AFA - suspends all grading except vintage SW 3 3/4.

Reaction score
AFA suspends all grading except vintage SW! Nuts to think they are turning away business.

How is there no competition in the states? Who wants to start a new grading service? I'm in.

Reaction score
Well they've had some Super Powers loose figures of mine for over a month. I'm curious if they'll grade them or send them back. On my invoice they added this note:

* Although no projected completion date has been assigned to this invoice, all Loose submissions under the Standard Tier will be placed in the queue based on date of arrival, membership level and category. As a courtesy, you will not be charged until the final stage of processing. You will be contacted before billing.

Reaction score
Well they've had some Super Powers loose figures of mine for over a month. I'm curious if they'll grade them or send them back. On my invoice they added this note:

* Although no projected completion date has been assigned to this invoice, all Loose submissions under the Standard Tier will be placed in the queue based on date of arrival, membership level and category. As a courtesy, you will not be charged until the final stage of processing. You will be contacted before billing.

Anything already here will be completed (unless you wanted it back right now).

Reaction score
I don't know but my membership was a waste, I sent in SW figures to get graded and we're just returned because told me it would take to long.. what!!! I was so mad amd annoyed wast of time and money shipping and my Memebership!!!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't know but my membership was a waste, I sent in SW figures to get graded and we're just returned because told me it would take to long.. what!!! I was so mad amd annoyed wast of time and money shipping and my Memebership!!!!!

Were they vintage or modern figures because they're still grading vintage loose but not modern.

Reaction score

yup.. I can sympathize with your feelings.

Reaction score
I just cancelled a bunch of loose GI Joe's, they were tacking on $20-$30 extra for case design. I don't plan to send anymore loose figures to them unless it is a special one. I think the cases are just too much work for them. They might be getting out of the loose game all together. Wouldn't surprise me.

Reaction score
The membership I signed up for was just a waste of money. Sent my items and was told they wouldn't do it because it would take to long to open the figures and put them In Cases, wish I could get my money back for the membership

Reaction score
The membership I signed up for was just a waste of money. Sent my items and was told they wouldn't do it because it would take to long to open the figures and put them In Cases, wish I could get my money back for the membership

Starfriend,

Did you reach out to Customer Service: custserv@cgagrading.com ?

If you have not, I would recommend doing so and explain your case (if you haven't already made submissions with the membership). I had an issue with my membership in the past and received a partial refund based upon the circumstances.

Reaction score

Not Surprised at all. They have the knack for taking your money first and then making up new rules.