Ahsoka Tano - Star Wars Rebels Mini-Bust

LightSword

Sith Lord
Reaction score
Here’s to hoping yours arrives safe. The hilt was a clean break, so it can be fixed but of course that’s not the point. Plus, even if the fix is invisible, I’ll know it’s there and it will never stop bothering me. I didn’t get the Sandtrooper, but just as with that one I can see the long-term storage issue with this styrofoam. Honestly I’m afraid to even put it back in for fear of snapping an arm off.
Thanks, man. I completely understand about having something fixed, but still knowing it was broken making one feel a bit unease. I have a couple of pieces in my collection I feel the same way about. Despite no one can see where they broke being such clean breaks, it is just the fact of knowing they are no longer perfect what bothers. I think it is some type of OCD symptom most collectors have. It diminishes with time, though. :)

Agree the Styrofoam has definitely proven to be an issue. I think there is plenty of feedback to be collected this is not something collectors are happy with. Hopefully this gets resolved with future releases. A couple more days and I'll get to know in what condition the Ahsoka mini bust I ordered from EE is, once I have received it.

Edit: Bah! They changed the delivery date for next week.

Last edited:

DontDissTheFett

High Admiral
Reaction score
Well just got a response from EE. Unsurprisingly they don’t have any available for exchange. I emailed GG the same time I emailed EE to see if there was any way they could let me swap it out, no response at all. EE did offer me a 20% refund which I thought was more than fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LightSword

Sith Lord
Reaction score
Well just got a response from EE. Unsurprisingly they don’t have any available for exchange. I emailed GG the same time I emailed EE to see if there was any way they could let me swap it out, no response at all. EE did offer me a 20% refund which I thought was more than fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh man, that sucks. Keeping my fingers crossed waiting to see how mine arrives next week.

SpecialOpsUnit

Grand Admiral
Reaction score
Just got her today.

Damn this might be their best bust in a loooong time. Practically flawless, got lucky with the paint apps being fantastic and nothing broken. They need to make this a yearly thing with the fan vote of 6-8 characters from all eras of Star Wars.

That styrofoam needs to go though, was practically crumbling in my hands.

LightSword

Sith Lord
Reaction score
Good to hear yours was perfect. Congrats! My Leia and Amanaman are still awaiting shipment. Not sure if GG ships on Saturday, if they don't, I guess mine would be shipped sometime next week.

LightSword

Sith Lord
Reaction score
Finally received mine yesterday from Entertainment Earth. Perfect condition, not a single flaw as far as I can tell. Cheap Styrofoam tray once again, so weak and thin part of the bust was coming out through it; a miracle nothing was broken. Same generic writing on the bottom of the base. But I have to say the bust is beautiful, and my son really loved it. Here is the sample I received ...

SpecialOpsUnit

Grand Admiral
Reaction score
Nice! Congrats! Glad to hear your son loved it.

Between this and the PGM Gifts of 2018 coming out splendid, it has been a good month or so for GG collectors.

Calrissian19

Line Captain
Reaction score
Just got her today.

Damn this might be their best bust in a loooong time. Practically flawless, got lucky with the paint apps being fantastic and nothing broken. They need to make this a yearly thing with the fan vote of 6-8 characters from all eras of Star Wars.

That styrofoam needs to go though, was practically crumbling in my hands.
They should definitely make the pick-a-bust vote competition a yearly thing. At least every other year. That’d be great

ATATDRIVER

Moff
Reaction score
Yeah , Pick a Bust should definitely continue as a yearly thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OCWanKenobi

Grand Moff
Reaction score
This is my 1st bust of the year. Last time I bought busts was the fire sale last year. This one is fantastic. I am displaying it with my legacy tano sabers from Galaxy's edge. Hope everyone is doing well.

LightSword

Sith Lord
Reaction score
The sculpt and pose for Ahsoka are beautiful. I don't collect from the animated series but I'm glad I got this one for my son. Every time I go by his room I really admire the look of the mini bust. How did you like Galaxy's Edge? I won't be going until early January, but there are a few things I do want to pick up from there. Congrats on the Ahsoka acquisition!

Marvelito

High Admiral
Reaction score
It's interesting that they would raffle off the remaining ones rather than putting them up for anyone to buy like the old days. Or even just first come first served for the PGMs.

Antman

High Admiral
Reaction score
It's interesting that they would raffle off the remaining ones rather than putting them up for anyone to buy like the old days. Or even just first come first served for the PGMs.
I missed out and I'm not a PGM. I guess I'll never get one for a reasonable price.

Really wish I had a chance for the raffle, but it wasn't meant to be. And I agree that it would've been great to see the remainders become available for all.

LightSword

Sith Lord
Reaction score
I'll enter the raffle. If I win it I'll hook you up with one at cost. I don't collect from the animated series and I already got one for my son. Wish me luck.

Edit: I just entered it. If I win it will be this much ...

Subtotal$120.00
Shipping (USPS (Priority Mail))$13.86
Grand Total$133.86

* Plus whatever the Post Office tells me it will be sent to your address.

* Let me know if you are O.K with this. Otherwise, I'll get in touch with GG and cancel my entry.

Last edited:

Marvelito

High Admiral
Reaction score
I'll enter the raffle. If I win it I'll hook you up with one at cost. I don't collect from the animated series and I already got one for my son. Wish me luck.
I may be wrong, but I thought I read in the fine print that PGMs who already bought one were not eligible to win. You might want to double check.

LightSword

Sith Lord
Reaction score
Thanks. I was aware of what you folks are saying, and I think the info is helpful to someone that is trying to buy again directly from GG. In my case, I never ordered the one that I got for my son from GG. I bought it from EE because I did not want the mini bust when it first went up for pre-order. Later on my son asked me if I could get one for him. By then they were "sold out" from GG, so EE was the only one that had it and I ordered him one from them. I think I'm good to go with GG now, if I win the right to buy it. Just trying to help another fellow collector. :)

Last edited:

Antman

High Admiral
Reaction score

Edit: I just entered it. If I win it will be this much ...

Subtotal$120.00
Shipping (USPS (Priority Mail))$13.86
Grand Total$133.86

* Plus whatever the Post Office tells me it will be sent to your address.

* Let me know if you are O.K with this. Otherwise, I'll get in touch with GG and cancel my entry.
If this was directed at me, I'm OK with it.

LightSword

Sith Lord
Reaction score
If this was directed at me, I'm OK with it.
Yeah. It was directed at you as I noticed you are not a PG member and wanted to help out. . I replied to the PM you sent me, so it is in the hands of "Lady Luck" to win the raffle to buy one.

Last edited:

Sith_Apprentice

High Admiral
Reaction score
I guess the reason for the raffle is so you cannot apply your PG coupon as an "in stock" product.

In order to fairly distribute the remaining busts to customers, Gentle Giant Ltd. is holding a raffle for 2019 Premier Guild members to be able to purchase Ahsoka for her original price, $120. All 2019 PG members will be allowed to place an order, but only a select number will be randomly chosen to have their orders completed. Only the winning customers will be charged, non-winning customers will not be charged. Customers who have previously purchased Ahsoka will not be eligible. The Membership Discount will not apply.

Calrissian19

Line Captain
Reaction score
I'm seeing these go on Ebay for $400+, with an AP going for $800! I know she's pretty much the most popular female SW character atm, but that's ridiculous, haha

SpecialOpsUnit

Grand Admiral
Reaction score
I'm seeing these go on Ebay for $400+, with an AP going for $800! I know she's pretty much the most popular female SW character atm, but that's ridiculous, haha
The first bust to sell out almost instantly since..when? Ever?

It was either you pre-ordered her and got her..or you're on ebay trying to score a decent deal.

Which is pretty insane for Star Wars collecting nowadays.

MandaloreLives

Midshipman
Reaction score
With Clone Wars back, the possibilities are endless. Not only can we get Ventress, Savage and Cad Bane, but all the PT jedi should come back into play as well. Maybe we can finally get that Ki-Adi-Mundi bust! This could turn out really well for those of us that enjoy the animated series - I just hope it doesn't pull all the attention away from Rebels. There are several busts I'd like to see from that show.
I would love realistic sculpts of those characters. And I would not say no to a Durge mini bust. Maybe a deluxe one with alternate arms/helmets?

Darth_Poppycock

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
I was recently browsing eBay for something else Gentle Giant related and a recent sale for this popped up. Let me say I was in shock, so I searched more recent sales and let me tell you, WOW! Maybe with the reintroduction of Ahsoka through the Clone Wars and possibly her appearance in Mandalorian, but the price of this bust is now in an area where I would say astronomical. So a simple question would be, is there a price where you say, damn, I would actually sell for this. If people are curious and don't feel like looking. It seems the current price, according to eBay for this piece is between $1000-$1200. Now this is probably less than 10 sales but still, in the past month or so, that's what this bust has been going for.

bobafett21

Ensign
Reaction score
I was recently browsing eBay for something else Gentle Giant related and a recent sale for this popped up. Let me say I was in shock, so I searched more recent sales and let me tell you, WOW! Maybe with the reintroduction of Ahsoka through the Clone Wars and possibly her appearance in Mandalorian, but the price of this bust is now in an area where I would say astronomical. So a simple question would be, is there a price where you say, damn, I would actually sell for this. If people are curious and don't feel like looking. It seems the current price, according to eBay for this piece is between $1000-$1200. Now this is probably less than 10 sales but still, in the past month or so, that's what this bust has been going for.
If I had one I would sell it no question. With the 1/7 scale bust coming out you may eventually see them drop back to “normal”.
The Malays statue that couldn’t sell for $75 a few years back is going for 4-500 right now. Expanded universe/clone wars stuff has gotten super popular.

Dr_Jedi

High Admiral
Reaction score
I have to chuckle at these prices. The ES on this bust should have been doubled or tripled, so that everyone can own this work of art.

As for selling, even at $1k, I'm going to be keeping mine. You could have my Hera, or most of my other busts, for $1k, but not this one. Crazy that the price on this dwarfs other infamous, relatively expensive busts, like the deluxe Veers or the McQ Luke.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If I had one I would sell it no question. With the 1/7 scale bust coming out you may eventually see them drop back to “normal”.
The Malays statue that couldn’t sell for $75 a few years back is going for 4-500 right now. Expanded universe/clone wars stuff has gotten super popular.
I sold mine this week. I didn‘t want to, it’s an extremely well done mini-bust, but I took a Covid pay cut and couldn’t justify not selling it at those prices. If it comes back down to earth after my salary goes back to normal, I’ll try to re-buy one later.

bobafett21

Ensign
Reaction score
I sold mine this week. I didn‘t want to, it’s an extremely well done mini-bust, but I took a Covid pay cut and couldn’t justify not selling it at those prices. If it comes back down to earth after my salary goes back to normal, I’ll try to re-buy one later.
So sorry to hear about your situation. I hope things get back to “normal” soon for EVERYONE!!!

Reaction score
So sorry to hear about your situation. I hope things get back to “normal” soon for EVERYONE!!!
Thanks, ultimately I’ll be fine as long as they don’t do layoffs, which they say the pay cuts combined with the government loans will prevent. Lots of people are far worse off. The irony is that the shutdowns have led to half of our company having nothing to do, and it’s led to me being busier than ever. But if it keeps everyone employed I’m good with it.

Last edited:

ATATDRIVER

Moff
Reaction score
  Spoiler:  
Man ! That saber battle between Ahsoka and Maul...... DAMN ! These last episodes of the Clone Wars are fricking awesome !
  Spoiler:  

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ATATDRIVER

Moff
Reaction score
Yup , if Sideshow does indeed still have the SW license , there will definitely be an Ahsoka Tano PF ! And I'll be all over it ! I'm expecting a 1/7 animated bust , a Legends in 3D bust , and a 1/6 statue to go with the great looking smaller statue already announced ! And yes , I'd buy them all. I'm loving this character !

SpecialOpsUnit

Grand Admiral
Reaction score
Yup , if Sideshow does indeed still have the SW license , there will definitely be an Ahsoka Tano PF ! And I'll be all over it ! I'm expecting a 1/7 animated bust , a Legends in 3D bust , and a 1/6 statue to go with the great looking smaller statue already announced ! And yes , I'd buy them all. I'm loving this character !

They seemed to renew it sometime last year, revealed Mythos Ventress and Darth Sideous and their Royal Guard PF just went up for pre-order.

Ahsoka, Thrawn and Phase 2 Rex are all just asking to be made, but I'm sure they'll make another Darth Vader.