All Things Ebay - Good BIN Deals "Part 12"

Reaction score
I had heard they made them but I have never seen one. I was going to do some research and see if I can find out. If its real you got a prize.If not you still have a real nice piece. I will check around and see if I can find some stuff out. You should start a new thread in the license props and see if anyone has some info. there is bound to be someone who has info. I think its cool that you got it ...other than me.LOL

Reaction score
Hey everyone I ran across this listing today this is one of the 500 ROTJ made by Dismo in the US....I had one and it is nicer than the china version LE. It IS the rarest lightsaber.
I wish i could afford it but maybe one of you guys will get it. It deserves a home with someone who appreciates what it is.
Heads up to my brother scummers.
Star Wars Luke Skywalker Lightsaber Replica | eBay

Reaction score
That wants to look like the original prototype helmet SDS made for ILM (with that ribbed back). But not quite sure if this is the one though...

Reaction score
Some similarities to a prototype sold at prop store...

Prototype Stormtrooper Helmet

The mouth looks a bit different, just can't tell if its just paint...

The paint used for the decals are different, the one from prop store is grey where ebay version is black.

The black brow on the prop store looks textured or fabric, ebay looks to be smooth rubber.

The tape holding the grey bubble lenses seem close, same with the face half attaches to the back back half, both seem similar.

Not sure how many of these prototypes were made, you would think one or two until Lucas approved a design (then they would be ditched/tossed???). I have no clue, but without some sort of paperwork I wouldn't spend the $$$$...

Curious how prop store listed as a prototype (before production) but ebay listed the helmet as created after the filming.... No clue the real history, I tried to find the section on starwarshelmets.com but could not find the specific quote mentioned in the ebay link. Found it, halfway down the page... http://www.starwarshelmets.com/Original-stormtrooper-armor-helmets.htm Made after production...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'd say they are definitely from the same source. Check out some of the similarities in the tubing.

Reaction score
Indeed. Still in my book this practice has a name seen above (especially when product is not even in hand). Besides that I thought this thread was for GOOD ebay offers, not for funny ones or bad ones. $2300 BIN for an item one doesn't even has in had in not a good deal IMO.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This thread hasn't had an actual good BIN Deal in ages.

Reaction score
Indeed. I thought we used to have a separate thread for funny/ridiculous auctions.

Reaction score
Holy smokes! That went for a pile of cash. Jedi Rainman, are you prepared to shell out that much? Yikes!

Reaction score
Holy smokes! That went for a pile of cash. Jedi Rainman, are you prepared to shell out that much? Yikes!
Not at the moment. I'm still hoping to hear back about some new job opportunities. If I was working, yes I just might.

Reaction score
Star Trek XI Enterprise Metal-Plated Phaser 1:1 Scale QMX Prop Replica | eBay

$35.00 and FREE SHIPPING!!!!

Star Trek XI metal plated 1:1 EMX phaser. Apparently he just want's to dump what he has because he took my offer of $35.00 and free shipping! I just put together a 1/350 scale NCC-1701-A Enterprise, and want to display some Trek items with it. Now I need to find some TOS stuff LOL!! I have seen some really nice reviews about this phaser.

Reaction score
I would post the link but I bought straight after seeing it, Anakin Skywalker Master Replicas ROTS Force FX £20 ($30) including shipping. Made my week, best bargain I've ever had on ebay.

Reaction score
You know what? I think it's kinda neat, actually. It's not worth what they're asking obviously, but what a cool time capsule from 1977. I bet it looked great in October 1977. Have to remember there was no prop-replica market back then, licensed or fan based, other than Don Post. I love relics from the time before Star Wars was titled Episode IV.