ALIEN Fossilized Space Jockey (Prometheus Engineer)

Reaction score
Finished this guy a few weeks ago (but finally just figured out how to properly attach pics...seems to be a little different than it was before on the forums). Anyway, here's my custom fossilized/dead "Space Jockey" engineer, as seen in ALIEN. Now, I took some liberties on the color scheme as the original prop/sculpture was more of a yellow/cream color, and believe it or not, that's what the color acryilic paint I used was. Somehow, it dried as more of a whitish grey color, which wound up looking much more Giger-esque, anyway. I also hollowed out the eye sockets and then resculpted them, removed the hoses/cables going into the helmet, and resculpted the chin. I also added some other small details, like some sculpted raised coils on his forearms, as well as dremeled out the broken ribs/chest cavity where the face hugger (presumably) exited. Hope you enjoy, comments welcome.

CUSTOM Fossilized Space Jockey by monstermonkey138, on Flickr

CUSTOM Fossilized Space Jockey (with NECA Prometheus figures) by monstermonkey138, on Flickr

Nostromo Crew meets the Space Jockey by monstermonkey138, on Flickr

Reaction score
say, that's real cool! it looks more creamy in the last shot. and the repaint is more in line with the fresh suit seen in Prometheus here http://www.prometheus-movie.com/media/concept037.jpg

i wouldn't be surprised if NECA popped out an altered variant like that one day.

i wish NECA would produce a properly scaled chair but i guess it would be too huge, not feasible. at the same time it would be a major undertaking to create one from scratch.

nice work

Reaction score
Awesome and cool idea! I'll post my custom BD'd version when I get a little more time to finish him...

The helmet on that looks VERY COOL!

Reaction score
Thanks for all the compliments, I appreciate them!

Looks fantastic...is the Nostromo guy a custom, I'm assuming?
No, the "Crew of the Nostromo" figure (as he's referred to on the box...just a generic guy, no specific character) is from a Japanese model company called Aoshima. He's kind of a posable model kit, actually, he came pre-painted but disassembled. Also included were a face hugger, egg, and Nostromo deck floor/base. He was produced in the early '00s, I think...I picked him up in a comic shop around '03 or so. He's just under 6 inches tall, so he's a little shorter than the average NECA/McFarlane-type human figure, but it works with the Engineer. They also made a Big Chap and Alien Warrior in the line.

Reaction score
funny how that Aoishma one is just about perfect scale to the Engineer. at least the ones in Prometheus

Reaction score
Lol yep if I saw that big alien staring at me.... Instant poopy pants hahaha great work on the paint looks spot on

Reaction score
Well, this is an old post, but i made an account in this forum just to ask to the owner of the post, How do u paint the rubberish parts? i mean, what kind of paint do u use? im planning to do a custom, but im afraid of paint chipping and ruin the figure painting the rubber parts like the torso and buttflap, any advice? also, after 8 years, damn.. how well preserved is the figure?