Ahsoka (Ahsoka Show) - VC#297

GNT

Reaction score
HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $16.99 / Available: Fall 2023)

This figure features premium detail and design across product and packaging inspired by the original Kenner line, as well as the entertainment-inspired collector grade deco. It includes the Ahsoka figure with her 2 signature lightsaber accessories.

1689981719773.jpeg
full

Will you be picking up this release?

Ahsoka Tano from Ahsoka. Code-named "Dubois" & is VC297. Is part of the 2020 Wave 16. Comes with both her signature white lightsabers. This is basically a repack of the VC222 Ahsoka Tano (Corvis) figure.

On shelf Fall 2023. MSRP is $16.99. Available for pre-order August 10th at 1pm ET at most major retailers.

Press Release

Set after the fall of the Empire, AHSOKA follows former Jedi Knight Ahsoka Tano as she investigates an emerging threat to a vulnerable galaxy. Fans can celebrate the legacy of STAR WARS, the action-and-adventure-packed space saga from a galaxy far, far away, with this premium 3.75-inch scale STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION AHSOKA TANO figure inspired by STAR WARS: AHSOKA live-action series. This figure features premium detail and design across product and packaging inspired by the original Kenner line, as well as the entertainment-inspired collector grade deco. Includes figure with her 2 signature Lightsaber accessories.

VC-Ahsoka-Tano-AHSOKA-In-Hand-Carded-1.jpg

VC-Ahsoka-Tano-AHSOKA-In-Hand-Loose-1.jpg

Press Images

VC-Ahsoka-Tano-AHSOKA-Carded-1-Resized.jpg

VC-Ahsoka-Tano-AHSOKA-Loose-1-Resized.jpg
VC-Ahsoka-Tano-AHSOKA-Loose-2-Resized.jpg

VC-Ahsoka-Tano-AHSOKA-Loose-3-Resized.jpg
VC-Ahsoka-Tano-AHSOKA-Loose-4-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
VC-Ahsoka-Tano-AHSOKA-Carded-1.jpg

VC-Ahsoka-Tano-AHSOKA-Loose-1.jpg

VC-Ahsoka-Tano-AHSOKA-Loose-3.jpg

VC-Ahsoka-Tano-AHSOKA-Loose-4.jpg

Last edited:
I don't mind them repacking an existing figure on a new card for new media (I'm surprised they don't do it more often) but ideally shouldn't this be on the shelves before the show hits?

Yes, it should be on the shelf before the show hits...but... :ROFLMAO:

An easy pass for me since I already own the Mandalorian Season 2 version, but I’m glad that carded collectors get a chance to have her on a card-back that’s based on the show.

I already have two of these as it is… I almost wish they gave Ahsoka a new outfit for her own show. But oh well!

I don’t have any carded VC Ahsokas so 50-50 on whether I’ll grab one for the MOC collection. Leaning toward no.

Getting back into 3.75" SW collecting after a hiatus so pardon the ignorance. So this Ahsoka looks like it'll be the same as previous releases? I'm an opener. What's the better strategy at this point, wait for this release or pick up an older set?

Getting back into 3.75" SW collecting after a hiatus so pardon the ignorance. So this Ahsoka looks like it'll be the same as previous releases? I'm an opener. What's the better strategy at this point, wait for this release or pick up an older set?
The paint apps may be a bit different on the newer release, but otherwise it appears to be a repack. The newer release will also be at the higher MSRP - $16.99. You can probably still find the previous version, VC222, at a significant discount - $10 or less.

*Edit -

$6.99 at Kids Warehouse

I have an extra of the Mando version so that will be the one that goes with the other AHSOKA series figures.

i know hasbro stated in person at sdcc and their press release, Aug. 10th, but EE changed their drop zone date from 10th to 9th w/o adding one on 10th so i wonder if there was an official date change to 9th. Guess we'll know in a week or could be like the Andor (disguise) date some went a week early w/ new launch date while others like amazon stuck w/ orig date a week later.

Books a Million have the Deluxe for like 15$, that's the way to going you find it for a decent price

i know hasbro stated in person at sdcc and their press release, Aug. 10th, but EE changed their drop zone date from 10th to 9th w/o adding one on 10th so i wonder if there was an official date change to 9th. Guess we'll know in a week or could be like the Andor (disguise) date some went a week early w/ new launch date while others like amazon stuck w/ orig date a week later.
UPDATE...
EE updated their drop zone page,back to include 8/10 STAR WARS is now definitely 8/10. Clues are dead giveaway....

"Thursday, August 10
10:00 am PT
A long time ago, in a convention center not too far away, some things were revealed - and if you sign up for this reminder, you can even buy some of them
!"

The paint apps may be a bit different on the newer release, but otherwise it appears to be a repack. The newer release will also be at the higher MSRP - $16.99. You can probably still find the previous version, VC222, at a significant discount - $10 or less.

*Edit -

$6.99 at Kids Warehouse

Surprising to see such an excellent figure at that price, unable to sell out - unless they do a limited run of this repack, it's probably going to end up an Ollies. I don't know what they're thinking producing so many figures of any particular character anymore (even a core / popular one), when its mostly adult collectors buying these over and over again - not kids, especially at $17+ per figure.

*Edit -

$6.99 at Kids Warehouse

Thanks for that, ordered

Surprising to see such an excellent figure at that price, unable to sell out - unless they do a limited run of this repack, it's probably going to end up an Ollies. I don't know what they're thinking producing so many figures of any particular character anymore (even a core / popular one), when its mostly adult collectors buying these over and over again - not kids, especially at $17+ per figure.
While I agree, I think it was probably to do with keeping the MSRP at a certain threshold, so they produced X number of units to meat that. My theory is that that's why we saw such a steep increase recently, they had to cut back on units produced per character after seeing just how many of both her and Bo-Katan went unsold. Seems they overdid it when they sought to correct the low output of 2019 after the complaints flowed in, now they're possibly having to adjust it a real it back in which cause prices to increase. Among a number of other things that are more obvious.

A major reason as to why I didn't bother buying extras for custom fodder is the very unique look to it, plus I don't care for how the legs were done.
that said, the torso, arms and belt were reusable for other things.

Last edited:
I’m curious if they’ll ever do an “Ahsoka the White” version from the Rebels finale.

Seems like something Hasbro would do to reuse/spam the mold.

How far into the future was that scene? I don't recall but wouldn't it make more sense for that version to utilize TCW S7 sculpt?

Pre-Order Links

Ahsoka Tano @ Amazon
Ahsoka Tano @ Gamestop

International Links

Ahsoka Tano @ Amazon Canada

Last edited:
30DC5879-116A-4EBA-AD0B-DF826D6A08A3.jpeg
Apologies for not reading the thread first, but a quick comparison to confirm the repack. Some longer lekku or another accessory and I may have pulled the trigger on a second one. I have a spare Prune Face robe which works ok for a “white Ahsoka” if I need one.. but I really should have bought the deluxe pack, because I’m all about the hood.

View attachment 472802
Apologies for not reading the thread first, but a quick comparison to confirm the repack. Some longer lekku or another accessory and I may have pulled the trigger on a second one. I have a spare Prune Face robe which works ok for a “white Ahsoka” if I need one.. but I really should have bought the deluxe pack, because I’m all about the hood.
Really should have included the hilts at least

Good point! To think I racked my brain for a good accessory.
3616836E-BF84-4BBF-9764-F6BF8C4590F9.jpeg273C7FF5-86DF-4AFF-AAA2-EF315407FCBB.jpeg Anyway, here’s Prune Face’s dirty old robe. It is what it is.. but that Prune Face pulls a pretty penny nowadays for some reason.

Here’s season 7 Ahsoka.. if you can’t tell..😀
755F87E6-CA72-4F0C-86B8-24FC2C93744F.jpeg

436D5104-2B0D-4A53-B410-C2A956A8626A.jpeg

Last edited:
Ahsoka's hood would have to be fabric I think, no way to do it Revan style. Which tends to look better.

Ahsoka's hood would have to be fabric I think, no way to do it Revan style. Which tends to look better.

Best option would be to do it the way the original Black Series Darth Maul robe was designed

^easy pass being a recarded repack. Still a nice looking figure/pkge though

Already have like 4-5 I got on sale for $6 so I'm good on this version. It really is too bad Hasbro didn't know ahead of time and just repaint it for the white/light gray look and tool a new head, that I might have considered getting.

I'd have also bought a reissued Anakin in CW armor over this, and at least that one has been OOS for a few years.

Whoever has this does she grip her lightsabers tightly? Because I have the original and they slide out with the slightest movement.

Unless they tooled new hands with tighter grip than I don't think it will be any better in that regard.

I just got this figure today from Walmart, even though I wasn’t planning to, but I couldn’t help it because I liked the new paint job. As it turns out, Hasbro improved other things on this figure than just the paint job alone. The lekku on this release are made of much more pliable plastic than the original release, which makes it easier to turn her head sideways. In addition, she can also grip her lightsabers better than in the previous release. I'm not sure whether the handgrip will loosen up over time, but I thought these little changes were worth noting.

Well I did in fact buy deluxe Ahsoka and yes her grip is way better. Maybe my standard release just had wide hands. Also deluxe price is ridiculous for a robe and accessories like some floaty spheres

Back