Amanaman Mini Bust - 2018 PGM Gift #3

Reaction score
And finally after years of wanting this obscure character from Jabba's Palace to take on the mini bust form, and after quite a bit of campaigning for it, Gentle Giant surprised us all with its announcement as a PGM gift for 2018. While we are a year away from its release, let this be the discussion thread for this character. Pictures will be added as time passes and updates come in about his development.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Who was Amanaman?

Amanaman was a mysterious and fearsome Amani headhunter from the planet Maridun, approximately eight feet tall. He wielded a three-pointed wooden staff which bore three human skulls and various smaller pieces of human remains. These trophies are a testament to the hunter's enormous brawn, dexterity and cunning; he almost certainly killed his prey bare-handed. The adventurer Amanaman was first seen in Return of Jedi entertaining himself as a guest at the Palace of Jabba the Hutt.

- Gentle Giant's first glance at the development of the mini bust:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Woooohoooo!!! I'm a really happy man right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Very happy for everyone that wanted this character made. And a big thanks to all of those that, one way or another, helped bring to GG's attention the desire for this character. Moreover, thanks to GG for making our wishes a reality and moving forward with Amanaman's production.

Reaction score
I was very pleased to see this guy, of course we all hope for something special or maybe just something personally appealing & when it turns up it definitely makes for a happy feeling..., we are quite lucky really because unless your into Hasbro figures there’s very little chance you’d get something like this in your collection, it’s a great choice & although I’d not have picked it before others, I’m glad Julian brought it to my attention with his use of visual creativity, I’m pretty sure he could sell any character to me after one of his initial poster type campaign start ups. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Do I need to even say anything?! Well, I will say this: Amanaman's appearance plunged me right into my first PG subscription with no hesitations. After many, many years of hoping for this guy, he will finally be in my collection. Yes!

I'll have to tell you my Amanaman story a little later......

Last edited:
Reaction score
Very happy for everyone that wanted this character made. And a big thanks to all of those that, one way or another, helped bring to GG's attention the desire for this character. Moreover, thanks to GG for making our wishes a reality and moving forward with Amanaman's production.
....and we want to THANK YOU! You were definitely the strongest driving force behind the Amanaman campaign. So many great pictures you posted, loved it! :)

Reaction score
I've been pining for an Amanaman bust for a few years. I'm also interested in the Spacetrooper bust. 2017 was my first experience with signing up for the Premiere Guild and, to be honest, Gentle Giant's customer has been very subpar. I'm awaiting for 2017 to process and to receive my bust. Provided that moves along smoothly I'll be in for a platinum membership this year.

Reaction score
This guy will definitely be a cool addition to our collections !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ill admit, this year was going to be an easy pass for me, as I have virtually zero interests in any of the new busts. However, that’s perfectly fine with me! I’m genuinely happy for those of you whom campaigned for this guy, I can understand how excited you guys are. Plus there’s a couple of older busts I’m still waiting for a good price on, haha. However with that being said...the more I look at A-man the more I like it! I have a level in one of my detolf that is reserved for my favourite Bounty hunters. I currently have Boba/Jango/Aurra Sing/Bossk & IG-88, but there’s definitely room for oneeeeee more. Now I always hoped I’d one day fill that slot with a Cad Bane, but I think A-man could make a nice addition. Any idea of the size demensions ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well I’ve ordered Amanaman as one of my PG gifts. I know I voted for Ahsoka, but there was always a chance that I’d order this. Let’s see which one arrives first.... ;)

Amanaman seems to have skulls hanging from his staff. It would be funny if we got a special edition version with Dooku, Ponda Baba and Dr Aphra’s skulls hanging from it to mark his victory in the vote and quick announcement.... lol!!

Reaction score
Well I’ve ordered Amanaman as one of my PG gifts. I know I voted for Ahsoka, but there was always a chance that I’d order this. Let’s see which one arrives first.... ;)

Amanaman seems to have skulls hanging from his staff. It would be funny if we got a special edition version with Dooku, Ponda Baba and Dr Aphra’s skulls hanging from it to mark his victory in the vote and quick announcement.... lol!!

You never know. Unless you are a forensic doctor, to the untrained eye, skulls are skulls. For all purposes those hanging from his staff could be the ones you mentioned. I guess we can leave that opened to individual interpretation? :) Anyway, I'm hoping to see a painted sample of him in July during SDCC.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You never know. Unless you are a forensic doctor, to the untrained eye, skulls are skulls. For all purposes those hanging from his staff could be the ones you mentioned. I guess we can leave that opened to individual interpretation? :) Anyway, I'm hoping to see a painted sample of him in July during SDCC.
Best leave that image to my overdeveloped imagination..... ;) Lol

Hope when you see a painted prototype of Amanaman it doesn’t disappoint. Although arguably you did much of the design work for GG with your mock up images...

Reaction score
Haha! One can only try. As long as Amanaman is not painted red with blue stripes and he doesn't end up holding a baseball bat instead of a staff, I'll be fine. Just the thought of that happening ...wow! :)

Reaction score
Haha! One can only try. As long as Amanaman is not painted red with blue stripes and he doesn't end up holding a baseball bat instead of a staff, I'll be fine. Just the thought of that happening ...wow! :)
Haha

There has to be a mock up of that for a cringeworthy laugh! Mustn't forget the Micky ears..... LOL

Anyway before this thread goes down a rathole and we give Disney marketers ideas we really wished we hadn't.... I will reign myself in a bit! ;)

Reaction score
AMANAMAN Mini Bust - 2018 PGM Gift #3

Really hope the skulls are hanging off by a little “ leather “ strap or something , and not just sculpted to the staff !

Last edited:
Reaction score
Really hope the skulls are hanging off by a little “ leather “ strap or something , and not just sculpted to the staff !

I certainly hope so. They could do something similar to what they did with the Logray mini bust, where the bones are hanging from the staff using a string. A leather strap would look better though. It's a little difficult to tell, but I think the movie prop had the skulls attached to the staff by long strands of hair coming out from their tops. That could be something they could do as well, if they want to go that deep into detailing it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah. As long as they're hanging down loose it'll be cool.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I'm sure they'll use string for that, but leather would be cool!

Going back to what somebody said earlier about them not really being interested in any of the offerings this year, I'm on the other side of that fence and I love every offering this year! I don't think there's been an offering in a long time where I wanted every piece and at that point in time there weren't as many offerings then as there are now.

The first time I commented on the space trooper I did not know what it was, but after I saw it I thought it was a cool idea for a PGM gift! I thought it was a space trooper from the old Hasbro EU figure line.

Bespin Leia... Leia is always a great choice! Now all we need is Bespin Luke and to hope they don't butcher his face like they did on the statue!

Amanaman... totally stoked about this! I've been wanting this bust for for a long time, but never thought they'd actually make one!

Darth Maul collectors series statue is pretty freaking cool too! Even though my collection is going away from the PT, Darth Maul is still one of my favorites!

The jumbo figure... well ok, perhaps I don't care too much about that one, but if I collected that line I'd be all over it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
IMO if the skulls are indeed attached to the staff by their hair, I would rather see them just sculpted on.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah. I've been looking at a bunch of pictures and they are indeed, hanging by their hairs. If the skull are attached to the staff by the way of a string or leather strap, while it would have a more realistic look, I can see the possibility of it coming undone. If they are sculpted on, that would offer a less fragile staff, and will eliminate the possibility of whatever could be used to keep them attached to the staff, coming off. That said, if they stay true to the concept design, I believe they will be in fact sculpted on.

Reaction score
I’d prefer sculpted on for a collectible, I’m not a fan of string or hair, leather is ok but I always think long term when it comes to what I buy & over time the non polystone parts can become fragile or brittle, if that were to happen & the skulls then fall off (due to weight) I’d be gutted as it’d ruin the bust.

Reaction score
Wonder if there is any chance of seeing a painted prototype of this guy at SDCC 2018 ?

Reaction score
Wonder if there is any chance of seeing a painted prototype of this guy at SDCC 2018 ?

I thought Daniel said at some point there was the possibility of seeing a painted sample. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that is the case.

Reaction score
I’m hopeful that SDCC will let us see a painted prototype or Amanaman, Bespin Leia & the Ahsoka people’s choice mini-busts..., that & what the holiday piece is..., too hopeful maybe??? lol :) I’d love to see some in the works or upcoming mini-bust plans too, I feel the line has definitely picked up again & it’ll be great to know there are some standard releases in the near future too (as well as specials/exclusives). :)

Reaction score
I think there’s a good chance we’ll see all of those !

Reaction score
If anyone here goes to SDCC , please hook us up with some good pics !

Reaction score
Looks great, very happy with how he’s turned out..., looking forward to eventually adding this mini-bust to my collection, hopefully a bit sooner than last years PGM gifts. :)

Reaction score
Hell yeah! This guy is looking awesome! Fantastic 3D work with a very familiar pose. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I cleaned up the image a little bit so the mini bust could be better seen.

Reaction score
This is looking wonderful. It's nice to see the campaign be so successful and then be rewarded with a really decent looking end product. This was my 2nd gift that I picked from GG and I'm happy that I did so.