All Things Godzilla

Reaction score
Will the new film coming this week, I thought we should have a thread that that spotlights the new and old toys spawned from this license. I know NECA plans to release modern as well as old school-based Godzilla toys.

NECA 6" Modern Godzilla (12" long):

A bigger one:

And another:

And let's not forget the beautiful, but pricey X-Plus 12" versions of the big G being re-released this year!
'64 Godzilla:

2002 Version:

Baby G:

Reaction score
Agreed. It will be exciting though to see some classic G in that scale and price range with this level of detail and articulation. Saw on another forum that the NECA figure was found at TRU.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just got that giant one from Jakks yesterday at KMart for only $34! 13 points of articulation, a bit "soft" both in plastic & detailing, but at that price it is well worth it. This sucker is absolutely huge! I've got someone to help the NECA Balrog in a tag match against the G1 Fortress Maximus & modern Metroplex.

Reaction score
Haha! Nice Jedicrippler!! Thanks for the Jakks/KMart head-up! I think I want to buy one of these big 2014 Godzilla's and fill the joints, do some work on the teeth, and repaint it into a nice looking shelf/table-top piece. I think a lot of the big sculpts are really well done for the most part! I hope we see some MOTU designs/sculpts before interest fades.

Reaction score
NECA Godzilla arrived at my closest TRU today!

Very cool, great articulation but feels a bit small (despite being promoted as 12" head-to-tail!) and the paint job seems a bit bland.

The tail is very nice! A lot of joints plus the longest section is bendy.

Reaction score
Picked up 3 of the Showa Series blurays at Wal*Mart for $8 each. Passed on the Heisei & Millennium Series blurays since they didn't hold the same nostalgia for me. Couple more Showa Series titles come out in July. The transfers on them are good and watching them in Japanese with English subtitles is cool!

Reaction score
All Godzilla stuff is 25% off at TRU this week - I grabbed the NECA version but I am pretty sure the cashier had to manually take off the 25%

Reaction score
I'm totally psyched for the NECA figure, but a little bummed that it's not going to be in scale with their Pacific Rim stuff...
They're going to make a 24" head to tail figure too, which may be a bit closer, anyway.

Has anyone seen the little chibi figures from the new movie? I've only seen a few online listings for them.

Reaction score
Just picked up the Neca Godzilla at FYE. It's totally awesome. I've seen a few reviews on this figure that claim the jaw is non movable but I'm telling you that mine is in fact articulated. It's a very detailed and articulated figure. Hoping for a motu(sp)!

Reaction score
I totally agree with you guys, this NECA G rules. After years of Godzilla collecting, I'm stunned at the quality of this figure versus the low price...Especially after importing stuff, I've paid far more for far less when it comes to Godzilla. I also hope NECA has a couple of MUTOs in development; they were very cautiously under-merchandised, but it seems that most people like them a lot. Can't wait to see NECA's G'84!

Reaction score
Agree with everything you said EddieU. I'm hoping Neca will continue their line with different Godzillas through the years. Really want '64 and a few of his enemies.

Reaction score
I want the NECA figure, but I wanted it to fit in better with the Pacific Rim figures. I may wait and see how the 24" head to tail figure comes out. The MonsterArts figure looks fantastic, if it comes with some cool accessories I will definitely be sold. An atomic breath piece at least, and a MUTO head would be nice. But if NECA makes MUTOs to go with their figure, I will have to pick it up. I'd also really like to see a 6" vinyl figure of the new Godzilla from Bandai Japan. I have several imported vinyl monster figures and having the new Godzilla in that style would be awesome.

I picked up the Godzilla/Male MUTO chibi pack at a comic shop over the weekend.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Though a lot of folks may disagree with me on this, my favorite version of Godzilla is definitely the look of the monster in the 1998 movie. Just re-watched this film, and really like the sleek, lizard-like aspect, as well as the smaller (but still threatening) little Godzillas. I regret not buying any of the toys when they came out back in 1998; they were made by Trendmasters, who also IMHO did a great job with the '90's Battlestar Galactica figures....

Reaction score
Have mine pre-ordered after seeing the improvements. Definitely much better looking now. Looking forward to him and receiving the 1994 figure. Also really want to see what others they make, and how they do the '54 version they said they want to do.

Reaction score
Here is the SH Monsterarts Mecha King Ghidorah, the latest announcement from Tamashii Nations. New updates are that it will cost $200 I still gotta get Biollante and she is $230..oh boy. Will be released in February 2015. Here are some pictures. Its really nice to see accessories making a comeback in this line. And the chest/shins/tail tips is all die cast, not sure about the wings and middle head.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mecha King Ghidorah looks very nice. I might get it. Its great to see that it comes with three Dorats.

Reaction score
I picked up the NECA 1994 Godzilla at TRU yesterday.

What a great figure! The articulation is even better than the 2014 version. Awesome sculpting work too!
Thanks for the heads-up. I wonder if this one will be like the 2014 G; htf at first, then easier to find as time goes by? Since I can't trek to TRU frequently, I'll have to wait till they're commonplace. Can't wait to find him though!

Reaction score
I've stayed out of this until now, but want my own input. My younger son, turning 6 in a couple of months, has recently been exposed to Godzilla. Not the crappy throwaway 90's movies, the 1998 disaster, or even the new one, but the classics from the 60's and 70's. He has become obsessed with them, and knows the names of more monsters than even I knew. He has also been begging for toys based on them. So....he's getting them for his birthday. No Neca, Jakks, Trendmasters, etc. though. We're going old school. I've been scooping up the old Bandai 6" soft PVC figures. To tide him over until his birthday, so far he has these two.

Gigan

Mechagodzilla

On the way are the following.

Godzilla 1968

Mothra

Mothra Larva

Ghidorah

King Seesar

Jet Jaguar

Rodan

Angilas

Gamera

Baragon

Titanosaurus

Only looking for one more. Only made in 8" scale as opposed to 6", but oh well. Not much different.

Megalon

Ian

Reaction score
I've stayed out of this until now, but want my own input. My younger son, turning 6 in a couple of months, has recently been exposed to Godzilla. Not the crappy throwaway 90's movies, the 1998 disaster, or even the new one, but the classics from the 60's and 70's. He has become obsessed with them, and knows the names of more monsters than even I knew. He has also been begging for toys based on them. So....he's getting them for his birthday. No Neca, Jakks, Trendmasters, etc. though. We're going old school. I've been scooping up the old Bandai 6" soft PVC figures. To tide him over until his birthday, so far he has these two.

Gigan

Mechagodzilla

On the way are the following.

Godzilla 1968

Mothra

Mothra Larva

Ghidorah

King Seesar

Jet Jaguar

Rodan

Angilas

Gamera

Baragon

Titanosaurus

Only looking for one more. Only made in 8" scale as opposed to 6", but oh well. Not much different.

Megalon

Ian
Nice. However...

One of these things is not like the others, one of these things does not belong. :)

Reaction score
Nice. However...

One of these things is not like the others, one of these things does not belong. :)
You mean Gamera, who technically isn't Godzilla?

Or the Baragon, who was technically released only in 8" format, but realistically was undersized and is really 6"?

Not sure what you meant crippler, could you please elaborate? :)

Ian

mjb

Reaction score
Is he allowed to play with them? I thought a couple of them are really expensive. I went through the same phase with my son searched all over the place for a king kong. Sadly three years later his godzilla figures collect dust and have been replaced with minecraft.

Reaction score
Yes, he plays with them, and yes, a couple are expensive. Titanosaurus especially is not cheap. Don't care - watching him play and be very happy makes it worthwhile. I did this with my oldest too, who got to play with notorious expensive figures like Blue Snaggletooth and Cyborg from the Super Powers line....

Ian

mjb

Reaction score
That baragon one is pretty hard to find. That is one my son really wanted but could never find for a decent price. When i went to a toy show always smiled when they didn't have the tag. King kong is the only one i ever spent real money on cost like 60 bucks. They are awesome figures and are ideal for younger kids not much to break.

Reaction score
You mean Gamera, who technically isn't Godzilla?

Or the Baragon, who was technically released only in 8" format, but realistically was undersized and is really 6"?

Not sure what you meant crippler, could you please elaborate? :)

Ian
Got it right the first guess. However, he's really neat. He is filled with turtle meat.

Reaction score
I always wanted that Megalon when I was younger, your kid is lucky Ian_C!

Anywho here are some new pics of the SHMA '14 Godzilla. It seems off IMO:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Got my NECA 2014 Godzilla 6" today from Amazon! :D Personally, I find that NECA kicks Hasbro's *** when it comes to both articulation and detail.