Amanaman Mini Bust - 2018 PGM Gift #3

Reaction score
I'm wondering if DST could give us an update on when this particular bust and all other PG gifts will be arriving and shipped. I'm guessing May or June, but what do I know? :)
I am very sorry but at this time I can not comment on future SW items - I appreciate your patience.

Reaction score
I am very sorry but at this time I can not comment on future SW items - I appreciate your patience.
Hello Mr. Chuck. This is not a future Star Wars item. This is one of the PGM mini bust gifts from last year for which a membership was paid by many of us. I'm inquiring too about when will Bespin Leia, Spacetrooper and Amanaman, the three PGM gifts from 2018, be arriving and be shipped? Thank you.

Reaction score
Sample being shown at Celebration. The painting and details are fantastic. As per the sign next to it, it is showing as a Summer release? ... Summer starts on June 21st so there's still a while ...

Reaction score
As long as they don’t try & sell it to us again, I’ve already secured mine & it's taking far too long to be released. :(

Reaction score
As long as they don’t try & sell it to us again, I’ve already secured mine & it's taking far too long to be released. :(
Yup . The date on the card next to him puts its release time anywhere between June 21st and September 23, which would be the end of Summer. Also, I'm not sure if anything has been said at the panels about future releases. All that's at their booth is everything we already knew about.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well I’ve spent the last 3 weeks in hospital & 8 days in a hospice, my health is definitely taking a nose dive with this cancer, I honestly thought they’d sent me to the hospice to die..., made a recovery though so still got some life in me yet, just not sure how much unfortunately & neither do the doctors, they are amazed I’m still alive which I guess is good but if they are expecting me to die then I really am in limbo, hopefully I’ll see last years gifts before I checkout though. :)

Reaction score
I’ve been keeping you & your family in my prayers Kev. The force will be with you, always.

Reaction score
I’ve been keeping you & your family in my prayers Kev. The force will be with you, always.
Thanks, very thoughtful of you. :) I’m just glad to be home at the moment, feel much better when in my own surroundings..., already thinking I don’t have enough Star Wars collectibles anymore so that’s a good sign if the collector in me still thinks I can.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was at Celebration and let me tell you, this bust is FANTASTIC!! Great sculpt, great paint and he is HUGE. I talked to the guy at the Gentle Gi....er....Diamond booth and he said about 2 more months and we'll be seeing him. I told him how we came to together and asked for this one and he told me that they will pretty much make any bust if the demand is high enough. If you have something on your wish list, it may just come!

I took several close ups that turned out good but I am not sure how to post them.

Reaction score
Thank you for the update, Max. Yeah, he is scheduled for Summer so it is just about two months away if he gets here on time. Glad to know if the demand is there, they'll make whatever people want.

I still think there should be voting for each of the films and TV shows, and that based on the winners for each one of those, that should be what to make next. That way everyone gets a slice of the cake. Personally, I'm done doing campaign posters, as I did for Amanaman, etc, but I'll stand behind anything OT that gets pushed. The only thing I truly want them to release at this time is Squidhead AKA Tessek, so Kevin can have one. Thanks again for the info , Max.

Reaction score
I took several close ups that turned out good but I am not sure how to post them.
Hit Photo Gallery at the top of the page and then right under it you'll see "upload photos". Once you've done that, come back here and reply to a message and in the lower left of your reply you'll see a My Photos button which will insert your photo into the post.

Reaction score
I've noticed Max and RS pictures show Amanaman having a rather shiny base, instead of the more muted black of the regular bases. I'm wondering if the shine on the pictures is due to the flash or is the base really that shiny? :confused:

Reaction score
I think it might be a shiny base, I do recall them doing that to more than one base though so chalked it up to an error..., Amanaman looks amazing despite the shiny base though. B)

Reaction score
I wandered over to the GG booth just to check out Amanaman yesterday... he's super impressive, and even though I knew he'd be larger than the average mini-bust, I was surprised by how big he is.

A+, can't wait to get him.

Reaction score
I'm sure it's just because it's a hand painted artists proof.
Agree. Most likely the ones we get will have the muted black finish to match the rest. But heck, even if the base was that shiny it is still a fantastic sculpt. They really outdid themselves creating this one. There have been some misses through the years, but overall they do have some great artists working and their sculpting is fantastic, hence why I keep going back for more. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have a silly question. If I sign up for the top tier of the premiere guild, am I still eligible to choose the gifts from this year’s offering? I really want to get this and the maul statue, or is it just the statue and nothing else..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
I believe you still can get Amanaman, despite the cut off date for the preorders being September of last year. Django was able to preorder an Amanaman I believe not too long ago, if I'm correct. But don't quote me on it, as I'm not 100% sure if you still can do this. You will probably have a better shot at the Maul statue if they have any left after Celebration. Best thing would be for you to give GG/DST a call so you can get a straight answer directly from the horse's mouth. It 'd be a shame if you pay for a PGM now only to find out neither one of these two items you want is available.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I believe you still can get Amanaman, despite the cut off date for the preorders being September of last year. Django was able to preorder an Amanaman I believe not too long ago, if I'm correct. But don't quote me on it, as I'm not 100% sure if you still can do this. You will probably have a better shot at the Maul statue if they have any left after Celebration. Best thing would be for you to give GG/DST a call so you can get a straight answer directly from the horse's mouth. It 'd be a shame if you pay for a PGM now only to find out neither one of these two items you want is available.
I ordered my Amanaman not even two weeks ago. I am sure you can still order it if you sign up for a new PGM (I am silver BTW) but like Julian said, it doesn't hurt to call them first.

Reaction score
I’m hoping the extension to June 30th means we’ll have our gift options by then..., looking forward to seeing what they come up with for the new 2019 PGM year, it’ll be 2019-2020 PGM year by then though, can’t believe how slow they seem to be every year with getting our items to us, especially when they don’t really make that much anymore (compared to the many years previous).

Reaction score
I’m hoping the extension to June 30th means we’ll have our gift options by then..., looking forward to seeing what they come up with for the new 2019 PGM year, it’ll be 2019-2020 PGM year by then though, can’t believe how slow they seem to be every year with getting our items to us, especially when they don’t really make that much anymore (compared to the many years previous).
You have a valid point, Kev. I mean Animated Boba came out pretty quick, as did Hera for the Con. Not sure why these can be announced and produced in a quick fashion but then Amanaman, Spacetrooper, Ashoka take some time to release? I'm sure there is more on the back end to this then we know about but it is crazy how long some of these take to get out.

Reaction score
You have a valid point, Kev. I mean Animated Boba came out pretty quick, as did Hera for the Con. Not sure why these can be announced and produced in a quick fashion but then Amanaman, Spacetrooper, Ashoka take some time to release? I'm sure there is more on the back end to this then we know about but it is crazy how long some of these take to get out.
Not sure about Ashoka, but the difference with the PGM busts is that they’re made based on the number of memberships, so they’re announced based on sketches then the whole manufacturing process takes place after. With Hera or animated Fett, they decide, manufacture, and then announce close to when they’re done.

Reaction score
Whenever I see pictures of the bust I think why is not there finally a 1:6 Cantina / Jabba Palace alien statue :(!

Reaction score
Whenever I see pictures of the bust I think why is not there finally a 1:6 Cantina / Jabba Palace alien statue :(!
Well, Sven, now that DST were inquiring during Celebration about what Cantina patrons people wanted to see made as mini busts next, your wishing for a Cantina/ Jabba's Palace alien statue might be a possibility not too far from us. I'd definitely buy an Amanaman statue to go along with the mini bust as well as any Cantina aliens they wish to produce.

Reaction score
Yeah , can’t wait to see what they have in store for us in the future !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Amanaman, Oh! And I thought last year that by now you would be home with the rest of the collection. It's a longer wait as Chuck mentioned when they took over in February poor Amanaman and the rest of the PG gifts had not gone into production yet!. Sad, sad it was to find out! :( but the wait can only make the reward sweeter, and when you get home "little one", I'll throw a party just for you with tiny glasses of beer and blue milk and we'll have some 7 layers cake too. Just wait and see! :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was at Celebration and let me tell you, this bust is FANTASTIC!! Great sculpt, great paint and he is HUGE. I talked to the guy at the Gentle Gi....er....Diamond booth and he said about 2 more months and we'll be seeing him. I told him how we came to together and asked for this one and he told me that they will pretty much make any bust if the demand is high enough. If you have something on your wish list, it may just come!
Quoting myself here...is that allowed? LOL

So the Diamond dude said about 2 more months while I was at Celebration....if he was correct and they are still on schedule (ha ha), we may be seeing this one very soon! Here's to hoping! (Post above was on 4-13-19).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Would love to get him soon. But also want him to come out high quality even though he was put on the fast track / rush job in order to finally get him out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Quoting myself here...is that allowed? LOL

So the Diamond dude said about 2 more months while I was at Celebration....if he was correct and they are still on schedule (ha ha), we may be seeing this one very soon! Here's to hoping! (Post above was on 4-13-19).
Would love to get him soon. But also want him to come out high quality even though he was put on the fast track / rush job in order to finally get him out.
Yes. I rather wait a little and have him looking like the prototype. I'm a bit confused as to when it will actually be released. I think I read somewhere its release date had been moved up to the year's third quarter, sometime between July and September. Not 100% sure, but I think this has been the longest time we've waited for a PGM gift to get to us.

Reaction score
New pics of this guy posted on FB last night. He looks great !

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Thanks for posting these pictures. He looks great. All we need to know now is when they start to ship him. It's been a long wait and hopefully the samples we get look just as good as those pictures.