Amanaman Mini Bust - 2018 PGM Gift #3

Reaction score
This one looks better the more I see it & Julians picture definitely helped for us to see it more clearly defined, so looking forward to adding this to my collection, you definitely picked a great looking character to get behind there Julian, it’s awesome. :)

Reaction score
This one looks better the more I see it & Julians picture definitely helped for us to see it more clearly defined, so looking forward to adding this to my collection, you definitely picked a great looking character to get behind there Julian, it’s awesome. :)
All of us that, one way or another, got behind it anyway we could deserve a lot of credit. Persistence pays, despite any obstacles and/or backlash we could find on the way. I still cannot believe it is being made. I rarely PM anyone from GG, but I went ahead when I found out about Amanaman getting the mini bust treatment, and thanked Daniel for getting this going for us. To me, it is exciting to see a character that stands a very little chance, but one that many have wanted, getting produced. I even like more the fact the pose is very close to the mini bust mock-up I first made.

Reaction score
AMANAMAN Mini Bust - 2018 PGM Gift #3

There’s a video on YouTube where Daniel is showing all the new stuff at SDCC , and you get an even better look at the bust.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’m really happy they are making this one for us, definitely gets me more enthusiastic when there’s a new character we’ve all been talking about & asking for..., was especially good as it didn’t win the vote but they gave it to us as well as Ahsoka, there’s a definite way to get yourself some happy collectors/customers. :)

Reaction score
Jaw dropping sculpting and painting on the Amanaman mini bust. I just want to have it right now!

Reaction score
Yeah, the detailing on this one look really impressive..., it’s going to be the star mini-bust out of the PGM gifts next year I’m sure. :)

Reaction score
Amanaman, Bespin Leia, and Spacetrooper are next year's releases. Yavin Leia and the Holiday Fett are expected to be with us sometime this year. But, will there be anything else to look forward to this year other than Yavin Leia and the Holiday Fett? What else will be released as far as mini busts after the ones we already know about? :confused:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Amanaman, Bespin Leia, and Spacetrooper are next year's releases. Yavin Leia and the Holiday Fett are expected to be with us sometime this year. But, will there be anything else to look forward to this year other than Yavin Leia and the Holiday Fett? What else will be released as far as mini busts after the ones we already know about? :confused:
Still so many characters missing from episodes 7&8. If Ahsoka and the range trooper are getting solicited next month then any new releases are probably a good way off.

Reaction score
Yeah. I'm surprised, although I do not collect pass EP VI , that no Luke, Han Solo or Leia from the ST have been released at this point. I wish they were able to produce a listing of what is expected to become available throughout the year as a heads-up.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That has really turned out nicely, not that I thought he wouldn’t but it’s definitely a great looking mini-bust, can’t wait to see him in hand. :)

Reaction score
This one looks amazing. I have a feeling once it's open and on the shelf, it just might be my overall favorite bust. Well done!

Reaction score
Beautiful! My congratulations to the artist(s) that have worked on this mini bust. I'm very happy seeing this character turned from a popular wish to a real, palpable model, and I know quite a few folks will be happy having him in their collection. This is a huge piece, I'm calculation about 12" tall, give or take, from bottom of the base to top of the staff. It will definitely make a visual statement.

Reaction score
I absolutely love this piece and cannot wait to add him to the collection. Funny, he mentions the Kenner figure and the first time I saw that figure, it was at a flea market in a case with other SW loose figures. I told the seller that he had it wrong and that creature was not in SW and in the wrong display case. Obviously the seller knew more than some teenage punk and sure enough - he told me where to look for Amanaman in Jabba's Palace and as soon as I got home from the market I popped on the VHS tape (yes showing my age there) and lo and behold, there's Amanaman next to Han in Carbonite! Ever since then, Amanaman has been my favorite character and now you know why!! LOL

Reaction score
That's a pretty cool story you told there, Max. I always enjoy reading what characters make folks feel more inclined towards them and why. As for he VHS tapes showing your age, I proudly have them all. Age is but a number, how you feel inside is all that matters. :)

* To me Amanaman has always been one of those characters from Star Wars, so weird looking, that totally brings up the thought of a galaxy far, far away. Now , if I'd have to choose my favorite alien, It'd have to be Ephant Mon.

Reaction score
When are we getting the PGM gifts this year, is it July? I’m thinking May for some reason but that’s probably just because I want them ASAP. :)

Reaction score
What a comeback, Hank! I'm right there with you :)

* Where the heck have you been? :)
I took a little break Julian. There hasn't been much Star Wars news to talk about. I've been getting into Sideshow's Court of the Dead line lately. But haven't been posting anything in that section either. Hope all the regulars on here are doing well !

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I absolutely love this piece and cannot wait to add him to the collection. Funny, he mentions the Kenner figure and the first time I saw that figure, it was at a flea market in a case with other SW loose figures. I told the seller that he had it wrong and that creature was not in SW and in the wrong display case. Obviously the seller knew more than some teenage punk and sure enough - he told me where to look for Amanaman in Jabba's Palace and as soon as I got home from the market I popped on the VHS tape (yes showing my age there) and lo and behold, there's Amanaman next to Han in Carbonite! Ever since then, Amanaman has been my favorite character and now you know why!! LOL
Max,

We're all aged. LOL Like you and Julian and others, I have these on VHS as well. It is now the only way I know of to watch the originals without any new extra features. This way I still get to see that Han shot first.

Reaction score
Max,

We're all aged. LOL Like you and Julian and others, I have these on VHS as well. It is now the only way I know of to watch the originals without any new extra features. This way I still get to see that Han shot first.
I own the DVDs from about 10+ years ago now. They did for the briefest of time the Special Editions with the originals (2 disc). The original, unaltered ones I believe are from laserdisc and the transfer is not great, but getting to watch the OT unaltered in what is the highest quality I am aware of possible is still awesome.

Original Boba voice, Han shooting first, no bad CGI Jabba, the original Max Rebo band song and original Ewok song, Luke saying R2 must not have tasted very good, etc.

And yes, I am probably as old as you all are.

Reaction score
I have the unaltered OT on LaserDisc. Luckily I've manged to keep finding new LD players to replace those that have broken down so that I can continue watching the OT. I quite simply refuse to own/watch the SE versions of these films.

Reaction score
Ummm , I’m ready for my Amanaman bust now , please........thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Is it too late to order this now that GG have been sold? With the news of the end of the bust lines I may pick this up now if possible.

Reaction score
Cut off was in September I believe, ages ago anyway. There may be some available once they start shipping our orders out, seems to be the way they do things if looking at previous years.

Reaction score
Cut off was in September I believe, ages ago anyway. There may be some available once they start shipping our orders out, seems to be the way they do things if looking at previous years.
Cool, thanks for the info Kev. I will keep an eye out when they start to ship to see if there are any left from canceled orders.

Reaction score
I'm wondering if DST could give us an update on when this particular bust and all other PG gifts will be arriving and shipped. I'm guessing May or June, but what do I know? :)