Agent Kallus - SL05

GNT

Reaction score
A picture of the this figure is up here. Who's going to be buying this figure?

Reaction score
A picture of the this figure is up here. Who's going to be buying this figure?
I'll buy an Angry Bike Helmet Dude or two! It's nice to see Imperials, and new-ish ones at that, as the bad guys again.

Reaction score
I'm in on this guy. Big time Kenner/Death Squad Commander vibe. His firearm looks outstanding.

Reaction score
I won't be purchasing any of these 5-POA poseurs, but if they were ever to make proper action figures of the Rebels characters, this fellow would be no. 1 on my list. May he slay many Rebel/Jedi scum on the screen!

Reaction score
Neat looking character, the lack of articulation doesn't completely turn me off, but there's going to be an issue of presentation, that's for sure. It won't mesh with either my film or Clone Wars displays.

Reaction score
Which idiot is in charge of thinking up these names?
When are they going to run out of words?
Will we get a figure of Grand Moff Badtemper?

Reaction score
Which idiot is in charge of thinking up these names?
When are they going to run out of words?
Will we get a figure of Grand Moff Badtemper?
LOL

Hey at least it's an improvement over "Savage Oppress"...:whistling:

Reaction score
Agent Harsh. Agent Meanie. Agent Badguy.

Nice to see a non-Sithy named villain.

Reaction score
An Imperial like this would have been cool in the Droids animated line - I hope Admiral Screed makes an appearance - I'd love a figure of him.

Reaction score
Darth Maul (the attack dog), Darth Sidious (insidious), Darth Tyrannus (tyrant), General Grievous, Darth Vader (invader), Han Solo (the rogue loner), Darth Plagueis (plague), and the list goes on.

So, it's nothing new.

Reaction score
Darth Maul (the attack dog), Darth Sidious (insidious), Darth Tyrannus (tyrant), General Grievous, Darth Vader (invader), Han Solo (the rogue loner), Darth Plagueis (plague), and the list goes on.

So, it's nothing new.
Only two of those are from the OT though (and has it actually been confirmed that "Vader" is a contraction of "invader", or is that just fan-speculation?) It's really only with the advent of the PT that things start getting out of hand.

Reaction score
Exactly. We are literate here, thanks. It's just that it is getting tired and overused - hence my comment amount running out of words.

Unless of course his name refers to the fact that he has rough skin.

Reaction score
Kallus immediately made me think of the "Imperial Janitor". I might get him and use him in my OT collection as such.

Reaction score
This guy is just screaming "Mandalorian police officer" at me....

I'd rather not see him on the pegs months and months later... hopefully the character will be a bit more interesting. The design is a nice nod to OT imperials, though.

Reaction score
This guy is just screaming "Mandalorian police officer" at me....

I'd rather not see him on the pegs months and months later... hopefully the character will be a bit more interesting. The design is a nice nod to OT imperials, though.
Oh yeah, you are right, he does look like the Madalorian figure.

Reaction score
I agree these names are moe up GL's alley, but since it's an all new beast. Maybe they should try something new with names?!

Sadly as cool as the figure looks, I'll pass. I probably don't have to say, that if he were SA I'd definitely buy him!

ZX3

Reaction score
I thought he was a trooper when I saw the pics. Not terribly distinctive for a main character.

Reaction score
I thought he was a trooper when I saw the pics. Not terribly distinctive for a main character.
He probably won't be a main character. The Inquisitor's second-in-command, probably. It's possible he'll die before the first season's out (not based on any rumors, just speculating).

Reaction score
Exactly. We are literate here, thanks. It's just that it is getting tired and overused - hence my comment amount running out of words.
If you think the names in Star Wars are tired and overused then it means you've outgrown SW, congratulations you're an adult, a grumpy old man, now go leave SW to the young (or the young at heart!) :)

Rebels and Star Wars in general is aimed at kids, it's not Shakespeare for Yavin's sake. it's for youngster who've yet to become jaded and cynical.

Star Wars has never been subtle, the names give you a clue, if the fact that the huge guy in the black armour and scary mask is the bad guy isn't clue enough, and that the girl in the white dress is the heroine. SW isn't about shades of grey, it's black and white, especially the OT.

For the record I like the look of this character, a real hark back to the Death Star Commander (see even in 1978 the names weren't subtle).

Reaction score
If you think the names in Star Wars are tired and overused then it means you've outgrown SW, congratulations you're an adult, a grumpy old man, now go leave SW to the young
When I do it as a self-deprecating joke elsewhere it's OK and I'll go along with it. When I find this over here, it isn't, thanks.
We all know how it works and that is part of the reason why we love it. The imaginatively-barren recycling of names and themes only goes so far until tedium hits and the fun is gone, however. Surely one can also credit youths with a capability to exercise discernment?

Reaction score
Like any article, I'm sure that this one about the demise of LucasArts has it's share of both truths and inaccuracies, but this part seems relevant:

A similar situation arose with Star Wars: The Force Unleashed’s protagonist, Starkiller. “[That name] was only supposed to be a nickname or call sign, not a proper name from the beginning,” a former LucasArts employee says. The development team hoped that Lucas would give Vader’s apprentice a Darth moniker, which at the time, was something that didn’t happen often.
“The team threw a Hail Mary to George, saying the game would have more credibility if the apprentice had a ‘Darth’ title,” a Force Unleashed team member says. Lucas agreed that this situation made sense for Sith royalty, and offered up two Darth titles for the team to choose from. “He threw out ‘Darth Icky’ and ‘Darth Insanius.’ There was a pregnant pause in the room after that. People waiting for George to say ‘just kidding,’ but it never comes, and he just moved on to another point.”
!!!!! :awesome:

Sometimes, I think that Lucas is an Andy Kaufman-esque cosmic prankster. I'm about 50/50 whether he was serious in this case, or just taking the **** in his ultra-dry manner--knowing that he'd leave the whole room in a state of befuddlement, but either way: Darth Icky!! "Agent Kallus" sounds subtle next to that, doesn't it? :p

Reaction score
I expect they misheard him dropping a big hint and he actually said Darth Mickey.

Reaction score
The helmet looks like a mix of GI JOE RETALIATION Combat Ninja and the Death Star Trooper. The figure's design looks Clone Warsish, not sure whats the big deal about this figure, really generic OT mixed with PT which is Clone Wars anyway.

Reaction score
The helmet looks like a mix of GI JOE RETALIATION Combat Ninja and the Death Star Trooper. The figure's design looks Clone Warsish, not sure whats the big deal about this figure, really generic OT mixed with PT which is Clone Wars anyway.
Most of the Rebels designs are "really generic". Kallus at least looks like an unusually ****** version of the Imperial Naval Troopers, who don't usually get much in the way of characterisation.

Reaction score
He looks he's wearing a boxing sparing partner protective head gear while the Inquisitor's sporting a custom goalie mask. Corithian style helmets were used by Corusant commandos and senate guard personal.

Reaction score
He looks he's wearing a boxing sparing partner protective head gear while the Inquisitor's sporting a custom goalie mask. Corithian style helmets were used by Corusant commandos and senate guard personal.
Yes, and...?

GNT

Reaction score
Thanks to the fine guys over at Yodasnews.com we now have carded shots of this figure, make sure to click the link to view loose pics as well:

GNT

Reaction score
You can tell in the picture it's all one solid piece.