Ahsoka Tano & Grogu

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Repost from GD.

Bring Home the Bounty Week 9 Reveal. Ahsoka Tano & Grogu Deluxe Set. Code-named Blonde.
This is a
Walmart-Icon-18px.png
Exclusive
. Available for pre-order today, December 8th, at 10:00am PT HERE. On shelf May 2022. MSRP is $20.97.

Press Images

VC-Ahsoka-Tano-Grogu-TM-Deluxe-Boxed-1-Resized.jpg
VC-Ahsoka-Tano-Grogu-TM-Deluxe-Boxed-2-Resized.jpg

VC-Ahsoka-Tano-Grogu-TM-Deluxe-Boxed-3-Resized.jpg
VC-Ahsoka-Tano-Grogu-TM-Deluxe-Boxed-4-Resized.jpg

VC-Ahsoka-Tano-Grogu-TM-Deluxe-Boxed-5-Resized.jpg
VC-Ahsoka-Tano-Grogu-TM-Deluxe-Boxed-6-Resized.jpg

VC-Ahsoka-Tano-Grogu-TM-Deluxe-Loose-1-Resized.jpg
VC-Ahsoka-Tano-Grogu-TM-Deluxe-Loose-2-Resized.jpg

VC-Ahsoka-Tano-Grogu-TM-Deluxe-Loose-3-Resized.jpg
VC-Ahsoka-Tano-Grogu-TM-Deluxe-Loose-4-Resized.jpg

VC-Ahsoka-Tano-Grogu-TM-Deluxe-Loose-5-Resized.jpg
VC-Ahsoka-Tano-Grogu-TM-Deluxe-Loose-6-Resized.jpg

VC-Ahsoka-Tano-Grogu-TM-Deluxe-Loose-7-Resized.jpg
VC-Ahsoka-Tano-Grogu-TM-Deluxe-Loose-8-Resized.jpg

VC-Ahsoka-Tano-Grogu-TM-Deluxe-Loose-9-Resized.jpg
VC-Ahsoka-Tano-Grogu-TM-Deluxe-Loose-10-Resized.jpg

VC-Ahsoka-Tano-Grogu-TM-Deluxe-Loose-11-Resized.jpg
VC-Ahsoka-Tano-Grogu-TM-Deluxe-Loose-12-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
VC-Ahsoka-Tano-Grogu-TM-Deluxe-Boxed-1.jpg

VC-Ahsoka-Tano-Grogu-TM-Deluxe-Boxed-2.jpg

VC-Ahsoka-Tano-Grogu-TM-Deluxe-Loose-1.jpg

VC-Ahsoka-Tano-Grogu-TM-Deluxe-Loose-2.jpg

VC-Ahsoka-Tano-Grogu-TM-Deluxe-Loose-3.jpg

VC-Ahsoka-Tano-Grogu-TM-Deluxe-Loose-5.jpg

VC-Ahsoka-Tano-Grogu-TM-Deluxe-Loose-10.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Probably a mistake on WM's part like the Mando set last year, but the link above is live as of this post and let me order a couple sets.

Thank you. Just placed an order for a couple of these and the E-Web pack as well.

Hopefully the orders don’t get cancelled.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Love the Mandalorian show, it is just my opinion so flame away, but Rosario Dawson does not convey Ahsoka to me in any way. I will not be buying any RD Ahsoka figures. I will watch the show though....
Yeah, I don't think she really fits the part either. To me, Ashley will always be Ahsoka.

However, I don't have anything against figures based on Rosario's Ahsoka, so I'll pick up one of these.

Reaction score
Love the Mandalorian show, it is just my opinion so flame away, but Rosario Dawson does not convey Ahsoka to me in any way. I will not be buying any RD Ahsoka figures. I will watch the show though....

Yeah, I don't think she really fits the part either. To me, Ashley will always be Ahsoka.

However, I don't have anything against figures based on Rosario's Ahsoka, so I'll pick up one of these.

We saw her as Ahsoka for about 15 minutes on screen (if that). I am not basing my opinion of her ability to convey a character based on that very small sample size.

Reaction score
I've got issues with releasing a "deluxe" version of this figure, a figure you just got us to pre-order super recently and have yet to deliver on, just with a couple extra accessories like the cloak that were clearly held back from the original release. I ordered one because I was here and it was available, and I do want her displayed in the cloak, but we'll see if I hold on to it. I guess the Morai is a neat bonus.

I'd generally agree with this, yeah. Rosario Dawson is a great actress; wish we had seen more of her in Daredevil, but I didn't care for her as Ahsoka. She felt really wooden - which was especially sad considering how many animated actors other than Eckstein have been brought into the live action fold, from Witwer voicing Maul in Solo to Bo-Katan just a couple episodes beforehand. I hope her solo show causes her performance to grow on me; she'll have a lot more time to bring some nuance and life into the role there, and with such a talented actress onboard, I'm sure things will work out.

Reaction score
Looks like she's holding a branch in upper right photo, maybe it clips to arm.

Reaction score
It's a small thing, but the inclusion of Morai in this set is very cool. Morai is one of the more mysterious characters in the SW lore, and to have that represented in this set makes me happy.

I doubt it means three of my dream figures are any closer to realization - The Father, Son and Daughter from the Clone Wars Mortis arc - but it's a highlight-worthy detail for me.

My nieces and nephews will be getting all these extra Grogu figures we're getting with these sets.

Reaction score
I love the cloak, but did they really include only 1 lightsaber? That means if you want both her sabers, you'll have to get the single carded figure, too. If it were an extra blaster or something, I wouldn't mind so much, but a Jedi needs her signature sabers.

Reaction score
Glad to see it does come with both lightsabers after all; would've been crazy to try and sell with just one. That rock and ship knob are going to be so easy to lose, but they're nice bonuses.

Reaction score
Nice accessories. Not surprised it sold out so quickly.

Reaction score
Clearly the runaway, most wanted item out of the three sets. I see they are listed on ebay already $69.99 and up.

Reaction score
This is a truly bizarre take.

Filoni wrote the episode and her dialogue. He approved her live-action outfit and overall look. He cast her in the role. The same man who was the gatekeeper for anything Ahsoka related in the cartoon, is the same man behind Ahsoka in The Mandalorian. So what exactly is your beef? That her voice isn't high enough? That she doesn't have giant cartoon eyes?

Reaction score
This is a truly bizarre take.

Filoni wrote the episode and her dialogue. He approved her live-action outfit and overall look. He cast her in the role. The same man who was the gatekeeper for anything Ahsoka related in the cartoon, is the same man behind Ahsoka in The Mandalorian. So what exactly is your beef? That her voice isn't high enough? That she doesn't have giant cartoon eyes?

I get it. Throughout Clone Wars she's vey optimistic and upbeat, and then by the end of Rebels she has a quiet stoicism about her. When we see her in The Mandalorian, she's this more stoic version of the character.

I understand the disconnect and even though I'm a fan of Rosario Dawson, it does seem a little strange that Ashley wasn't brought in for live action when so many other animated voices were.

Reaction score
Like who, Bo-Katan? She was actually an actress before that job where as Ashly is only a voice actor. And TBH, I prefer someone a tad bit older considering it is years later. I get she has her fans/following but Ashley still sounds like a kid to me and makes a more "seasoned" character less so, thus she simply wasn't right for this iteration of the character. IMO

Now that I see higher rez image looks like the owl has a head that pivots/swivels, or so I hope as it would be a nice feature.

Reaction score
I get it. Throughout Clone Wars she's vey optimistic and upbeat, and then by the end of Rebels she has a quiet stoicism about her. When we see her in The Mandalorian, she's this more stoic version of the character.

I understand the disconnect and even though I'm a fan of Rosario Dawson, it does seem a little strange that Ashley wasn't brought in for live action when so many other animated voices were.
So the beef is that she had character growth and didn't have the chipper attitude of a teenager when she was nearly two decades older than Luke himself? Uh...I mean, you just acknowledged that she was depicted as more mature and stoic during Rebels. Was she supposed to regress or something?

Also, there is very good reason why Ashley wasn't cast for live action Ahsoka. She's a very small person, first of all. She's under 5' 4". Her husband is 5' 7" and she's significantly shorter than him. Ahsoka in Rebels was depicted as being taller than her CW self. She didn't remain little 'Snips' forever. In addition to that, Dawson's facial structure is very close to how Ahsoka's face was modeled in the cartoons. Ashley's isn't. Dave knew exactly what he was doing when he cast Rosario.

Reaction score
Like who, Bo-Katan? She was actually an actress before that job where as Ashly is only a voice actor. And TBH, I prefer someone a tad bit older considering it is years later. I get she has her fans/following but Ashley still sounds like a kid to me and makes a more "seasoned" character less so, thus she simply wasn't right for this iteration of the character. IMO

Now that I see higher rez image looks like the owl has a head that pivots/swivels, or so I hope as it would be a nice feature.

Ashley was actually a live-action teen actor back in the day:

Reaction score
So the beef is that she had character growth and didn't have the chipper attitude of a teenager when she was nearly two decades older than Luke himself? Uh...I mean, you just acknowledged that she was depicted as more mature and stoic during Rebels. Was she supposed to regress or something?

Also, there is very good reason why Ashley wasn't cast for live action Ahsoka. She's a very small person, first of all. She's under 5' 4". Her husband is 5' 7" and she's significantly shorter than him. Ahsoka in Rebels was depicted as being taller than her CW self. She didn't remain little 'Snips' forever. In addition to that, Dawson's facial structure is very close to how Ahsoka's face was modeled in the cartoons. Ashley's isn't. Dave knew exactly what he was doing when he cast Rosario.

Agreed. Rosario Dawson was an excellent choice for live action Ahsoka. She looks the part, and I think she was able to lend the character a physicality that would've been difficult for Eckstein who has only done voice acting in recent years.

I felt Dawson's portrayal matched what an older Ahsoka would be; a good further evolution from her Rebels appearance.

Ashley Eckstein without question will always be Ahsoka, but that doesn't mean the role can't be shared with others. Ewan McGregor and Sir Alec Guinness share fan acclaim as Obi-Wan. Matt Lanter, James Arnold Taylor, and Sam Witwer are excellent as Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Maul, but that doesn't take away from their live action counterparts.

Reaction score
I felt Dawson's portrayal matched what an older Ahsoka would be; a good further evolution from her Rebels appearance.

Ashley Eckstein without question will always be Ahsoka, but that doesn't mean the role can't be shared with others. Matt Lanter, James Arnold Taylor, and Sam Witwer are excellent as Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Maul, but that doesn't take away from their live action counterparts.

Oh yeah, in no way was I trying to detract from her talent as a voice actor. Her performance is a huge part of why the character became beloved by fans. But just because her voice work was exceptional, doesn't mean she should automatically play the live-action counterpart. I mean, should James Arnold Taylor have been considered to play Obi Wan in the upcoming series? Of course not. There's a visual aspect that has to be met when it comes to casting a live action role, and again, Dave knew exactly what he was doing when he cast Dawson.

Reaction score
Look, I have no beef with Filoni's decision to cast Dawson. I also know that Ahsoka is older in Mando and I definitely don't expect a chipper attitude, high pitched voice, and big eyes. I also don't think Ashley should have been cast either. It's just in my opinion , Dawson doesn't translate into a older Ahsoka based on what we saw in Clone Wars. For me, it is her build, the way she carries herself (she comes off a little manly to me) , her voice, her facial features. I just don't see a older Ahsoka translated from the Clone Wars animation when I see Dawson. Compared to all of the other characters from the Clone Wars animation translated to live action, Dawson is glaring. Dawson and twitter users lobbied for Dawson to get the part and I think Filoni thought it was a great idea. I know a lot of people are happy with her as Ahsoka and thats fine. I'm not mad about it and I can still watch and enjoy the shows, I just think something is off when I see her as Ahsoka. Just my opinion...don't get mad lol. Emperorpalps you're one of my favorite posters!
The actress Carly Chaikin looks more Ahsoka to me...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211208-162152.png
    Screenshot_20211208-162152.png
    323.6 KB · Views: 15
Reaction score
I would also like to add that I think it sux that Hasbro did not include the soft goods cloak on the carded release. TVC is the premier Star Wars product in 3.75" and to not include the soft goods cloak is a kick in the ***** to carded collectors.....

Reaction score
The actress Carly Chaikin looks more Ahsoka to me...
Not familiar with her or her work, but doing a quick Google image search, she has a pretty big jaw/chin. In my opinion, that's definitely more of a masculine feature than anything Rosario has going on!

As for Filoni only casting her because she and her fans lobbied for her to get the role, I highly doubt that was Dave's only consideration. That may have put her on his radar, but if she didn't have the gravitas to pull off an older, wiser version of Ahsoka, he wouldn't have cast her.

Dawson's acting chops are legit, and I think she's gonna floor everybody in the upcoming spin-off series.