"Alcatraz" on FOX

Reaction score
Abrams and Sam Neill are involved, so I'm at least interested enough to check it out. Otherwise I'm clueless about the show, but I will be giving it a chance.

Reaction score
Looks good, but I dont need to get involved in another show.

GNT

Reaction score
Haven't seen or heard about it before this thread but with Abrams on board this show will be good.

Reaction score
Haven't seen or heard about it before this thread but with Abrams on board this show will be good.
Aren't you forgetting about Undercovers last year? That show blowed.

Reaction score
Abrams and Sam Neill are involved, so I'm at least interested enough to check it out. Otherwise I'm clueless about the show, but I will be giving it a chance.
Well, if you'd like to find out more, the guys from PhGeek.com and I will be podcasting about the show each week once it begins airing. We just put up our initial preview episode at The ALCATRAZ Podcast by PhGeek.com, which can also be found on iTunes by searching for Alcatraz Podcast by PhGeek.com.

Reaction score
The previews have peeked my interest especially with Sam Neill attached, don't know what it's really about yet though.

Reaction score
So the girlfriend of Jorge Garcia's (Hurley from "LOST") listened to our podcast previewing the show and let's just say there was some misinterpretation. She even tweeted about it. Thanks!

Reaction score
Recorded our third and final preview podcast leading up to the Jan. 16 two-hour premiere. Then Jorge Garcia's girlfriend brought us up again on a talk show tonight.

Reaction score
I had to have seen this advertised at least 5 times while watching a movie. It does seem somewhat interesting but I'm going to have to find out what the whole premise of the series is to see if it's something I'd even watch.

Reaction score
Yeah, the promotion machine is in full spin. Looking forward to the two-hour premiere Monday night.
For someone like me two hours can be a lot to spare for a TV Show I don't even know if I'll like.

Could you give me a run down on what it's about? If it's going to be some odd supernatural portal that explains the mass disappearance or something a long those lines I'm not sure if I'd really enjoy it that much. I'm just too much of sucker for Alcatraz stuff. :stupid:

Reaction score
Well, I've not seen the pilot (there are folks who have), but my understanding is that one episode at a time a new person pops up from the 302 who went missing at Alcatraz. They've been coy on how they're arriving. We're actually writing what we believe to be the final episode of the show (hopefully years from now) on PhGeek.com this week.

Reaction score
This show looks like it could be good. The main reason I plan on watching it is because two actors from Heroes (my favorite show of all-time) are on it, Robert Forster and Santiago Cabrera, and Sam Neill is from Jurassic Park, one of my favorite movie franchises. I haven't been a fan of JJ Abrams work so far, so I'm cautiously optimistic. The only JJ Abrams project that I've ever seen is Star Trek, which I thought was terrible.

Reaction score
This show looks like it could be good. The main reason I plan on watching it is because two actors from Heroes (my favorite show of all-time) are on it, Robert Forster and Santiago Cabrera, and Sam Neill is from Jurassic Park, one of my favorite movie franchises. I haven't been a fan of JJ Abrams work so far, so I'm cautiously optimistic. The only JJ Abrams project that I've ever seen is Star Trek, which I thought was terrible.
As a fan of "Jurassic Park," you really ought to give "LOST" a shot.

Reaction score
Critical buzz has been really positive. Let's hope for a "LOST" or "Fringe."
We'll be Liveblogging the two-hour premiere tonight beginning at 7:45 EST at Ph.Geek. If you're looking for a primer ahead of time or answers afterward, check out the Alcatraz Podcast by PhGeek.com.
Anyway, thanks and enjoy the show! Look forward to talking reaction and theories real soon.

Reaction score
I enjoyed the pilot so I guess I will continue to watch.

Reaction score
Tried to watch his but couldn't get into it, guess I didn't really understand the premise.

Reaction score
I thought the new episode was just okay. I didn't like the new villain at all. The ending with the doctor was better than last week's.

Jorge Garcia on his podcast said that Greg Grunberg was in the series premiere. He can be seen in the background in the prison. I haven't checked to see if it's true or not. If it's true, then that's three actors from Heroes that are on this show.

Reaction score
I don't think we're necessary supposed to like the villain or "63" each week. Who are other actors from Heroes?
Podcasting today. Fifth episode available soon.

Reaction score
I'm not sold on this show yet but my wife is, that means I watch it too. Hopefully it will get better once they get into the whole "how did this happen" sort of thing. Strange that the doctor and the Asian girl have not aged either.
One thing that's really getting tiresome though is the whole "the poor prisoners getting picked on by the mean jailers" angle. Gotta love how the bleeding heat liberals in Hollywood just have to throw their claws in everything and try to lecture us evey chance they get.

Reaction score
Well, we think that there may have been some revision to this episode in light of the subject matter and the whole Penn State thing as it lensed this fall. It's just one of the items we discuss in our brand-new episode of The Alcatraz Podcast by PhGeek.com, now available on iTunes and at The ALCATRAZ Podcast by PhGeek.com