Alberta Collectors

Reaction score
I wanted to start this thread for Alberta collectors to talk about general collecting, statues, figures, vintage, modern, everything basically.
We can help each other with collections, cons, trading, etc. So post your name and location

Jon - Red Deer

Next up is Edmonton Expo...so far my thoughts are that it looks like nothing worth while and the guest list that's been released is lacking big time.

Looking for:
SSC Emperor PF
CW45 Darth Sidious on Canadian Card

Last edited:
Reaction score
Come on Freddie Krueger, the crazy doctor from Back to the Future and a bunch of other people that are marginal stars of shows I haven't heard of (except Walking Dead)..what's not to love..LOL
Better than Saskatchewan, we have nothing of the sort. We have Brett Butt from Corner Gas, but be lives in Vancouver now so...whatever...

Reaction score
not in 501st, I just make costumes for my family. daughter "Aayla" is 11.
blue latex appliance comes from "twi'lek paradise" out of Spain - find them on facebook.
I made the leather bits myself. also made a belt and a one-armed halter-top.. thing.
just need to figure out the spirit gum and blue face paint. (making this up as I go).

Reaction score
Well looks great so far, I was close to making a costume but I'd never get out to wear it so it would kind of be pointless. No events in Alberta and I'm always away at work anyhow.

Reaction score
Rod - from Red Deer also.
A couple years ago I bought a couple modern original trilogy items that re-ignited my childhood love of Star Wars. I've been collecting only vintage stuff since. I'm an Original Trilogy diehard, there's no love here for anything prequel trilogy or EU. I haven't been to either of the Calgary or Edmonton shows, thinking of checking out Edmonton if I'm home, I work away a lot as well. I recently got my AP Stormtrooper armor and everything else to build it, but more then likely I won't get approval to 501st until next year or the following winter. I'm in no rush, as long as its ready for Celebration VII in April 2015. Cheers

Reaction score
That looks incredible, I went on Saturday but the kid and I weren't able to dress up. Calgary Expo we're going full out on a costume, I'll be starting a Shock Trooper this month.

Reaction score
we were there for only a few hours on saturday. we had a make-up catastrophe. the make-up was "ben nye" liquid (water based) and it dried up and cracked really bad after about 2 hours :( with all the costume stores closed, our only hope was "shoppers' drug mart" on sunday morning. we did her whole face in shimmering blue "eye shadow" and it looked great. she had a much better day and, as a direct result of her big beaming smile, she was stopped repeatedly and asked to pose for photos every 20 feet -- perfect strangers went out of their way to compliment her with everything from a thumbs-up and a gentle nod of approval, to gushing declarations of "BEst COsTUmE EvAR!!" -- she walked tall and felt like a Rock Star. B)

Mission Accomplished.

Reaction score
Definitely, that's what it's all about.
We had a make-up problem too, we were dressing up as zombies and the base coat wouldn't hold, no extra make-up could be applied.
Next expo we'll be better prepares, the kid wants to be a jawa so no make-up necessary haha.

Reaction score
Anyone else get the shaft on Calgary Expo VIP's this year? Eventbrite is a horrible site, I still got Deluxe tickets but wanted the VIPs.
Who's all going?