Ahsoka Tano (Season 3) - CW44

GNT

Reaction score
Photopost is down for me so I can't post the picture atm but over in the Clone Wars section Engelhast has posted a picture of what Ahsoka will be wearing in season 3, you can check out the image right here.

It's been some time since we've seen a new Ahsoka figure (Space version) so this version could be the next and IMO stands a really good chance of being released next year.

Anyone up for seeing this version of Ahsoka released? Maybe thicker arms this time around?

Reaction score
Re: Ahsoka Tano - Season 3

Yes, she needs elbow joints, as does Ventress

Reaction score

Yes! Her new outfit looks great, long overdue. Really looking forward to what Hasbro has in store!

Reaction score

Taliax said:
Yes, she needs elbow joints, as does Ventress
I concur, definitely a must for a new Ahsoka.

Reaction score

Yeah, it's a great idea, since I never got the first Ahsoka. This new outfit's much better, something I will for sure buy if they make it. Good enough for me to say for sure I'll buy her R7-A7 unit just because then I'd know I'd be getting an Ahsoka.

I hope they rerelease the space suit one, too, because I need a younger version Ahsoka and I don't have that one. Well, a local Hastings has it, but for ~$10...not going to happen.

Reaction score

GNT said:
Maybe thicker arms this time around?
The digital model has thicker arms than her younger version, so it stands to reason any new figure would too. Liking the longer lekku and montrals and the colour of her outfit is cool. She could do without as many holes in her gear I think, but's a cool look with the repeated diamond motifs, I'm guessing based on her tattoos.

Reaction score

If this is the outfit that they base the realistic figure off of then I'll buy it, but if they only make an animated version I'll have to pass.
Wouldn't mind her Droid in realistic form too.

It is odd though that when she was younger her top was skimpier then the new outfit she'll be wearing when she's older.

Reaction score

Am I the only one who doesn't like the fact she is going to wield two lightsabers? I like the costume, but Lucasfilm evidently thinks two lightsabers are needed for main characters, looking at Starkiller in TFU2.

Reaction score

im thinking that two blades can be an echo of starkiller, since both are apprentices of the same master.. im digging that she's getting more and more skillful and "ferocious" in the series, she's following the same character development as her master..
on the topic of her fig, yeah, love it! just the idea of these major characters growing up and getting older is great (i think obi-wan's new do is longish at the nape and thinnish at the forehead). i just hope hasbro goes all out on her articulation.

Reaction score

I have seen the pic of Ahsoka's new outfit, i like it, makes her look more grown up. The 2 lightsabers are a cool idea. Hopefully she will be SA when the figure of her 2nd outfit is released.

Reaction score

liking the new look. can't wait to get this in action figure form.

although I have to say I read the article from wired magazine where they complained that Ashoka was running around almost naked and that it was not a good image for a young audience... I mean correct me if I'm wrong but Return of the Jedi comes to mind with Princess Leia and the gold bikini... I mean I was 7 was that movie came out. I mean I think these reviews and warning are getting out of hand. if generations before turned out fine do to seeing a space princess fight in a skimpy costume then today's kids will turn out just as fine with a Jedi fighting in a skimpy outfit.

but since i strayed off topic I will say I would love to see Hasbro tackle a new SA version of Ashoka in both her Season 1&2 outfit as well as the new look for Season 3

Reaction score

Two Lightsabers are great, especially the shoto (short) one for the 2nd. This has ties to other characters.

Sora Bulq used a shoto in the Republic series comics.

Idea started with marvel comics #96 way back in the day. When Luke Skywalker needed a little something extra to deal with Lumiya's lightwhip.

Luke and Mara Jade both used shotos in the Legacy of the Force novels when they found out Lumiya was "in play" again.

the idea has lineage.

Reaction score

I'll definitely take a fig of Ahsoka in her new digs. And, I want to Anakin and Obi-Wan in their new digs as well.

Reaction score

I never got jailbait Ahsoka or the space suit version. The new outfit looks more practical and less icky, and a two saber fighting style is hard to resist. I will get this version if I ever see it.

I am liking the progression of Ahsoka as a character. I didn't like her much in season 1, but in season 2 and 3 she is really adding depth.

Reaction score

Yes, please!

She looks really cool in this new outfit.

Reaction score

DarkArtist said:
liking the new look. can't wait to get this in action figure form.

although I have to say I read the article from wired magazine where they complained that Ashoka was running around almost naked and that it was not a good image for a young audience... I mean correct me if I'm wrong but Return of the Jedi comes to mind with Princess Leia and the gold bikini... I mean I was 7 was that movie came out. I mean I think these reviews and warning are getting out of hand. if generations before turned out fine do to seeing a space princess fight in a skimpy costume then today's kids will turn out just as fine with a Jedi fighting in a skimpy outfit.

but since i strayed off topic I will say I would love to see Hasbro tackle a new SA version of Ashoka in both her Season 1&2 outfit as well as the new look for Season 3
I can go on for a long time about how everyone complains about something these days but I'll spare everyone. I do have to say this though, Ahsoka is a cartoon character and there's a million other things I'm more worried about on TV damaging/scarring kids, my own children included than a cartoon character. Some people just have nothing better to do.

Reaction score

I love all the new character looks, so obviously I'm excited to get new figures to match them. I'm hopeful that with Ahsoka's version we will finally get a figure of her character with ball jointed elbows.

Also, the guy that wrote that Wired article is a complete tool. He's grasping at straws in a desperate attempt to stir up controversy. Bah I say!

Reaction score

Love the new outfit, cant wait for a figure release.

Reaction score

Saw the last 5 minutes of the episode, I admit the outfit does look better then the first one as well as she seems to even act older.

I can't help but feel the inspiration of the new outfit came from this.

Reaction score

Yes, this will be great if it finally has elbows.

Reaction score

I love the parallel between her and Starkiller:
2008 - Both had the 'new' reverse saber grip
2010 - New looks and 2 sabers.

Speaking of parallels...
TFU 1 - 1 Lightsaber
TFU 2 - 2 Lightsabers
TFU 3 - ???

Reaction score

Masterfett said:
I can't help but feel the inspiration of the new outfit came from this.
Eh, not so much from that picture, I think... pretty icky.

But Serra's outfit in general from the game, sure!

Keto was my first thought when I saw Ahsoka's new look.

Reaction score

FDOIRex said:
I love the parallel between her and Starkiller:
2008 - Both had the 'new' reverse saber grip
2010 - New looks and 2 sabers.

Speaking of parallels...
TFU 1 - 1 Lightsaber
TFU 2 - 2 Lightsabers
TFU 3 - ???
it'll be a lightwhip ala Luminya

Reaction score

She looked good in the last episode, I hope Hasbro does her justice in figure form.

Reaction score

I don't think Hasbro will have any reservations about making this figure. Ahsoka is a main character.

Reaction score

I like this new iteration of her too! I particularly love the fact that she has a Shoto now, which is an awesome weapon in itself. It was cool how the 2008 Plo Koon figure came with like 5 weapons! Well just three, the Saber Gauntlet, a regular Saber, and a Shoto. Back to Ahsoka I love how Filoni tries to incorporate as much EU stuff as Lucas will let him get away with, and in the commentary on the season 2 dvd you can tell that having to "rewrite" the Mandalorian history broke his heart.

Reaction score

ImaGunDi2010 said:
I love how Filoni tries to incorporate as much EU stuff as Lucas will let him get away with, and in the commentary on the season 2 dvd you can tell that having to "rewrite" the Mandalorian history broke his heart.
Fortunately for me I don't consider TCW Canon, so the old Mando story lives on with me!

Reaction score

I'm pretty confident that we'll see this version of Ashoka within time (or hopefully this upcoming year).

Reaction score

I'm 99% sure we'll see her in the first few 2011 waves along with Anakin. Hasbro is on the hurry with all the Season 3 Jedi currently. We already have Shaak Ti, Quinlan Vos, and Obi-wan is only a month away.

Reaction score

100% yes. It's sad we've only gotten 2 Ahsoka figures with how a big a part of the show she is.

Reaction score

Don't forget the "I'm wearing a poncho so you don't know I'm a Jedi" Ahsoka from the Vulture's Claw BP.

Reaction score

Masterfett said:
ImaGunDi2010 said:
I love how Filoni tries to incorporate as much EU stuff as Lucas will let him get away with, and in the commentary on the season 2 dvd you can tell that having to "rewrite" the Mandalorian history broke his heart.
Fortunately for me I don't consider TCW Canon, so the old Mando story lives on with me!
Yeah I'm pretty much in the same boat with that. I mean all the existing stuff was amazing and Lucas' work was in the bag, but he had to do what he does best and completely chang something that was amazing to begin with and make it super lame. Now I personally like it when he makes changes to things sometimes. I'm a huge fan of the Special Edition Trilogy and I think I'm one of the only people who actually thinks replacing Sebastian Shaw with Hayden Christiansen was a great move and makes sense since when never saw anakin as an old man jedi in the PT so becoming an iteration of his youngself as a jedi makes totall sense in my opinion.(Whew I'm going to get reemed for saying that! I know blasphemy right? But It's just my opinion.
) Back on topic: But the Mandalorian blasphemy(what I refer to it as) is one of those things that make you sit back and say "Oh my, thats our George. You did it again." One of the biggest tragedies is that now they've made it or are trying to make it so that Jango Fett was never a Mando, that he just so happen to "find" his armor. So, that makes Boba(guilt by association) un-Mandalorian as well. Which to me is one of the biggest outrageous debacles in Star Wars next to Greedo shooting first! But, I digress and while it makes me sad, I always realize that it's his baby and he should be able to do whatever he wants too, because at the end of the day even if I'm saddened by changes made in the canon, I'll still always be a fan of almost everything Star Wars. Sorry for the rant!

Reaction score

Jango has always been from Concord Dawn, part of the same system but not directly from Mandalore, right?

I take him 'not being mandalorian' according to Satine comes from the strife between Deathwatch and Concord Dawn/etc having been raided, Jango's parents killed, sister kidnapped etc harkens to a time they weren't so proud of... not to mention Jango's mostly notorious background.

I've read a lot about the 'true mandalorians' and most of Jango's history lately so the whole thing just stinks of coverup.

I think I'm trying to say that Madalorians from MANDALORE (regardless of race) had haughty class distinctions for the otherwise poor farmers of Concord Dawn.

See how confused it makes ME when canon is ignored?

Reaction score

OdinsDad said:
Jango has always been from Concord Dawn, part of the same system but not directly from Mandalore, right?

I take him 'not being mandalorian' according to Satine comes from the strife between Deathwatch and Concord Dawn/etc having been raided, Jango's parents killed, sister kidnapped etc harkens to a time they weren't so proud of... not to mention Jango's mostly notorious background.

I've read a lot about the 'true mandalorians' and most of Jango's history lately so the whole thing just stinks of coverup.

I think I'm trying to say that Madalorians from MANDALORE (regardless of race) had haughty class distinctions for the otherwise poor farmers of Concord Dawn.

See how confused it makes ME when canon is ignored?
Whew!! I'm sure glad that I don't pay attention to any EU save for TCW series. As far as I'm concerned, the Mandalorians are a peaceful people with a violent past, and Jango was nothing more than a talented thug who got his hands on some Mandalorian armor. And I really can't see Jango as originating from the Mandalore of TCW, since all those folks look pasty-white.

No confusion here!!!

Reaction score

Jango is not Mandalorian by birth. He was adopted by Jaster Mereel, who had joined the Mandalorians. Concord Dawn is in the Mandalore SECTOR, but not the system (Concordia, the moon, is in orbit around Mandalore, but that's NOT Concord Dawn).

There has been a lot of unrest on Mandalore in the decades leading to the Clone Wars, so having Mandalorian warriors running around when Jango was young isn't too much of a stretch. And even when he grew up and took over for Jaster, not much of a stretch; you just rationalize it that Jaster's group, the True Mandalorians, wanted to hold on to their heritage... but in a less brutal way than their rivals, the Death Watch. The New 'peacenik' Mandalorians would villify both groups, painting them with the same brush and sweeping their memory under the rug (mixing brush metaphors there). Death Watch becomes active again during the Clone Wars, but the True Mandalorians aren't popping up, so no need to reference them, or give credence to the notion that notorious deceased bounty hunter Jango Fett was Mandalorian.

So really--and the EU shepherds at LFL have already incorporated stuff like this--there's nothing in CW that says Jango was NOT a Mandalorian, or that a lot of his history, at least his origins with Jaster, the war with Tor Vizsla's Death Watch, etc, didn't happen roughly how it was already presented.

Reaction score

I'll definitely be getting this older Ahsoka version with a different outfit