Albany finds...

Reaction score
i came a cross a lot of stuff today at my target, 4 beautiful tie fighters, which are now in my collection willing to trdae if anyone has anything, or if you could point me in the direction of a store with some stuff cause i've got some money i need to spend

Reaction score
Hey there. I went to the Colonie Taget last night. I his a TIE Fighter, a 500th Vader, a Deluxe Clone 3 pack, and a Jet Pack Clone in the matchbox aisle. It's the ailse right next to the star wars aisle. I hid them behind a hot wheels car wash, on the bottom shelf. Hopefully they are still there.

Reaction score
I just found the Utapaun Warrior, ATRT Driver (white face), Pilot Obi Wan, Destriyer Droid, and Obis Wans Starfighter at the East Greenbush Wal Mart. The other day I came across the 3 pack of white clones and the new TIE FIghter at the Colonie Target.

Reaction score
I'm heading up to Clifton Park today and checking out the Wal-mart, Toys "r" us, and Target, i'll post what i find later.... oh yeah just a quick question but have you managed to find at 41 clone lately?

-LG

Reaction score
no luck in colonie, and i was thinking the same except until i went to clifton park target and lone and behold, the last 41

Reaction score
Nice work. Did I tell you that the best time to hit Wal mart was on monday? The best time to hit TRU is on sunday, or on wednesday. And the best time to hit Target is on Sunday, first thing in the morning.

Oh, I found the ATRT driver, Destroyer Droid, Obi wans starfighter, and the Neimoidian Warrior at the EG Wal MArt on friday.

Reaction score
SCORE! lol, but along with some star wars things, do you happen to look at the small Elite force figs?

-LG

Reaction score
No. I don't even collect anymore. I just like to see what new stuff is out. I get the bounty hunters, that's it. And I'm now hiding stuff for Lady_Jaye, because she is in the area. If you let me know what you are looking for, I'll hide it when I see it. And I'll let you know where it is.

Reaction score
Lots of finds last night. I found the Clone Evolutions (with the sandtrooper), and Anakin (sith eyes) at the Target in EG. I also found the Hoth Battle Pack at the Colonie TRU, there were a bunch of them, as well as the Red Clone, and the super articulated white clone trooper. Keep in mind, I'm not buying any of these, I'm just looking out for you guys.
There's gotta be more Albany collectors out there other than just LordGreco and myself. Where are you guys? Or girls?

Reaction score
Maybe you "city folk" oughta come further north and hit the Plattsburgh Wal-Mart...I just picked up Comm. Gree and Comm Bly...they had the two Seperatists, Wookie grunts...but no Special Ops, or holograms...oh well, I only want the Special Ops trooper anyways...

Dre

Reaction score
Plattsburgh! That's no mans land! I went to the Colonie Target last night, the one where I his some figs and the TIE for you guys. Don't worry, they're still there. Good thing for us, that Target employees are lazy!

Reaction score
Just for the record, we don't keep ourselves warm with sheep in Plattsburgh...I've heard the rumors. It may be no mans land...but at least I've got a Bly and Gree.

Dre

Reaction score
Hee Hee. I was just kidding, one of my friends went to SUNY Plattsburgh. I visited a couple of times. Well, if you got a hold of Bly and Gree up there. I'd like to think that they will show up down here soon. Albany may be a city, bits it's a small one, especially for a capital! The proper pronunciation is small -bany.

Reaction score
You're city may be small...but remember...Plattsburgh is the only city north of you. Scary, huh?

Dre

Reaction score
woooooooooooohooooooooooooooOO I FOUND ME A GREE, BLY, 501ST! at the rotterdam wal mart i lucked out cause they were the only ones left!

Reaction score
Lucky, oh well I have no money anyhow!! But hopefully when I do have some, they'll be on the pegs or hidden thanks to DEC!!! I'm hoping that second Evo is still hiddenn!! Hey DEC, keep it hush hush now, don't want lurkers to be in on our stash!!!

Reaction score
You're one lucky sob to find a 501st...that's the only one I didn't find...and I've been back to wal-mart like 4 times since...Passel and Cat are still sitting on the pegs though. I did pick up another AT-RT driver for a custom I was inspired to do.

Dre

Reaction score
i can find evrything but the At-Rt driver and the hoth set... thats what i want most!!!!!!

Reaction score
Greco, the ATRT and the Hoth Battle Pack were at the Colonie TRU. That was last friday, I'm sure the Hoth Battle pack is still there, there was at least 10 of them. Good luck guys!

Reaction score
I found the AT-TE wave restocked at my Wal-Mart yesterday...picked up another gunner to customize...the head sculpt sucks, but I love the removable helmet idea. Now to figure out what to do with him, my quick draw, and #41 clones...any ideas?

Thanks,

Dre

Reaction score
I don't customize. But I'd say to try to make a "saber" battle damaged clone. That'd be neat! Have a hole in his chest where you can impale him with a saber!

Reaction score
although i haven't really got into my first customs, your should make a flight armor Saessee (sp) Tiin in flight armor....

Reaction score
I found the Mustafar Sentry, Plo Koons Starfighter, and a 3 pack of clones (with red clone) at the EG Target this Sunday.

Reaction score
And then there were FIVE...

Hi everybody. I just wanted to introduce myself as a fellow figure collector who lives in Albany. Great thread! I'm delighted to be a part of it!!! While I do not make trips to the stores often, when I do, I go to Target, TRU & Walmart. At the Crossgates KB, a very nice manager-type guy who works during the weekdays (not evenings) offered to take my name, phone no. & a list of my figure "wants" to help me get some of them as they come in. So, I gave him a list. I haven't heard back from him yet, but I thought I'd let you know about his kind offer. Also, Kohl's on Central (while expensive) has been known to carry many of the lower numbered ROTS figures that people sometimes can't find elsewhere. A couple of weeks ago I found a stormtrooper evolutions set (the one with the "sprayed on dirt" storm/sandtrooper) at the Washington Ave. Extension Walmart. They have a ton of the 500th Vaders too, if anyone is looking for one. All of you may know these things already, but I wanted to let you know what I knew just in case you didn't. I'm still searching for the Red Shocktrooper, Dooku, C-3PO, Bly, and the 501st Tactical Ops guy. They'll turn up...I think...maybe. Anyway, I'm glad to see that Albany is represented and I look forward to speaking with you fine folks much more.

>>>By the way, I choose to be represented as Snaggletooth as he was the only figure I didn't have for a long time during the good ol' days when I was a kid. I had was this label that said Snaggletooth for my Vader Case of figures and one empty slot for the little guy. Everytime we would go to the store, I'd look through all the figures they had (and there were many!). I searched for him for quite some time (it seemed like months). And then one day...there he was. I was so happy to have found him. Given that this thread is about the hunt for figures we want, I thought he should be remembered...despite his creepy looks!

Reaction score
Re: And then there were FIVE...

nice to see you here Bdog, post some status reports on what you find!

Reaction score
Super Walmart finds...

Hi folks. Over the weekend, I saw the green clone commander and pilot Kenobi, along with a ton of other harder to find figures at Super Walmart, out by Lowe's. I didn't see any of the ones I'm looking for, but I thought I'd pass on the news. Also, they are not figures, but I found "figure-like" ornaments in the holiday section near lawn & garden. I picked up a vader, boba fett, & c-3po. They also had Yoda & R2. They look like they are made of plastic. They seem pretty neat and are $4.97. Talk to you later!

Reaction score
Re: Super Walmart finds...

I'm going to the EG super Wal Mart to see if i can get some. Hey bdog228, I saw Plo Koons starfighter at the EG Target the other day. There was a bunch of them.

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the 501st clone, or the Tarkin wave at all? I'm just curious if anyone has seen them yet. I know that the Plattsburgh kid got Cody and Gree. But what about the others?

Reaction score
BobaDEC said:
I know that the Plattsburgh kid got Cody and Gree. But what about the others?
I'm 26, and married...far from a kid.

And I'd be the luckiest collector in the world if I found a Cody.

I saw Tarkin and the Mon Cal senator(name escapes me) at my local K-Mart about a week ago, was gonna pick up Tarkin, but...he pretty much sucks as a figure. I'd use him as custom fodder anyway. I haven't seen the new 12 since I posted finding them. And I've been looking too. I have seen a few Temple Assualt battle packs, but havne't had $25 to drop on it at the time. Wish I did, I coulda used a 501st in a custom. But any ways...I'm gonna try to make a trip to the big scary city in a week or so. Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dre

Reaction score
Sorry. I stand corrected. Try the TRU in Colonie when you come down. There's TONS of Wal MArts in the area also. I don't know how much hunting you want to do while you are here.

Reaction score
I hunt as much as possible. My signifigant other doesn't seem to mind too much. Besides, we have a 5 year old to shop for, and nothing makes his day better than a new Star Wars figure. I'll hit the TRU in Colonie, any notion about the Clifton Park Target? I go there quite a bit, my wife loves Target.

Thanks for the info.

Dre

Reaction score
I didn't know you were willing to go that far. Well then, here's your wonderful choices that the city has for you.
Target; Clifton Park, East Greenbush, Colonie.
Wal Mart; East Greenbush, Crossgates Commons, Brunswick, Clifton Park, Latham Farms.
TRU; Clifton Park and Colonie.
Good luck!

Reaction score
Hey guys, my name is Brian. I've been a collector for almost ten years now. Currently, I'm working at the TRU in Colonie (which has not gotten anything new in really except for the Rebellion vs. Empire Battle Pack and the Jedi vs. Seperatist Battle Pack). I am currently hunting for all of the Final 12.

Reaction score
Hey Brian. I saw a bunch of the Hoth Battel PAck a couple of weeks ago. I also saw the ATRT trooper and Bacara. I take it they are considered "new" anymore. Let us know if anything new comes in please. Thanks alot. Glad to add you to the ranks.

Reaction score
Welcome GG, AKA Brian

Good to have you Brian. Funny. Two Brians have joined the Albany crew in less than a week. My name is also Brian!

By the way, I saw that Target has those figure ornaments too (and at a cheaper price--$3.99).

BobaDEC--thanks for the tip on the Starfighter!

Reaction score
Re: Welcome GG, AKA Brian

That's what I'm here for. I really need to get those ornaments.

Reaction score

Well, tomorrow is pay day for me, and I'll be getting one hell of a paycheck... are there any specific places where you've guys seen some of the Final 12?

Reaction score

I haven't seen them anywhere yet. I have seen Plo Koons starfighter at the Target in EG, along with the Red Clone 3 pack.