them? :) Cool I had no idea Funko was getting into Maiden.

Getting back to the thread's topic here:

Hey guys!

GG replied to a Facebook post I made...

When does Amanaman mini bust ship?

Thanks, Max for the great news. Looking forward to getting this mini bust the soonest, provided hurricane Dorian does not affect mail delivery too severely.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was very fortunate and saw them play a 3 hour gig at the Hammerstein ballroom. It was one of a handful of shows which served as an audition of sorts for Bruce to return from the band after his departure. Their set was simply every notable song from every album including the Blaze era songs.no seats standing room only. First time that i ever saw them with 3 guitarists. An incredible show, and on a 20 dollar ticket. I've seen them a few times since, but was floored by the ticket prices now. But for all intents and purposes one of the most Legendary bands of our generation. Saw Dianno solo, but I wish I'd seen him with Maiden.

Reaction score
This thread should be renamed "The Aman Maiden" thread :)

That's a pretty cool story, man. Yes, ticket prices these days are beyond belief. No offense to anyone, but sometimes I look at prices of what a ticket costs these days for some of these new acts and some so called "artists" where many of them sound the same and there is no chance for a musician to show his talent, and I just have to laugh. Pay that much to see that act? Ha! But as with anything in this ever evolving life of ours, things change ...sometimes for the worst. I'm glad I saw Maiden, Ratt, Crue, VH, Metallica, Scorpions, and others at a time when musical talent was truly high (besides that other high), and ticket prices where a bit more affordable. Indeed, Maiden is one of the most successful and legendary bands of our generations. Oh, and don't get me into talking about Priest ( I don't care about his inclination. The guy's got a voice). If there is something I love just as much as Star Wars collecting, is Heavy Metal music. I know it is not for everyone, but to me it will always remain as a time in my life when we weren't so much at a war with each other, and all we wanted to do was "Rock" :)

* I personally apologize to others than don't care about this for having derailed the thread a bit with all this HM talk.

Yes! Amanaman ... A. M. A. N. A. M. A. N . We've waited so long and now you are coming home. Time to meet all your brothers and sisters mini busts. They're gonna throw you a party and the first song they'll play is gonna be: "Hallowed be that Name" :)

Reaction score
I've meen into metal and punk since the 70s lol. I'm in my late 40s and have seen em all. Glad i did then. I had an opportunity to go see the Misfits with Danzig for my birthday. It was a bucket list thing i thought would never happen. Hell on my 18th birthday i got a Misfits tattoo! My wife told me the tickets started at $250... I passed without hesitation and got a few vintage POTF last 17 figs instead... This is all the result of people downloading music.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I ordered the bust along with the Bib Fortuna Jumbo figure, but I haven’t received any email about shipping. Should I be concerned?

Reaction score
I ordered the bust along with the Bib Fortuna Jumbo figure, but I haven’t received any email about shipping. Should I be concerned?
This is how the e-mail reads, thus I'm assuming your order will ship in September:

Three new Premier Guild 2018 Gifts have arrived in our warehouse and are shipping out this week!
Any orders which exclusively contain the following will be departing shortly:

• Space Trooper 1/6 Mini-Bust
  • Princess Leia (Bespin) 1/6 Mini-Bust
  • Amanaman 1/6 Mini-Bust
Anyone who ordered the Bib Fortuna Jumbo Figure, either on its own or with another item, your order will ship in September.
Sincerely,
Gentle Giant Ltd.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is how the e-mail reads, thus I'm assuming your order will ship in September:

Three new Premier Guild 2018 Gifts have arrived in our warehouse and are shipping out this week!
Any orders which exclusively contain the following will be departing shortly:

• Space Trooper 1/6 Mini-Bust
  • Princess Leia (Bespin) 1/6 Mini-Bust
  • Amanaman 1/6 Mini-Bust
Anyone who ordered the Bib Fortuna Jumbo Figure, either on its own or with another item, your order will ship in September.
Sincerely,
Gentle Giant Ltd.
I ordered all three busts and haven’t gotten any shipping notices yet. I did update my payment a few days ago.

Reaction score
No shipping notices for me either, Zod. Only the-mail pointing out they would start shipping this week. I haven't been charged for the one bust I paid for out of the three "gift" mini busts. I'm assuming, since today was Labor Day, they'll begin processing the orders and shipping them starting tomorrow. Possibly for next week and the week after these will start to arrive at door steps... hopefully.

Edit: I was charged for the Spacetrooper, which is the one I paid for. Leia and Amanaman, my gifts, still show on a different order as "Pending Pre-Order".

Last edited:
Reaction score
So is Amanaman at their warehouse or not? Going but what the status of my order shows, and their exact description of what it means ....

Pending Pre-Order
: We are waiting for this item arrive from the Factory. In this status you have access through the Order Details to update your Payment Method/Billing Address and your Shipping Address.

Last edited:
Reaction score
:whistling:

Awaiting Fulfillment: Your Order is paid, and will be sent to our Warehouse team to be fulfilled within the next 2-4 hours. If you need to make any changes to your order, please click on Contact Us to reach out to our Customer Service.

Reaction score
Mine says awaiting shipping. And it looks like my two gifts are shipping together. Got charged $32. for the two of them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
So, my Amanaman and Leia are showing up now as "Awaiting shipment" and my Spacetrooper shows now " Shipped". Alright!!!

Reaction score
Both Amanaman and the Spacetrooper have shipped ... complete with tracking numbers! For whatever that's worth.

Reaction score
Both Amanaman and the Spacetrooper have shipped ... complete with tracking numbers! For whatever that's worth.
LOL.. not worth much. Based on my experience the package arrives before the tracking ever updates.

GAT

Reaction score
I will say it is nice to see GG use usps priority mail. It’s much faster than the service they used to use.

Reaction score
anyone have the customer service number handy? need to call them since my credit card expired.

Reaction score
anyone have the customer service number handy? need to call them since my credit card expired.
I don’t think the have a CS# anymore. Was removed when DST took over. Pretty sure email is the only form of correspondence now.

Reaction score
Yup. Just as Hellboy mentioned, and as I learned when communicating with them to replace my messed up McQuarrie Sandtrooper, e-mails are the only way to get in touch with them now, and Richard Martinez is the one in charge of any problems with your collectibles and/or credit card issues.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Speaking of Richard Martinez, I had a bit of a scare yesterday....

I check my Yahoo only about once a week and noticed a 9/2 email from GG - I opened excitingly hoping to see a shipment notice for Amanaman and instead I see that my order was DECLINED! Come to find out I originally ordered with a credit card that we cancelled so when they tried to charge the bust, it was kicked back. I thought I lost the order completely and I frantically contacted them right away. It was Richard who settled my nerves and told me I just needed to up the cc info (which I did) then he told me everything was ok and back on track.

Phew! I would have been pretty damn upset if I lost this order for the big green and yellow headhunter guy!

Yesterday Richard told me it's in the 24-48 awaiting shipment bucket but I didn't get a notice yet. I'm thinking early next week he arrives!

Reaction score
Thanks for letting us know about the generic base and crappy styrofoam ... again. I guess they are the norm these days, unless they want to change it. So much we can say, ultimately they have the last word. Amanaman looks great, and that's the most important thing. Congratulations on getting a good sample!.

I hope you don't mind, I'm putting up your pictures here ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Congrats! Paint app is darker than I expected. That’s not a knock on him though, he looks great.

Reaction score
Congrats! Paint app is darker than I expected. That’s not a knock on him though, he looks great.
I agree. Previous pictures showed him to be quite light with bright colors, which I believe it was probably the lighting when those pics were taken. In CW_Walker's picture above you can see the color hues are a bit more toned down. I like it.

Reaction score
I now have a new favorite bust
He's huge, has gorgeous paint, and is just about perfect. My only nitpicks are the generic base and the bottom of his staff is a tad to long so he doesn't sit flush. He doesn't wobble so it's not a big deal with mine but it is noticeable when I set him down. He has the cheaper styrofoam but there is a softer cushy foam packed around him for extra padding. All in all I am very pleased with him. I've wanted an Amanaman bust ever since I began collecting GG 11 years ago

Here are some quick pics...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk